Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:09 pm

Jack

Admin
This is your biological son, Hank, with your stepson, Tom.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Both boys are twelve.

Tom has lived with you since you married his mom, but, while you've had visitation with Hank, he only moved in with you recently - not long before school started.

You've had some trouble with Tom over the years.  His biological father has never been in the picture, and the two of you are close, but Hank has had a habit of acting out and being irresponsible at times - definitely a boy to act first and only think as the seventh or eighth action.  That's led to serious trouble a couple of times.

Almost since you became his parent, you've handled discipline for Tom, and it's mostly been by corporal punishment.  Last year, you introduced Tom to the switch, after he was caught shoplifting.  He received the switch again for skipping school.  Both times, he received his age with the switch, but after the second time, you promised to increase that if you needed to use it again.

As for Hank, while you have spanked him a time or two, it's been a rare thing, and you've never found a need to use more than your hand to get his attention.

Today, you were texted that both Hank and Tom weren't at school, and reminded that you needed to call in for an excused absence.  You check at home, and, sure enough, the boys are playing in the backyard.  Tom says it was just too nice a day to go to school, and admits that he talked Hank into staying home with him.

What happens next?

Last edited by Jack on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:08 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
Going to spoil the day for them both with equal treatment.  Their age with the switch.

But some long term consequences -- they both restricted and required to spend time making up what they missed in school with read their texts books and, of course, all their homework.

Y.

P.S. I think 'biological father' should probably be 'his step father'.

Edit: This was corrected but it does not change my answer.

Last edited by Y Lee Coyote on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

3 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:19 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Skipping school is illegal. It's a switching offense, and that's what's going to happen. They're both equally guilty, so it isn't fair to upgrade Tom as a repeat, or downgrade Hank(s).

Age it is. And I'll be keeping a close eye on both of them for the foreseeable future.

4 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:22 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I've switched Tom twice. The switch is a very nasty implement. At what point do I question my methods? I can only escalate this so far before it becomes legally and morally abuse. I'm probably committed to giving Tom a third switching, but after, I'm going to reassess how I'm disciplining. Something isn't working. I'm going along with Y and Kier and limit this to both boys' age.

Kat

5 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:34 am

ivor

Marshall
Like YLC I'm confused.

Hank is said to be your biological son, but then it says that his biological father has never been in the picture scratch

Also, Hank has only moved in 'recently' and you've had to spank him a time or two - but that is also said to be 'a rare thing'. scratch

Sorry, but too much here doesn't add up for me to make a response

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

6 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:11 am

Jack

Admin
ivor wrote:Like YLC I'm confused.

Hank is said to be your biological son, but then it says that his biological father has never been in the picture scratch

Also, Hank has only moved in 'recently' and you've had to spank him a time or two - but that is also said to be 'a rare thing'. scratch

Sorry, but too much here doesn't add up for me to make a response

No, I think you're reading it wrong, Ivor. It says that Tom's biological father has never been in the picture.

Okay, okay - I used the wrong name and just changed it. Embarassed

However, Hank is your biological son, and you've had visitation with him, though he just moved in full time. I think a couple of spankings during visitation can be considered a rare thing (maybe I should have specified that, prior to him moving in, you had him every other weekend, one week at Christmas, a week at either Thanksgiving or Spring Break, and two weeks during the summer, but I thought that was fairly standard, so I didn't specify).

7 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:50 am

ivor

Marshall
Twelve with a switch sounds a lot especially as I'm assuming it was given bare. I can only compare to the cane and there's no way I'd give a 12 year old boy 12 strokes of the cane. On the other hand neither switching nor the threat of more strokes seem to have stopped Tom from taking the day off school. So, it doesn't seem that effective as a punishment.

Also, if Hank has only been spanked is he even aware of the possibility of being switched?

I consider I need to impose another sort of punishment on the pair of them.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:05 am

Pi Beta

Deputy
First I need to know what punishment the school will impose or whether the school is leaving this entirely in my hands.

Assuming I'm in the US, if the school will be paddling them, I'll give them a further paddling either equal to or twice that given by the school, depending upon the school's severity.

There are switches and switches - length/ thickness/suppleness can vary consideraably. I'm not keen on using a switch and think I over-reacted in using one earlier for skipping school, though not for the shop-lifting. I'll stick to paddling since there is no danger of breaking the skiiiin, but it will be severe and they'll have to catch up on any school work missed.

9 Re: 5 Sept 2016 - What's the Difference? on Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:14 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
ivor wrote:Twelve with a switch sounds a lot especially as I'm assuming it was given bare. I can only compare to the cane and there's no way I'd give a 12 year old boy 12 strokes of the cane. On the other hand neither switching nor the threat of more strokes seem to have stopped Tom from taking the day off school. So, it doesn't seem that effective as a punishment.

Also, if Hank has only been spanked is he even aware of the possibility of being switched?

I consider I need to impose another sort of punishment on the pair of them.

Agreed

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum