You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Which boy is yours?
A Jack Production

Three teenage boys got lost in a labyrinthine abandoned iron mine in southeastern Wisconsin for hours, spending the night huddled together against the cold before rescuers found them alive and safe Monday afternoon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
From left, Zachary, Tate and Samuel

The boys — Tate and Zachary, both 16, and 15-year-old Samuel were reported missing about 9:45 p.m. Sunday, authorities said at a news conference. Around 2 a.m. Monday, police found their bikes off a road near an entrance to the mine, Dodge County Sheriff Dale Schmidt said.

The group had decided to explore the mine on Sunday afternoon but gotten lost in the tunnels. They walked in circles until their cellphone lights died. They then decided to sleep, huddling together for warmth.

Which boy is yours and will you be helping out with the warmth?

2 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:46 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
First I'm going to hug them to death.

Whether I do anything else to contribute to warmth will depend on how shaken they are by the ordeal.  At 15-16, they ought to be old enough to realize how close they came to ending up dead, and how much trouble and worry they caused for parents and police.  If they maintain it's "no big deal", they're getting switched.  If they get the reality of the situation, I don't think any further punishment is required.

Last edited by AFinch on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

3 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:31 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
Hugs for sure but not to death.

After their ordeal any spanking seems quite redundant.

Obviously the mine was NOT sealed so a suit is appropriate for such an attractive nuance.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

4 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:57 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
K's = 2/3

5 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:40 am

ivor

Marshall
Pretty dumb of them it has to be said, but no real harm has been done although a lot of money has been spent in searching for them.

Am thus inclined to take the Kier route.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:12 am

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
If my kid is so interested in mines, I'll put him to use in one where he can earn threepence a day and all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Stevie...

7 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:53 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Samuel is mine. I can't imagine any of the boys thinking this was no big deal, though I'm sure with their friends, they'll be full of bravado (once the shock of the experience has worn off). On that basis, I'll go with the K Club.

Kat

8 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:37 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
The situation they got into outweighs any kind of parental punishment or thelesson they could learn from it.. Zach like the others I imagine will be hugged to death and put to bed like a baby boy. We will review what happened, there may or may not be a lecture but there will be no punishment. He and his pals have had all that

9 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:Samuel is mine.

That's funny... I would have sworn Samuel was mine. Bryan's not going to be jealous, is he? Embarassed

Anyway, I have to admit to being really torn on this, especially as the scenario is written.

I know without a shadow of a doubt, that I would have done this same thing at this age. I like to think I would have been a bit more prepared, but who knows for sure. Considering that caves are always cool, and that they were stuck their overnight, I'm tempted to say the scare is lesson enough.

One thing that was left out of the scenario, when it was re-written, is that there were a number of no trespassing signs in the area, which the boys ignored. With that fact included, while I doubt I'd switch him, he'd definitely be going to bed with a sore bottom. Without that warning... I think it ultimately depends on Sam's reaction. I'm probably going to tell him he's going over my lap for a session with the brush, but I'm willing to let him talk me out of it.

10 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:38 pm

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Tate is mine - but they are all equal.

Admonishment but no punishment for them. Whatever their outward attitude once safe, they have had the fright of their lives and hopefully their experience has shocked some sense into them.

They were silly to explore there without proper preparation - but again how many adults walk away free after finding themselves needing to call out the various emergency services on account of their own stupidity?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

11 Re: BOTD 07-13-2016 Which boy is yours? on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Mine will not be punished this time, but I am very unhappy they entered the mine without suitable preparation.

Therefore, on threat of spanking, they are forbidden hereafter, to leave the house without the following on their persons:

A camping knife with tools
3 LED lights with long life settings
a compass
a cell phone or other 2-way radio
a spare battery for the cell phone
pen and paper, pocket size
a small radio preferably AM/FM with weather band

and if they plan to do any cave or mine exploring also add:

first aid kit
50 or more feet of 3000 pound line (safe for a 300 pound person)
other climbing equipment
chalk or other markers
suitable footwear
lite warm clothing to put on if cold
spare batteries
a canteen and food

Of coarse all teenagers know to rotate or bypass any no-trespassing signs so they can claim NOT to have seen them!

Iconoclast

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum