View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:12 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
BUG LOVER
A DMK Production

Your eight year old son, Danny, loves bugs.  Here he is with his latest find:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He took the mantis inside and put it in a box in his room intending to keep it as a "pet."  The mantis escaped.

Your spouse has a severe fear of all things creepy-crawly and the mantis quickly found your spouse.  After your spouse recovered from the shock and fear s/he grabbed some bug spray and soaked the mantis killing it.

Danny found out what happened and started screaming at your spouse and throwing a tantrum.  Danny was sent to his room to wait on you as you handle the discipline.  You are now home and your spouse fills you in on the details and tells you Danny is waiting in his room for you to deal with him.

What do you do?

For the record:  Unless you are a male mantis the creature is absolutely harmless.

2 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:15 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm going to console Danny. Insects aren't my taste in pets, but it was a living creature that he cared about. The spouse needs either to get a grip or get treatment for the phobia. Useful insects and spiders need to be left alone, and poison should be a last resort for real vermin (six-legged variety as you go to prison for taking out the two-legged variety).

Kat

3 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:04 pm

1strappedboy

Sherrif
What the first member of the K Klub to respond has said.

Unless he's been foul mouthed in his expression of dismay, he's getting NOTHING but my support and understanding. I'm pleased as can be that he's developed empathy towards living things (even insects) as his tells me that he understands that ALL living things deserve respect and that's a lesson I have worked hard to instill.

If he let his 'mouth get ahead of his brain', we may have a brief 'discussion' about that but it will depend on him. If he shows sufficient contrition/recognition of the error of his ways we will indeed simply talk about it. If not, we may need to 'discuss' it in a bit more concrete manner. Twisted Evil

4 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:47 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Kat. I don't like bugs, and I certainly wouldn't keep them as pets, but I don't understand people who totally decompensate in their presence.

5 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:38 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
I think that the tantrums (yes, plural!) need to be addressed in turn.  After 'recovering' the spouse went on a killing spree, contaminated the house with poisons and traumatized a child.  Such behavior is totally unacceptable PERIOD.

Danny's reaction was a normal response to the great out-of-control violence and he bravely reacted with only words and not violence.  Additionally his so called tantrum was following the example of an adult who is charged with setting proper examples.

And yes, the insecticide was legal but was not used according to the directions leaving high concentration residue which can be dangerous not only to insects but mammals including humans.

Tasks:
1- Console Danny.
2- Decontaminate the area as best as possible and dispose of that waste without contaminating the ground water, ie, not in the toilet but trash or controlled burn.
3- Get the spouse therapy to prevent a reoccurrence.

Y.

David M. Katz wrote:[For the record:  Unless you are a male mantis the creature is absolutely harmless.
A praying is a PREDATOR and in its world of insects is quite dangerous although not to larger critters.  That the female decapitates the male while copulating is a fact that is in dispute.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

6 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:43 am

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto Dimitri

Hugs kal

7 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:06 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm going up to sit Danny on my knee and commiserate on his loss.  Then, in words he can understand, I'll attempt to explain all about phobias, that his mother has a phobia about insects, that a phobia is an illness and that his mother reacted out of sheer uncontrollable panic.

My next task will be to persuade my wife to seek treatment.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

8 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:10 am

ivor

Marshall
Unfortunately some people do have phobias so I have some sympathy for my spouse's reaction, but I'm certainly not going to punish Danny. Perhaps a trip to his Diner may cheer him up Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

9 Re: BOTD 2/13/16 "Bug Lover" A DMK Production on Sat Feb 13, 2016 6:00 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
My spouse has had a boy for 8 years and cannot come to terms with bugs. My son has had his Mom for 8 years and hasn't learnt to hide his bugs away from her. A plague on both their houses. Oh alright, that would infect me I suppose. Danny's having a long relaxing soak and I'm spanking the wife. Oohps I cant do that either. Ivor has the right idea

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum