Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

11 April 2016 - Exploring

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:51 pm

Jack

Admin
Your two sons, Sam and Adam are 10 and 8. Each of them is spanked as required.

You've recently bought some property outside of town, in your east Central Texas area, which will give you an escape during summer vacation and isn't too far from a lake. It's nice so far, and you're doing some work on the home to have it ready before vacation arrives.

You've checked the area and set some limits for the boys. They do the chores you've ask of them, and then ask if they can go exploring. You remind them of their limits, then let them go.

About 90 minutes later, it's nearly lunch time, so you go after them. You find them like this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

They were specifically told to avoid that old shack, not just because it doesn't look sturdy (you have someone coming out this week to tear it down, as a matter of fact), but because it looks like a perfect habitat for brown recluse spiders.

When you remind them of this, Sam pointedly tells you that you're too far east to be in the recluses range, and anyway, they aren't that close to the shack.

So, is it time for some hot dogs or hot buns?

2 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:30 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
"Avoid that shack" would have different meaning to them and I can see wht they think all is OK. A better explanation then we have hot dogs.

3 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:39 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with Katz. Even as an adult, "avoid that shack" would mean don't go in it--they aren't. If they need to be farther away from it than they are in the photo, that needs to be spelled out. Hot dogs. The only hot buns are the steamed ones the hot dogs go in.

4 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:56 pm

Pi Beta

Deputy
They are naturally curious - especially having been told to avoid the shack - but seem to have obeyed my injunction - just not quite as I meant it. If I'd not wanted them to go that close, I should have been more specific.

They're safe - though if they have been out in the sun for 90 minutes, they could well be red elsewhere though luckily it looks as though the weather is overcast.

5 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:00 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
As far as I see they ARE avoiding the shack, which is surprising as their curiosity would naturally be aroused by my prohibition! If I wanted them to explore the shack telling them to avoid it would be the best inducement! I think I will reconsider tearing it down until I can look at it closer.

Iconoclast

6 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
K Club.

Kat

7 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:16 am

ivor

Marshall
Consensus maintained, especially as by the looks of them they haven't been in the shack.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:06 am

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
It is time for some teaching research.  We go look up the spider's range on the web making sure that we are using authoritative sources.  From what I just checked out, young Sam is wrong.  But we also have to expand the teaching lesson to include the habit preferences for an abandoned shack is not the only possible place.  Finally, what to do should one get bitten.

There are also other dangers to be concerned about which should be discussed both shaky old shacks and various fauna and flora.

Now we are all hungry, so where are those hot dogs?

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

9 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:11 am

ivor

Marshall
YLC - aren't we lucky nowadays? It would have been so much harder years ago to check out a spider's range without the web Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

10 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:13 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
ivor wrote:YLC - aren't we lucky nowadays? It would have been so much harder years ago to check out a spider's range without the web Smile
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Kat

11 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:52 am

kalico

Sherrif
I'm dittoing the general consensus

Hugs kal

12 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:09 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Think the boys are about as close as they dared. I think they are clear of any danger should the shack immediately go down in a heap.I could look in their eyes and ask if they went inside. One of them might give it away. And I want them to show me why they think we are too far as to be in danger from those spiders. Otherwise time for hotdogs

13 Re: 11 April 2016 - Exploring Today at 6:02 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum