a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 05-15-2016 Brett the Brat - A Memory Man Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Brett the Brat
A Memory Man Production

You work (and live) away from home during much of the week and so have only limited opportunity to bond with your 10yo son Brett. Your spouse is deep in the anti-spanking camp and sadly is also woefully ineffective at disciplining the boy by other means in your absence. Consequently he is getting quite brattish in his behaviour.

A smack from you when he misbehaves brings waves of disapproval and when you went further and actually spanked his bare bottom several months ago it caused such a row that you turned all discipline over to her, effectively walking away from the responsibility. (She's not happy about that either)

This weekend, accompanied one of your friends (who has no qualms about spanking his son) you've taken Brett and his boy on an expedition to a newly created nature reserve along the coastline.

All goes well until you stop by the shore for your lunch pack and the two of you relax whilst the boys play in the water. The boys protest when it is time to go but are overruled and you start to pack up - or at least three of you do. When you turn round you find Brett hasn't moved and he just shakes his head and looks insolently at you when you repeat the instruction.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You have no intention of negotiating with him and even less of threatening to tell his mother in front of your friend and his son.

So how will you "persuade" him?

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
The arrangement is totally flawed!  By withdrawing from responsibility and leaving it in the hand of another who can't/won't do the task has left a power vacuum which the boy has filled.

Options are few.  Tell him he is grounded and/or extra chores and/or lost toys and that it will get worse if his resistance continues.  Could ask other boy to tell him what would happen to if he behaved so badly but that could backfire with Brett boasting "You're not allowed to spank me."

Literally drag him off to the car preferably carried like a sack over my shoulder if I'm big enough.

Y.

P.S.  Have a big fight with wife this evening.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

The Cappadocian

Greenhorn
I find it difficult to see myself not spanking him in this situation, when he so clearly needs it. Perhaps this will cause problems with the wife down the road, but it seems to me that this fight is inevitable anyway. Since Brett's friend is no stranger to spanking, the boys can bond over the collective injustice of adults, and I suspect it won't be the end of the world for Brett as his mother seems to think.

David M. Katz

Marshall
The Cappadocian wrote:I find it difficult to see myself not spanking him in this situation, when he so clearly needs it. Perhaps this will cause problems with the wife down the road, but it seems to me that this fight is inevitable anyway. Since Brett's friend is no stranger to spanking, the boys can bond over the collective injustice of adults, and I suspect it won't be the end of the world for Brett as his mother seems to think.

DITTO to this

ivor

Marshall
Can I pre-empt Sir Em's reply?

Apart from walking off and leaving him there, which I have to say is a rather tempting option, I think the answer is to go over and drag him to his feet. Then he can be encouraged on his way by the delivery of smacks to his butt while he runs in little circles round me trying to avoid them.

Last edited by ivor on Sun May 15, 2016 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
I'm going to whack him!

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with the rest. Of course, that could also end with seeing Em's divorce lawyer.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
YLC has hit the nail on the head. Abdicating my own parental responsibility was a huge mistake. If my spouse is against cp, which is not an unreasonable position, then I should have worked with her to create an effective, consistent discipline plan. Effective parenting without spanking is possible, just as ineffective parenting can include spanking.

As things stand, my response to the immediate situation must be reactive and very unlikely to contribute to Brett's welfare. Regardless of how I address the current situation, I'd better get together with Wifey and figure out what we're going to do. If we're not up to the task, we'd better seek outside assistance for Brett's sake.

I think the best thing in the circs is to be honest with Brett: "Son, you are acting like a spoiled brat. You are embarrassing yourself, and you are embarrassing me. You have five seconds to come with me voluntarily. Otherwise, I'll remove you bodily; and if I have to do that, you will face unpleasant consequences in addition to the humiliation of being carried out like a toddler having a tantrum."

My best guess is he will grudgingly come out of the water, but if he doesn't, I will remove him. I'll decide on the actual consequences after discussion with Wifey. In the future, however, Brett will know exactly where he stands if he misbehaves.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
I may have thought I'd turned this over to his mother. I think I will see if a few stingers on the back of his legs will get him moving or if he prefers to be led back to the car by the ear and his feet only just touching the ground. I doubt he will want to tell his mother. I have no qualms about embarrassing Brett in front of another child. Self esteem is in a bratty kid is overrated in my view .

pushkin

Cowboy
I don't often lose my temper but in this instance I am going to use my superior strength (assuming Brett hasn't already exercised his superior speed) to boyhandle him back to the car.  I suspect that when we get home and my wife learns the full facts she will approve of my action and will even feel some relief that I have decided to resume my rightful position as the Man of the House.  Neither of us has seen anything yet of what Bigfeet Brett the Brat will be capable of as he grows older unless he is taken firmly in hand.....

This incident could even cause my Bestbeloved to revise her stance on CP and we will all benefit, especially the Brat, since he has clearly been playing us off against each other.

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto Katz......

Hugs kal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum