a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 03-23-2016 Well It was like this, Dad...A Squarecutter Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
WELL, IT WAS LIKE THIS, DAD . . .
A Squarecutter Production

Benjy your 10 year-old, or Benjamin when in trouble, is a good-hearted kid but prone to being cheeky which can land him in hot water occasionally. Today was a case in point. You have just been handed a note from his teacher. She is a lady of certain years not known for her sense of humour. After ticking him off for chatting too much she caught him making Bunny gestures behind her back. Tittering from his classmates hadn't helped!

Problem is though, its his second detention in a fortnight and for similar reasons and you had already warned Benjamin you would take a dim view if it happened again. You paddle or hand spank when necessary but the school doesn't. A dim view means either is likely. When asked for an explanation and without you reading him the note Benjy pulled the  expression seen here and started  . . .

BENJY - 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
"Well, it was like this,  Dad. . . ."

What does Benjy say and can he talk himself out of trouble?

AFinch

Sherrif
Bunny gestures? Talking in class? Hang him from the yardarm!

Seriously, this is hardly the crime of the century. While Benjy needs to learn to behave, and to learn in what settings he can be a clown, I can't see using my hand or a paddle this time. We'll have another chat. And I'll have to think about whether I want Miss Trunchball to be his teacher.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
He need say nothing! It is up to the school, not me!

But I will consider having Benjy moved to another teacher.

Iconoclast

David M. Katz

Marshall
Giving a nod to Kier's answer.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'll listen to his explanation and we'll have a chat (verbal). He is going to have to learn how to cope with all the "Trunchballs" in a position of authority he's going to meet in his life.

The school have dealt with it and it can remain a school matter -- so far

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
This seems like a minor issue to me. He has a detention, which seems like an appropriate response. I do need to follow through at home, but that doesn't necessarily mean I need to pile on punishment. I imagine the giggles of approving classmates encourage his misbehavior. He needs to understand, however, that respect is a two way street: if you expect your teachers to have it for you, you must show it to them. Humorless, elderly teachers may not be his favorite people, but even they deserve respect.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
I'm in agreement with Kat.

The mater has been dealt with at school and needs no further action from me, other than a talk to Benjy to make it clear that his teachers deserve respect even if they may not be to his taste.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
Another one agreeing with Kat. I have the feeling from the look on his face that his explanation will probably result in me finding it difficult to keep a straight face - and there is no way I would be able to punish him after that!

squarecutter

Sherrif
I agree with Pi about the look on his face. He probably told me he was bored and fed up and felt Mrs Whatsit deserved it. The trouble is, a reputation as class clown will do him no good in the long run and will bring him more grief when he gets older.Last warning young man. Let me know if you think you are being treated unfairly. Don't get yourself in trouble again this term or your backside will suffer

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum