You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 05-18-2016 Cover Up - AN Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 05-18-2016 Cover Up - AN Ivor Production on Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Cover Up
An Ivor Production

You are a Housemaster at a Boys Boarding School. It is sunny Saturday afternoon in summer and most boys are out on the playing fields. You decide to go for a walk and see how the first team are getting on in their match.

On your way you happen to see 15 year old Robert Helford sitting against a wall reading a book. He would normally be among those playing but currently has a hamstring problem which means he can't play. You walk over to talk to him and as you draw near spot by the cover that the book is on the school's banned list. Personally you do not think this particular book should be banned although you do agree with the banned list in principle.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Do you now:

a) Pretend that you haven't noticed.

b) Simply confiscate it.

c) Confiscate it and tell him to report to you later for a paddling.

d) Confiscate it and hand it to the Head/Principal which is what you should do. This will inevitably result in Robert receiving a bare bottom/butt caning or padding

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
B. I'm taking the book and telling him he can pick it up on the last day of term. I will tell him the next time I will be paddling his butt

squarecutter

Sherrif
I will take it and tell him he can collect t the end of term and that I wont cover for him again

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Because I swore to support the constitution, which includes freedom of speech and the press I will simply pretend I did not see the book!

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm presuming this is UK, so the constitution doesn't apply.

If I disagree with the book's inclusion on the "banned list" (and in this case, like Icono, I disagree with the very concept of a banned list), I'm going to pretend I didn't notice.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
What banned book?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Hamstring injury?  I will suggest massage.  Wink

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think what I'd do is make a point of not noticing but at the same time saying something like, "Is that a good book, Helford? I didn't notice the title, but I assume it was harmless, as reading banned material in public areas is just asking for trouble. If someone in authority should happen along and notice, it would mean a caning (or paddling). Discretion is always a good idea, don't you think, Helford?" *wink wink nudge nudge* Unless he's an idiot, he'll get that book out of sight.

Kat

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
If he's not in my House, I'll chat with him and choose not to mention the book.

If he's in my House, I will refer to the book and the fact that it is on the banned list and ask him if he knows why - then ask him his opinion of how much he has read so far. I'll be interested to know whether he is finding it a good read or whether he's reading it just because it is banned. Whichever, I'm going to tell him that if he wants to finish reading it, I'll want him to write me a 500 word critique of the book and about whether he thinks there is just reason for the school to ban it, If he doesn't want to finish it, he can just give it to me, with no further action on my part. I might try reading it myself just to see what I think of it!

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum