a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 2/7/16 "Rosy Cheeks" A Memory Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Rosy Cheeks
A Memory Man Production

Your house is never a dull place thanks to the influence of your cheerful energetic and irrepressible seven year old son Chuck.  Although Chuck is a joy to have around there are times when he goes too far and earns himself a spanking.

However his surfeit of energy doesn't go down too well with his teachers who complain about his behaviour in class and after getting several letters home you gave him a sound spanking and promised him a repeat every time he brought home a note complaining about his behaviour.  Your threat seems to have (almost) worked and now you rarely need to deliver on your promise.

Today there has been a fresh fall of crisp crunchy snow and after walking down to collect Chuck from school you both stand in the porch rosy cheeked and exhilarated as you brush the snow off each other after joining forces in a running snow fight with some of his friends and their fathers on the way back home.

Chuck - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
You go up to get changed and have settled in front of the fire when Chuck follows you down and, looking somewhat less apprehensive than normal, slips one of THOSE dreaded spanking envelopes into your hand.  You sigh and open it.

It only takes moments for your eyes to light on the key phrase "..............has been engaging in the dangerous practice of throwing snowballs on school premises despite......................"

Is his optimism justified, or are his other cheeks about to become rosy?  What will you do/say?

Iconoclast

Trailboss
If the teacher thinks that boys throwing snowballs is a dangerous practice it is time for me to stop supporting this teacher and I probably need to look for other schooling for Chuck. There will be no more punishment for Chuck based on this teachers opinion, now or ever!

Iconoclast

The Cappadocian

Greenhorn
I'm with Icono on this one. I should be having serious words with the school for subjecting me and Chuck to this kind of nonsense. Maybe people who so clearly demonstrate zero understanding of children have no business teaching them.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'd hardly call throwing snowballs dangerous unless someone is putting rocks in them. Nevertheless, aside from the word "dangerous", I'm not going to jump to the conclusion the teacher is completely wrong. If Chuck was told not to throw snowballs and continued to do so, he was disobedient. Perhaps he was throwing them at people who were not interested in playing. Then there are parents, who often bitch no matter what the teacher does. Perhaps some parents in the past have complained that their darlings came home with wet clothes.

I may not spank him, but I'm not going to license him to disobey his teacher. Perhaps it's time to channel Atticus Finch and offer a compromise to Chuck -- one that doesn't compromise his teacher's authority.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
I think I need to know more of the circumstances. . Was Chucky warned NOT to throw snowballs . Did he disobey school rules. Did he hurt anyone, break a window or cause a traffic accident. I need to know more because clearly we are in danger of sending Chuck mixed messages since he's now drawn me into this "dangerous" game. So I and Chuck will be discussing , and I and the school will be discussing before I take precipitate action. Clear ly Chuck doesnt see what he did as wrong and I do want to know why the school think it is.

Jack

Admin
For those of you who don't currently have kids in schools, or who don't closely read Codes of Conduct - there is a line in ours, under disciplinary violations, that says something to the effect of 'throwing anything not intended for throwing (or anything outside of an appropriate game or event).

While I'm not going to spank for this, since the previous problem was for behavior that disrupted the classroom, we will have a discussion about following the rules. I'm mostly interested in whether this note was sent home on a first offense or not.

ivor

Marshall
Tricky one.

I have just joined Chuck in doing the very thing for which the school has issued the note.

The picture indicates there is a significant snowfall so I doubt there is much chance of any snowball containing a stone that might injure or cause damage. That though I suspect is the school's concern with the possibility of legal action should anything happen on their premises.

I'm going to have to explain to him that there are right and wrong times to have snowball fights, and perhaps he'd like a few stingoors to help him warm up??

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Um - Machiavellian little bugger, isn't he?

This worries me a little - if he's doing this sort of thing at seven, what will he be doing at thirteen?

I think we'd better punish him just to nip this sort of behaviour in the bud and all... he's getting his spanking...

Stevie.

kalico

Sherrif
I agree with jack and most that the other was for bad behavior and this sounds like something other.... We will talk about the rules and this will be his warning on this subject....

Snowballs can hurt just fine without a rock in it on thier own ... It all depends on how it was made... Packed snowballs turn into a hard ball and REALLY HURT

Hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
ivor wrote:Tricky one.

I have just joined Chuck in doing the very thing for which the school has issued the note.

The picture indicates there is a significant snowfall so I doubt there is much chance of any snowball containing a stone that might injure or cause damage. That though I suspect is the school's concern with the possibility of legal action should anything happen on their premises.

I'm going to have to explain to him that there are right and wrong times to have snowball fights, and perhaps he'd like a few stingoors to help him warm up??

I like ivor's answer.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum