a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 6/4/16 "Is This Time Different?" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
IS THIS TIME DIFFERENT?
A DMK Production

You have two sons.  Ashton just turned fifteen and Archie has just turned twelve.  The boys get along relatively well but are totally different.  Ashton is quite and reserved and prefers to be to himself while Archie is rowdy and fun-loving and curious.

ASHTON - 15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

ARCHIE - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Ashton keeps a journal and he keeps it put away in his room.  Being a curious boy, Archie has twice before gone in his brother's room and ended up reading Ashton's journal. The first time Archie was warned and on the second time he was given a spanking.

Today Archie comes to you and he is looking very distressed.  Ashton is not home. You then see that Archie is holding Ashton's journal. You are about to light into your younger son when he interrupts you and says he knows he wasn't supposed to but there are some things you need to know.  You insist that the journal is Ashton's very personal property and there is nothing you need to know.  You then tell Archie he is in for a spanking.  Archie interrupts again and then blurts out the information.

Ashton has written about recent marijuana use and has also written about a scare where Ashton thought his girlfriend was pregnant.

Is this time's invasion of privacy by Archie looked at differently considering the circumstances?

Do you confront Ashton in any way?  If so, what happens and how do you tell Ashton how you found out?

Pi Beta

Deputy
I'm not sure that my immediate reaction would be my considered one given time to think.

My immediate reaction is that the only way I can confront Ashton is if I've found Archie reading his diary. Therefore I must spank Archie for his invasion of privacy and then be able to say he blurted it out and I couldn't ignore it. I can't ignore what Archie has told me and live with myself.

That said, I'll be a bit easier on Archie than I might have been.

kalico

Sherrif
my first thought is that it was just a prank for Archie due to him reading what he is not suppose to (me and my best friend did this to her sister).

as for Archie he will be getting the promised spanking after he puts the diary back then when his brother comes home he will confess what he read and told me (I will be watching Ashton very carefully to see if he gives something away if not then ill be keeping a very close eye)
I will inform him that his brother has already been punished.....

hugs kal

AFinch

Sherrif
Archie is easy. He was told to respect his brother's privacy and stay out of his things. He disobeyed. He's getting spanked, and it will be an upgraded spanking since it's a repeat performance. It doesn't matter that the information he found is important for me to know about--it doesn't mitigate the misbehavior. If I were, God forbid, an attorney, it would be "fruit of the poisoned tree".

Ashton is more difficult. When I interviewed patients, and explained confidentiality, it was with the caveat that anything I was told was between us and would stay between us so long as there was no danger to the patient or others. In this case, assuming that the information in the diary is true, and not a red herring for little brother's benefit, he's putting himself and others in danger. I can't just look the other way.

I'm going to confront Ash privately, and not angrily. I'm going to tell him how I found out, and let him know that his little brother has already been dealt with. I'm going to tell him I'm not going to let him hurt himself. He'll be drug tested, admission or not. Whether an impartial third party professional needs to be involved will depend upon his response. Either way, he's going to be on a tight leash for a while.

ivor

Marshall
I'm going to line up behind Kier.

Archie did what he was told not to and is going to be spanked. I don't think I'll go for an upgrade though because of what has been revealed, albeit only in an attempt to escape from the promised spanking.

Ashton and I need to have a serious conversation. Unless the previous time Archie spied was very recent I can't believe that what he has written in his diary was false and just to shock his little brother in the hope that he would blurt it out to me. It is much more likely to be true.

Spanking won't contribute anything to the resolution of his apparent problems.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm broadly in line with Ivor & Kier.

Archie will be spanked, and spanked hard, but I'll also warn him that if he breathes a word to anybody about this he'll be upgraded to the strop and that Ashton will be the one swinging it.

I'll steer clear of a knee jerk reaction and before confronting Ashton I'll do some reading back in his journal to try to ascertain whether this was a one off experiment with drugs and what he thought of it.  

If it appears so I'll abort the confrontation and not mention the violation of his privacy, instead I'll keep a very close eye on him (and his journal)

I'll also contrive to engineer an opportunity (since he's now fifteen) to have the talk about girl friends and unprotected sex with him.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm pretty much in line with Kier.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
The fact that the discovery was of the nature it was will not mitigate Archie's spanking. I will make sure I explain that to him and why before I wear him out.

As far as Ashton, I think honesty is best. I will tell him what happened and what I was told and I will also tell him his brother has been dealt with. I will give Ashton a chance to explain himself. I hope it is a red herring but I sort of doubt it.

As far as the drug use, my actions will be based a lot on what Ashton says. My response could range anywhere from a warning and lecture to in-patient treatment. It all depends on the nature of the use. Ashton is going to be subject to some drug testing for a while.

As far as the pregnancy scare, we need to talk about safe sex and protection. (Have we not done this?) If he needs my help procuring the protection then I will oblige.

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
I generally agree with the consensus but would like to add a thought or two.

One must also consider that the talk of MJ and pregnancy might have been Ashton's own fantasies rather than reality.

Because Archie is a problem, Ashton needs to be able to have secure place for his journal.  Perhaps just one with a lock?  Perhaps a bag that can be locked?  The boy needs his private space and some control about when to confide in me.

I disagree about the "fruit of the poisoned tree" as Archie is not my agent but independent in this case.  That, however, does stop the need for serious talks and perhaps more with Ashton.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Jack

Admin
From my understanding, Y Lee is right on this one. This is an independent citizen bringing you information, not you seeking it out (also, as his parent, you have complete access to Ashton's stuff legally, whatever your moral feelings on the issue might be).

To me, the real issue is Archie's behavior. My first thought was the hairbrush. On second consideration, Archie could have kept this secret and escaped with no spanking at all. He feels like his brother is in danger, so he revealed his actions to me. That deserves some consideration. Archie and I are going to have a talk, I'll tell him my original intention of a brush spanking, but he'll get a deluxe session with the Tailblazer instead. He'll also get a huge hug, and a congratulations for putting his brother's welfare above his own.

As for Ashton, he and I are going to get a long talk. I'll remind him of our previous talks, and of the fact that I'll provide protection, but even protection isn't 100%. I'll remind him of all my parents sacrificed by being teen parents, the negative effects it had on me, and that you're taking a chance of becoming a parent every time a male and female have intercourse. As for the weed, that's not as big a deal to me, except for the legal aspects. I'll simply tell him that if we have to pay any tickets, we'll pay for them by shutting off his phone long enough to balance the cost.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:From my understanding, Y Lee is right on this one.  This is an independent citizen bringing you information, not you seeking it out (also, as his parent, you have complete access to Ashton's stuff legally, whatever your moral feelings on the issue might be).

To me, the real issue is Archie's behavior.  My first thought was the hairbrush.  On second consideration, Archie could have kept this secret and escaped with no spanking at all.  He feels like his brother is in danger, so he revealed his actions to me.  That deserves some consideration.  Archie and I are going to have a talk, I'll tell him my original intention of a brush spanking, but he'll get a deluxe session with the Tailblazer instead.  He'll also get a huge hug, and a congratulations for putting his brother's welfare above his own.

As for Ashton, he and I are going to get a long talk.  I'll remind him of our previous talks, and of the fact that I'll provide protection, but even protection isn't 100%.  I'll remind him of all my parents sacrificed by being teen parents, the negative effects it had on me, and that you're taking a chance of becoming a parent every time a male and female have intercourse.  As for the weed, that's not as big a deal to me, except for the legal aspects.  I'll simply tell him that if we have to pay any tickets, we'll pay for them by shutting off his phone long enough to balance the cost.

Jack you cover it very well. I do want to know why Archie feels the need to look at his brothers diary even after being spanked for it and he will not be getting a freepass this time. Did Archie know Ashton was having issues after the other times he looked. May be Ashton will need a lockable box

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum