a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 4/2/16 "Mime Your Own Business" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
MIME YOUR OWN BUSINESS
A DMK Production

You have a six year old son, Ian.  Ian has just graduated to "real" spankings as punishment.

You and your family recently moved to the city due to a promotion with your employer.  Ian has adapted well to the move and the city and seems to especially enjoy the various mimes who entertain along the city streets.  You and/or your spouse take Ian out daily to walk around the city and to allow him to visit a local city park and playground.  Ian wants to be allowed to go out by himself but you have told him it is too dangerous at his age.

This afternoon you and your spouse are both home but occupied with chores around the apartment.  You all soon realize that Ian is not in the apartment.  Your spouse starts searching the building while you head outside.  Thinking that Ian may have headed to the park you go that route.  You are about to call the police when you see Ian pretending to be a mime and he is "entertaining" a small group of people.

IAN - 6
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
(The tall building in the background is your apartment building.)

You are able to take Ian aside and, after hugging him to death, you ask why he is out of the apartment by himself.  Ian says he noticed you and your spouse were busy and he wanted to go exploring and to the park.  Ian says he was careful and he could see the apartment building so he knew where he was.

What happens to Ian?

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
We go to the ice cream shoppe and let him spend his first SELF EARNED CASH! Later we have to deal with the safety issue.

Aside: For several years -- probably about eight -- there was this kid in Central Park, NYC being a street performer.  I spoke with him once and he was interested in doing juggling and the like.  He did tricks and collected $$$ like the older guys.  He was not any older than eight when he started.  Never seem to be with anyone but they could have been nearby keeping watch.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Looking at the actual numbers Ian is in more danger of being struck by lightning then being kidnapped!

The "danger" is mainly in the minds of adults, no matter what anyone might say!

Other then getting Ian a cell phone, I will do nothing!

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree that the dangers of kidnapping are widely, and wildly, overblown, being a product of the 24 hour "news" industry.

However....

He's six. He's in a big city. He was specifically told no and why not. He did it anyway. In today's world, I am subject to being arrested for "child neglect" because he was outside alone. He's in trouble, and will get an ear burning and a deluxe, but age appropriate, spanking. City streets are too dangerous for six year olds alone, and not just because of potentially kidnappers.

ivor

Marshall
Ian appears to be displaying a considerable degree of both independence and common sense in that he knew where he was in relation to home.

I'm inclined to burn his ears rather than his butt.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
At 6yo I took myself to and from school and ditto my kids.

I doubt he was in much danger, certainly less than the press and the safety psycho's would have us believe.  

Certainly after having played 'spot the minder' on encountering begging/performing street kids on my travels I would be loth to approach one except to drop a coin in the hat.

Having said that even though he has displayed an admirable degree of common sense he has disobeyed me and its time to hone my age appropriate spanking technique.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm afraid the disobedience rather than the safety question is what I have to address. I may accomplish as much with a couple of swats as I do with a harsh spanking. Considering that Ian seems to have some common sense, I need to re-evaluate his boundaries.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
It wont be deluxe but Ian has disobeyed and will get an age appropriate spanking. after his Mom has probably hugged him half to death. I have to somehow get it across to Ian that what he did was not only disobedient and there was an element of danger. It doesn't happen often but kids have been whisked off in crowds in plain sight and our hearts went through the floor when he disappeared. His lack of understanding saves him the deluxe version.

kalico

Sherrif
He is getting an age appropriate deluxe for the disobedience ... Six is way to young to be out like that in the city alone.....

Hugs kal

Pi Beta

Deputy
I don't think a spanking is going to be effective here. I think we're going to have a deep discussion about why we were worried and why it isn't safe for him to be out, performing, on his own.

I'm going to get a tracking device that I can attach to his wrist or ankle, however.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
I applaud Ian's desire to be a good capitalist...

He won't earn much money as a mime, so I will loan him the money to buy a nice carton of Bryant and May matches so he can sell them on the street. I'll only charge him 50% of his profits as interest for the loan...

David M. Katz

Marshall
StevieWeeks wrote:I applaud Ian's desire to be a good capitalist...

He won't earn much money as a mime, so I will loan him the money to buy a nice carton of Bryant and May matches so he can sell them on the street. I'll only charge him 50% of his profits as interest for the loan...

Not sure, Stevie.  Perhaps apples would be the better product?

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum