a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 2/28/16 "School Pictures" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
SCHOOL PICTURES
A DMK Production

Your eleven year old son, Tate, is in the fifth grade at a school that utilizes corporal punishment provided parental permission is given for each instance.  Today, Tate has brought home a form for you to sign.  It is a notice that Tate is supposed to receive two paddle swats the next day. The form is attached to some proofs of the recent school pictures.

This is the individual picture of Tate that you and your spouse particularly like and will order several copies of:

TATE - 11

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
That picture is not the issue.  The problem is found in ALL three takes of the class composite. In each take Tate is in the back row and is making "bunny ears" with both hands behind the heads of the two classmates in front of him. (Either the photographer didn't notice or didn't care.)The notice indicates that Tate "ruined" the class photo and a re-shoot will be necessary.  Tate says it was just a funny joke and is no big deal.

Do you sign the form?  Do you punish Tate as well?  Something else?

Jack

Admin
I would remind him that there are times for playing around and times not to be. Every kids' parents want these kind of pictures for memories, and they hope the pictures are nice - rabbit ears not required.

I'm not going to punish him further, but I will give my permission.

John Boy

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I would remind him that there are times for playing around and times not to be.  Every kids' parents want these kind of pictures for memories, and they hope the pictures are nice - rabbit ears not required.

I'm not going to punish him further, but I will give my permission.
I think I can ditto that.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Padraig

Trailboss
30 seconds of photoshop to solve the problem.

Anyway, the form will be signed like Jack said.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm not signing the form. I have class pics from my own schooldays with classmates doing similar things and it just adds a bit of extra interest when I reminisce or show them to someone else. Those little things kids do actually make it easier to remember people. They bring a smile.

"Who's that kid making the bunny ears... whose eyes are crossed... whose sticking out his tongue?"

In my opinion, the school administration is humorless and lacks any sense of proportion. Furthermore, if the school considers this sort of minor issue so important, someone from the school should have been watching to make sure it didn't happen. I also wonder why, in this day and age of digital photography, no one checked the images right away. Finally, as Padraig points out, Photoshopping the picture should take care of the problem without any need for a reshoot.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
albino albino

ivor

Marshall
Kat wrote:I'm not signing the form. I have class pics from my own schooldays with classmates doing similar things and it just adds a bit of extra interest when I reminisce or show them to someone else. Those little things kids do actually make it easier to remember people. They bring a smile.

"Who's that kid making the bunny ears... whose eyes are crossed... whose sticking out his tongue?"

In my opinion, the school administration is humorless and lacks any sense of proportion. Furthermore, if the school considers this sort of minor issue so important, someone from the school should have been watching to make sure it didn't happen. I also wonder why, in this day and age of digital photography, no one checked the images right away. Finally, as Padraig points out, Photoshopping the picture should take care of the problem without any need for a reshoot.

Kat

The Attorney for the defence makes some excellent points.

I am sure virtually all of the parents will only be interested in the picture of their own little Willie or Dick.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
It's a school affair but what was the (supposedly) supervising teacher doing at the time?

Tate should have known better and the school is going to extract its pound flesh anyway; so I'll have a smile with him and check whether he prefers me to sign the form or to take the alternative punishment.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
I will sign the form because this does have an impact on the other children in the class. I really don't like the idea of using photoshop or any other system to change what is really a historical document so can understand the school feeling the need for a retake. Otherwise, what other fact might they wish to alter.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
MemoryMan wrote:It's a school affair but what was the (supposedly) supervising teacher doing at the time?

In the US, the teacher is usually part of these group pictures. Some other staff member -- probably an administrator -- should have been present.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
As I imagine I will be charged for the next take and even if not I will sign the form and let school justice take its natural course. 2 licks doesn't seem excessive for this. It is obviously not going to be a big deal for the parents of Tates friends.  If he fouls up the retake I will take care of business myself whatever the school does . Don't elementary schoolers wear socks with their sneakers?

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
squarecutter wrote:Don't elementary schoolers wear socks with their sneakers?

Almost everyone wears socks with their sneakers. Nowadays, most youths choose socks that are cut so they do not appear above the shoes.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie will sign the form... the boy deserves to be punished since he's wasted everyone's time and money.

I shall also assign a monetary punishment as well... this will last longer and perhaps drive the point in about wasting money and all...

"Eee, lad, happens as tha's frittered away a muckle o' good brass and all..."

I think his allowance will be cut by 33% for the rest of the school term.

Stevie...

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

db105

Trailboss
Jack's response works for me. There are good times for joking but at other times it can be obnoxious. It seems his behavior has created inconveniences for many people. Unless he convinces me they were not warned to behave, I'll explain that to Tate and sign the letter. No additional punishment needed. If he says it's not a big deal because it was just a joke, I'll tell him it's no big deal, just a couple of swats and he can go on with his life, hopefully learning a bit from the experience.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum