a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 08-16-2016 A Good Licking - An Ivor Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
A Good Licking
An Ivor Production

You are the VP at a High School where paddling is utilised. Thus you are the one who delivers licks to students when required.

School policy is though that for most cases a boy is given detention for a first offence and paddling is only used for subsequent occasions.

You are also on the roster for supervising detentions and today is one of your days. Earlier you received from the Secretary the list of those in detention and noted there is just one name - Callum Underhay - a 14 year old Freshman, who has been assigned detention for eating sweets in English class.

On the way to the room assigned for detention you are intercepted by another teacher and thus arrive a few minutes late. Students assigned detention know that they should sit at a desk and study or read for the hour involved.

On opening the door you see:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Is Callum about to find that licking is not always a pleasurable experience?

Jack

Admin
How do I 'know' that every student knows what they're supposed to do? How does he know his detention had started when there was no one there to supervise?

I'm going to tell him to put the sucker away, sit in his chair correctly, and get his work done. Before he leaves, we'll talk in more detail, and the paddle will be mentioned as a future possibility.

AFinch

Sherrif
Ditto Jack.

kalico

Sherrif
Dittoing jack also.....

Hugs kal

David M. Katz

Marshall
In my opinion, this whole thing could have been avoided.  I suppose I need more info but I have a problem with a teacher giving detention for eating in class. (Yes, I know why such a rule would be needed.)  Did the teacher give Callum any sort of warnings or was a request first made to put away the food?  I will ask the teacher why s/he didn't first say, "Callum, remember the rule about food in class, please put that away."

So, OK, we are here now.

I will say, "Callum, that sort of thing is what landed you here in the first place so save the lollipop for home and let's get to work." I also think Jack and company have raised a good point about Callum's understanding of the rules of detention.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I suppose there is a slim possibility that Callum doesn't know the rules for detention even though he has probably had detention before or had friends who had detention and told him what to expect. In any case, he surely is aware that eating in the classrooms is against the rules. After all, that's why he's in detention.

He can serve another detention or he can spend this one sitting on a stinging backside. Maybe I'll make him a special offer: 3 licks in lieu of both detentions or 2 licks in lieu of a second detention.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
Its not for me to second guess the teacher who dished out the detention.It was given and presumably accepted. I might also think Callum might know that eating a lollipop was not going to allowed during detention so I think a further reminder as Jack says of what got Callum in this position is in order and a warning that he and paddle will be meeting very soon if he doesn't start to comply very quickly

ivor

Marshall
Kat wrote:I suppose there is a slim possibility that Callum doesn't know the rules for detention even though he has probably had detention before or had friends who had detention and told him what to expect. In any case, he surely is aware that eating in the classrooms is against the rules. After all, that's why he's in detention.

He can serve another detention or he can spend this one sitting on a stinging backside. Maybe I'll make him a special offer: 3 licks in lieu of both detentions or 2 licks in lieu of a second detention.

Kat

Thank you Kat!

I rather thought from the first three responses that Icono had taken over everyone's computer Smile

As has been said before, a BOTD scenario isn't going to cover everything, otherwise it would be a story.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Pi Beta

Deputy
Right young man. Since you clearly think that detention doesn't start until I arrive, that is as it shall be; the time starts as soon as you put that sweet in the bin and sit down properly. However, if you would prefer, we can deal with the whole episode in a couple of minutes in my office with three licks of my paddle. The choice is yours.

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:
Kat wrote:I suppose there is a slim possibility that Callum doesn't know the rules for detention even though he has probably had detention before or had friends who had detention and told him what to expect. In any case, he surely is aware that eating in the classrooms is against the rules. After all, that's why he's in detention.

Kat

Thank you Kat!

I rather thought from the first three responses that Icono had taken over everyone's computer Smile

As has been said before, a BOTD scenario isn't going to cover everything, otherwise it would be a story.

I have no problem with the original detention. As a matter of fact, when I was in school (and quite a while after) if you were caught chewing gum, it was automatic swats. I just have problems with assuming that everyone knows the unwritten rules. Kat does have a point about him eating in the classroom again, though.

ivor

Marshall
Jack wrote:
ivor wrote:

Kat

Thank you Kat!

I have no problem with the original detention.  As a matter of fact, when I was in school (and quite a while after) if you were caught chewing gum, it was automatic swats.  I just have problems with assuming that everyone knows the unwritten rules.  Kat does have a point about him eating in the classroom again, though.

But is there anything in the scenario to say the rules are unwritten?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum