a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 8/20/16 "Bedtime Battles" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
BEDTIME BATTLES
A DMK Production

You have two sons and both are subject to spanking.  Carter is eight and Clinton is thirteen.  Carter is always pushing boundaries and often needs several warnings and sometimes even a spanking to bring him in line.  Carter is boisterous and very active.  Clinton is basically a compliant boy and rarely gives you any trouble.  Usually a verbal warning will redirect Clinton the first time and spankings for him are rare.  Clinton is quiet and reserved.

School started this week and the boys returned to their regular bed time routines.  In order to get the sleep they need, Carter's bedtime is 8:30 and Clinton's is 10:00.  Carter has fought you every evening on getting ready for bed and going to bed.  He has had several warnings about bed time.  Clinton gets himself ready and goes to bed on time with no prompting from you or your spouse.  

Tonight was another battle with Carter but you think you finally have him settled and asleep.  You hear growling noises from Carter's room and go check and see:

CARTER - 8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That is the straw that broke the camel's (or maybe dinosaur's) back.  You take Carter's toys, pull his pants down and put him over your knee and give him a sound spanking.  Carter goes to sleep. Cater's spanking was a noisy ordeal and so you are sure Clinton heard it.

A few minutes before 10:00, Clinton says good night and heads off to bed. You and your spouse retire for the evening soon after.

Around 1:00 you head to the kitchen for a bit of milk and you hear some noise from the den.  You look in and see:

CLINTON - 13

Clinton is startled and asks, "What are you doing up?"

You respond, "I was going to ask you the same thing."

Clinton says he couldn't sleep and explains he came to the den to keep from waking anyone up. You are not happy that your oldest son is awake at 1:00am on a school night.  You feel you are at your wit's end over your sons and their bed times.

What happens to Clinton?

Padraig

Trailboss
Nothing, except from going to bed and getting a back rub until he sleeps.

Sleeplessness is no prerogative of adults and the situation is completely different from his brother's. We will talk about better ways to handle it better tomorrow.

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
Since this isn't a regular occurrence, I'm going to accept his answer at face value. If one cannot get to sleep, a few minutes of different activity can be effective in changing the mindset. On returning to bed, he'll probably sleep really well - better than lying in bed worrying about he can't get to sleep!

Jack

Admin
Considering that I've suffered from mid-waking insomnia my entire life, I can't complain about his actions. I'll put him back to bed tonight, and rub his back until he falls asleep. Tomorrow, we'll talk about proper ways to deal with it. I might also experiment with his bedtime and waking time to see how much sleep he actually needs.

AFinch

Sherrif
I agree with everyone else.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
The active ingredients of this are laudanum, alcohol, and treacle...

A couple of tablespoonfuls of it is guaranteed to do the trick...

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Padraig put this very well.

Stevie, I wouldn't use laudanum, but I remember reading the autobiography of a Frenchwoman who describes how the adults in her community gave children a piece of wine-soaked bread to put them to sleep, thus freeing the parents to work in the fields. The wine-soaked bread might work quite well. Twisted Evil

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
We used to use whiskey nipples in the neonatal ICU back in the day. That's frowned upon now.

ivor

Marshall
Basically I'm with everyone else.

Did though think I read somewhere that peanuts are supposed to have a soporific effect so I might try those with Carter, but I don't think I need to try the sexophone with Clinton Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
ivor wrote:Basically I'm with everyone else.

Did though think I read somewhere that peanuts are supposed to have a soporific effect so I might try those with Carter, but I don't think I need to try the sexophone with Clinton Smile

lol!

Kat

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto the general consensus

Hugs kal

squarecutter

Sherrif
Im getting Clinton back to his bed and sleeping on it. No ones getting spanked at 1.00 am. Clinton ill be told the Den is out of bounds at 1.am in future. I will then check up with him on how hes sleeping for few days and see if we need to change anything or what might be troubling him. Yes both boys are a worry, just not the same one

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum