a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 2/19/16 "Thanks For The Memories" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES
A DMK Production

Your son, Robert Peter III, or Trey as he is called, is thirteen, just about to be fourteen.  You find that spanking is very effective with Trey; as it was for you well in to your teens.  Trey is responsible for keeping the lawn mowed, as were you as a youngster.

Summer break has just started and the lawn is looking shaggy.  Trey has been reminded twice to take care of his chore but has "forgotten" both times.  You are at your wits end this morning and tell your son that he has two choices:  he can do the lawn this morning without a sore butt or this afternoon after you get home with a sore butt. You and your spouse head out to your respective jobs.  Trey has promised the spanking will not be necessary and that he will get the lawn done.  

Trey settles in front of his video game and does intend to do the lawn but he gets involved in the game  and time gets away from him and the next thing he knows you are walking in the door and it is the afternoon. You snap at Trey to go get the paddle and then tell him after the spanking he can go mow the yard.  Trey sulks off to the laundry room to where the paddle is kept.  Trey is waiting for you:

TREY - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Trey tries to explain himself and promises he will go take care of his chore now. (There is still plenty of light.) You remind Trey he has had three chances already and that you intend to give the spanking.  Trey then mumbles an apology at you and simply asks, "Please don't spank me."

You look at Trey and hear his request and you are reminded of your younger self.

ROBBIE (You) - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You are standing before RP, Sr. for the exact same reason (three strikes on not mowing the lawn) except you got involved in watching baseball on TV and forgot the lawn.  Your father did not yield and you got spanked and then had to mow the lawn.

Trey's posture and voice bring back the memory.  You remember feeling scared and angry and feeling like the whole thing was unfair even though deep down you knew the spanking was justified.

You look at Trey one more time and answer him.

What do you say?

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
I also remember Portia on the subject of mercy.

I offer Trey an option -- to avoid a spanking now but without any more chances for missing such chores for the rest of the season.

Hopefully, treating him as more grown up will encourage more responsible behavior.  If not, the paddle is still available in the future.  It will also improve our relationship which is of the highest priority.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

squarecutter

Sherrif
Hope Im not sending out the wrong message but with the help a couple of stingoers I am going to march him out to where the Lawn mower is kept and watch him get started. I will then check on him at regular intervals. Later I will suggest that if he wishes not to be supervised like a little boy and prefers to be treated like the teenager he is he need to show he can be trusted to get on with things.

AFinch

Sherrif
I like Y Lee's solution. As a semi-related aside, if you've not read Faye Kellerman's "The Quality of Mercy", I highly recommend it.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
squarecutter wrote:Hope Im not sending out the wrong message but with the help a couple of stingoers I am going to march him out to where the Lawn mower is kept and watch him get started. I will then check on him at regular intervals. Later I will suggest that if he wishes not to be supervised like a little boy and prefers to be treated like the teenager he is he need to show he can be trusted to get on with things.

I agree!

Iconoclast

The Cappadocian

Greenhorn
He's in for it. If after several reminders and warnings he can't pull himself out of the video game timesink, then he needs a reminder to prioritize the real world. I'm sure he's sorry and feels stupid about it now, but that doesn't somehow give him a free pass.

kalico

Sherrif
I'm with cappadocian.....

Hugs kal

ivor

Marshall
Trey has had tres chances, how many more should I give him?

I suspect it will be the YLC route but with some stingoors to send him on his way to start the mowing.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
"Trey, did you not promise to mow the lawn this morning?"
"Yes dad"
"Did you keep that promise?"
"No dad"
"Is it good to break a promise?"
"No dad"
"Did I not promise you a sore bottom if you broke that promise?"
"..........Er...ye.es dad"
"Do you trust me to keep my promises to you?"
"Yes dad"

Sigh
"Get 'em down then"

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
My inclination is to the mercy route. If there is plenty of light, I wonder why I didn't simply send him out to do the chore during the evening before now. Unless I anticipated someone from the city's code enforcement office coming by, what difference does it make what time of day he does this?

He clearly has trouble with managing time due to distractions. That's something that needs working on, but I feel there are better ways than punishment.

Kat

Jack

Admin
This is a thirteen-year old boy. I'm supposed to be helping him learn to do things like time management.

I am going to send him to do the lawn now, and when he's finished and cleaned up, he and I are going to sit down and talk. I'm going to give him a couple of options on how we can deal with chores for the rest of the summer, but he has pretty much used up his (fourth) chances at this point.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum