Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 02-17-2016 Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Is the Strap the Very Thing? A Stevie Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Hark the Herald Angels Sing - Is the Strap the Very Thing?
A Stevie Production

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

It is the school Christmas Pageant of 1967, and Kevin - an eleven year old boy with a very beautiful alto voice - is singing his solo 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing', which he has practiced over and over again with the grade six music teacher until it is perfect. It is the evening, and the auditorium is filled with parents and other assorted relatives...

The spot light focuses upon the angelic little face, but the words which come out are:

Hark the herald angels sing
Ex-Lax pills are just the thing.
Peace on earth and mercy mild
Two for mother, one for child

He is just finishing the crescendo...

Joyful all ye nations rise
Fills your toilet to the skies

...when the principal reaches him.

It takes a LONG time for the teachers to bring all the children under control again.

It is, of course, 1967 and there is still a strap hanging on display in the principal's office, though it is not used very often nowadays... does it come off the wall and down upon Kevin's angelic little bottom?

(Note - yes, David - and Kier -, I know it's actually a picture of a Bar Mitzvah boy and all)

AFinch

Sherrif
1967? It certainly does. I hope Kevin thinks it was worth it.

The Cappadocian

Greenhorn
Coprophilia and musical talent? The kid's clearly the next Mozart. But the strap is probably just the thing to keep the young composer out of the early grave the rest seem to end up in.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think he probably gets the strap, though my first instinct is to roll my eyes.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
Why, the little s... spoiling the Christmas concert for everyone.

As the Principal I shall forget the line about 'mercy mild'!

Hark at little Kevin yelp
As his bottom I will skelp
Raise it high and bring it down
So it lands upon the crown
Of his bottom raised up high
Retribution time is nigh

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Poor Kevin - closeted away with an irate principal and a strap.

Then I wonder what will be his fate when he's handed back to his embarrassed incandescent "Shown Up" mother and his secretly sniggering father.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
As if butter would melt. Yep the strap is certainly getting an outing, I'm sure Kevins folks won't object. Then I think Kevins participation in this event is over. Hope it was worth it young man

Pi Beta

Deputy
The strap - most definitely but I will; also want to know who set him up for this. Is he the sort of lad for whom this would not be unexpected or has he never before strayed from the straight and narrow? Is it the result of a bet or dare, because I would like to take vengeance also on any others involved, though if it is his father who set this up, that might be a little difficult!

I think he'll be hitting the high notes fortissimo while I leather his backside. If father is as horrified as I am, I suspect he might ask to borrow the strap immediately I've finished with my minstrations!

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie supposes that no one is interested in what really happened to Kevin and all...

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
Vengeance you say!  And others also suggest pouncing on the laddie in the season of good will and peace on earth.  

Well in that case, do it right and give him to the Inquisition.  He'll come back (if he survives) truly penitent and humble.

Bah!  Humbug!

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

AFinch

Sherrif
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie supposes that no one is interested in what really happened to Kevin and all...

Inquiring minds and all, Stevie....

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
I said in the scenario that the strap was not often used in my school system in 1967, and that was the case here... mainly deployed in cases of bullying, vandalism, or dangerous horseplay... that was not the case here. Kevin's skinny little bum remained unmarked by the Ontario School Regulation strap, although, in any case, it would most likely been used on his upturned palms and not his bum... He was assigned a detention in which he had to write 'I must not be crude and disgusting in school' many, many times (500? not sure exactly)

That did not apply to Kevin's dad, who was a firm believer in corporal punishment and the impression made by a belt on a naughty boy's bottom...  Kevin showed me the results in the boy's room at school and they were impressive, to say the least...

The state of his backside did not make his detention 'anymore' pleasant and all... 

Astute members may speculate that Stevie had something to do with the choice of the words to the song... actually, the doggerel was fairly common at the time and Kevin did not pull the words out of either his head or mine...

That said, I may have encouraged the misbehaviour, serene in the knowledge that my parents did not spank... but don't get the idea that Kev was not a willing participant... nor that he did not receive encouragement from other directions...

Stevie...

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Why not flesh this out into a story, Stevie?

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
I agree with Pi's answer and with Kat's suggestion for a story.

Padraig

Trailboss
ditto - after a new chapter of the minder... Very Happy

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Kat wrote:Why not flesh this out into a story, Stevie?

Um, I've already been told that I shouldn't weite any more boring stories and all...

Maybe I should see if I could get a job writing labels for tins of tunafish...

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
StevieWeeks wrote:

Um, I've already been told that I shouldn't weite any more boring stories and all...

So this one nastygram carries more weight than the other voices that have provided consistent praise and encouragement? Stevie, you are hardly the only author at MMSA to get a nasty piece of feedback. GET OVER IT!

Kat

MemoryMan

Sherrif
StevieWeeks wrote:

Shocked  Shocked Shocked  

Stevie, with your talent it should at least be tins of best Pacific wild salmon. Very Happy

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Kat wrote:
StevieWeeks wrote:

So this one nastygram carries more weight than the other voices that have provided consistent praise and encouragement? Stevie, you are hardly the only author at MMSA to get a nasty piece of feedback. GET OVER IT!

Kat

I don't know what negative feedback you have received  but I can guess.

In a world where TV on both sides of the pond seems hell-bent on educating the public with dumbed down documentaries packed with trivialised "entertaining" vision bytes it is unsurprising that the soberly researched background to your stories will be boring to some readers --- I pity them.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum