Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:27 pm

Jack

Admin
Because you often have a bunch of boys at your house, you have pretty strict rules about using the pool. You relax the rules when there are only a few people around, but you're still pretty strict on a few of them. Depending on the situation, violations of the rules usually get a warning, but quickly escalate to sitting out or even a sore backside.

Today has been mostly family, so it's been pretty quiet. However, your youngest son, Kenny (11), keeps pushing things, and now you've caught him

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Cannonballing is acceptable as long as it's not crowded, and the cannonballer is sure he's not jumping near/on someone. However, you can clearly see

When you call him off, Kenny doesn't stop, though he does alter trajectory a bit and miss the dogs.

Besides not stopping when you called him, he's already sat out fifteen minutes earlier this week (four days ago). Does he get a longer sit out this time, or will he be able to sit at all?

2 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:33 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
It's Texas in summertime. According to Weather Underground, it feels like 106 currently (and probably hotter earlier in the day). The logical consequence of pool misbehavior is Kenny's out of the pool the rest of the day.

As an 11 year old, I'm not sure jumping near the dogs is jumping near/on SOMEONE. I'd personally be inclined towards a final warning, but I'm a pushover.

3 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:53 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Kenny at the water park after being forbidden to swim at home...

4 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:35 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:It's Texas in summertime.  According to Weather Underground, it feels like 106 currently (and probably hotter earlier in the day).  The logical consequence of pool misbehavior is Kenny's out of the pool the rest of the day.

As an 11 year old, I'm not sure jumping near the dogs is jumping near/on SOMEONE.  I'd personally be inclined towards a final warning, but I'm a pushover.

I am leaning this way as well.

5 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:02 am

ivor

Marshall
I can see that in kid think 'someone' doesn't equate to a dog, but on some ways to me cannonballing them is even worse as they can neither retaliate or complain.

In this heat though Kenny is likely to rue being banned from the pool for a day or two more than he will a sore backside, although I think a couple of stingoors on his wet butt won't go amiss.....

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:00 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Is it possible that stopping would have been difficult -- a bit like deciding to cruise through an intersection when the light is about to change because a stop would mean hard braking? I'll give him the benefit of the doubt if there is any doubt, meaning one last warning. If he has clearly disobeyed me, he can have a choice of sitting out the day or getting a short poolside spanking on his wet bottom. I need him to see that high spirits are not an excuse for disregarding safety rules, let alone a direct command to stop.

Kat

7 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:00 pm

kalico

Sherrif
I'm leaning to agree with Kat....

I'm thinking some stingors are in order though to know that he's headed for the real deal if he doesn't slow down and follow the pool rules...

Hugs kal

8 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:18 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
Was this bases on RL?

What happened scratch ?

Smile

Leti

9 Re: 8 + 8 = (20)16: Rules of the Pool on Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:23 am

Jack

Admin
LLALVA wrote:Was this bases on RL?

What happened  scratch ?

It was sort of based on real life, except Spin (Colt's half-Irish setter/half-Lab) dive bombed Kenny. Since I can't exactly spank Spin, I reversed it for the BOTD.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum