a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 9/3/16 "BFTP - 1965 - In The Bank, UK Version" A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Blast from the Past – 1965 – In the Bank, UK
A Kat Production

You’re the headmaster of a small private school. You mistakenly caned one of your pupils, 14-year-old Malcolm. When you realised the mistake, you called Malcolm in, apologised, and told him that he now he had four strokes on credit.

Malcolm and Maurice - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now Malcolm is before you with his best friend, Maurice. They’ve been caught smoking, an offence for which the tariff is usually six strokes of the cane. You ask Malcolm if he wants to use his credit to reduce his caning to two strokes. He replies that wouldn’t feel right and asks if he can split his credit with Maurice so that each gets four strokes. Otherwise, he’d rather hold onto the credit and take the same punishment as his friend.

Will you agree to his request?

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
There are three possibilities --
1 - Use the credit for himself
2 - Split the credit
3 - Hold the credit for next time

The scenario specifies that Malcolm has the option to use or defer use of the credit without losing it so he is NOT forced to used it meaning option 1 and 3 are certainly permitted.

Malcolm has rejected option 1 (with good reason) so that is off the table.

Option 2 is interesting for it implies that naughty boys' arses are fungible.  If that was the case, then Malcolm would not have the credit while some other lad has avoided punishment.  That has not happened.

The only rational conclusion is a dozen cut for today.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Iconoclast

Trailboss
"Will you agree to his request?"

Answer: Yes.

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
I think Y Lee has this one right.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Would not have arisen under my regime...

I would not give a boy carte blanche to do something naughty even if he did get caned for something he didn't do...

"I'm sure you've done something during the term that would merit four if you'd been caught at it... consider it just payment for something you got away with in the past and all..."

Stevie... Twisted Evil

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
StevieWeeks wrote:"I'm sure you've done something during the term that would merit four if you'd been caught at it... consider it just payment for something you got away with in the past and all..."

Stevie...   Twisted Evil

No

Kat

Eldo

Cowboy
I never cane by mistake. They are always completely intended Twisted Evil

ivor

Marshall
I know how Brainbox would have responded Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I like Eldo's answer best. Sticking to the scenario, though - I think I would allow it. To me, that's the type of brotherly respect one should encourage in one's charges.

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Six each, bare bottom.

Pi Beta

Deputy
He can carry the four strokes forward but I'm amending the rules so that if he does something that deserves a caning, he can remit a maximum of half the punishment from the "owed" strokes. I dpon't think he should be able to avoid a whole punishment!

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Eldo wrote:I never cane by mistake. They are always completely intended Twisted Evil

I meant "mistakenly" in a less literal way, Eldo. I didn't mean to imply the HM was swinging his cane and Malcolm's arse managed to get in the way of it. Rather, I should have said the HM caned him unjustly. But for being such a smartass, you can bend over. Razz

Kat

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Pi Beta wrote:He can carry the four strokes forward but I'm amending the rules so that if he does something that deserves a caning, he can remit a maximum of half the punishment from the "owed" strokes. I dpon't think he should be able to avoid a whole punishment!

Such an amendment would cure Stevie's objection about a carte blanche to misbehave, but is a change at this point fair?

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
No Malcolm can save his credit for another time if he wishes to show solidarity with his friend who as far as I'm concerned will not escape his punishment

Zac

Wrangler
I think I would be rather more generous and less quantitative about this. By this I mean rather match up and reconcile the credits and strokes to be given I would waive the entire caning for both Malcolm and Maurice, or maybe just reduce it to a token stroke for each of them, though it would still be on their record. However, I would make them aware they had completely drained the well of any leniency they could hope for from me for a long time, and if either of them were caught smoking again they should expect more than the minimum tariff as punishment (either more strokes, or guaranteed shorts down or bare bottom).

I was going to add to "or save the credit for another time" but now I think I would not make that and option as it gets that credit out of the way as soon as possible. I also think a reduction from 6 to 4 strokes is rather pathetic use of the credit.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum