You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:59 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Grounded But All Wet?

You and your son made a deal when he turned fourteen. You agreed to
exchange spankings for groundings when he needs to be punished. You reserved the right to spank him if you determined it was "extreme circumstances".

Well you son is grounded this weekend. He was not allowed to attend the swim meet at your local pool. You knew it wasn't a championship or playoff meet and explained to the coach that Taylor would be missing this week.

Well apparently Taylor slipped out of the house and went to swim. You walked into the pool to see him finish winning the race.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well what's the plan now? Are these extreme circumstances?

2 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:58 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Is the meet now over? If it is, we're going home. If not, I'll let him finish the meet, congratulate his win, and then take him home and spank him.

He's ignored his grounding, which makes this "extreme" (though I personally wouldn't have grounded a kid who is on a team from participating in a meet for that team--he'd have gone to the meet and straight home, without a spanking, or a need to sneak out if he'd been mine--but that's what the scenario says happened).

And if I had, indeed, grounded him and he'd sneaked out, it would be a very thorough spanking.

3 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Obviously swimming in his swim meet is a good reason for Taylor to ignore a grounding and an even better reason NOT to use grounding as punishment!

I will inform Taylor that grounding is now off the table but there will be no punishment for his transgression, after all he did WIN!!!

Iconoclast

4 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:16 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I agree with Icono except I wouldn't neccesarily take grounding off the table.

I also agree with Kier that the punishment should not have excluded a team commitment.

5 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:30 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think I should have opted for spanking in the first place. After the meet, I'm going to dry him off and even him up.

Kat

6 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:23 am

ivor

Marshall
He was grounded which was the punishment we'd agreed on. He decided to unground himself and go do what he wanted, thereby nullifying the punishment.

When we get home he's going to find that his day involves not only swimming but also paddling Shocked

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:54 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
It is extreme because if he ungrounds himself then there is neither spanking or grounding. It is also extreme ecause I believe Tim to be in the house but he wasn't I think Tim just chose the spanking and a bad one too

8 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:01 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Ditto Ivor.

Although for me organised school/sporting activities would have been exempted from routine grounding restrictions.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:42 am

Jack

Admin
This doesn't say how old Taylor actually is (just that we switched spanking and grounding when he turned 14, but not how long ago that was). However, it seems to me that, whatever his age, Taylor has shown more maturity than me, by understanding that he made a commitment to the school, that every meet is important, and that he should always fulfill his commitments whenever possible.

That doesn't excuse his leaving the house like this, but it should make me stop and re-think.

I'm going to have him fetch the paddle, then we'll discuss future occasions, and I'll let him chose between the paddle or a couple of extra days tacked onto the end of his sentence.

10 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:32 am

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto jack..,,...

Hugs kal

11 Re: BOTD 02-25-2016 Grounded but All Wet? on Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:39 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
I had explained to the coach that Taylor would not be going today. The only thing that will save Taylor's rear is if he had received a desperate call from the coach asking him to step in at the last moment because of another cry-off for this minor meet.

I'm off to chat to the coach...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum