a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 09-08-2016 Oliver and Oscar Overheard - A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Oliver and Oscar Overheard
A Kat Production

Your sons (Oliver, age 13, and Oscar, age 15) share a room. You don’t mean to eavesdrop when you hear their raised voices behind the closed bedroom door, but sometimes the temptation is too hard to resist!

Oliver (sounding scared): Don’t tell Dad… please, Oscar!

Oscar: Oh, for God’s sake, Ollie. Why do you have to be such a baby about everything? Look, I’m not going to tell him, but he’s bound to find out; and when he does, I’m not taking the blame.

Oliver: But he’ll whup me!

Oscar (more gently now that Oscar is crying): It’s better if you tell him yourself, Ollie. Okay, he’ll tear your ass up, but that’s not the end of the world. He’ll be a lot madder if he finds out later on.

Oscar - 15 & Oliver - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What, if anything, are you going to do about this overheard conversation?

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
What I should do is to have a good long deep think about why my sons are so scared of my punishments.  Hopefully, I will change my horrid ways.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

AFinch

Sherrif
Y Lee: I don't think a 13 year old being scared of getting punished, no matter what the punishment is, means that I need to "change my horrid ways". I was terrified of getting spanked as a kid, and the spankings I got barely qualify as such based on conversations I've had and stories I've read over the years. As an older teen, I was just as terrified of getting yelled at or grounded.

From Carrie: "Once you've seen, you can't unsee"--or to paraphrase, once you've heard, you can't unhear.

Having heard, I'm going to knock under pretense of telling the boys goodnight, and ask Oliver and Oscar if they have anything to tell me. Hopefully, at that point, Oliver can come clean, and unless he's committed a capital crime, I can surprise him with a discussion rather than a whuppin'. If he fails to do so, I will apologize, point out that I wasn't eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but overhear the boys' conversation. And ask my question again--hopefully with the result I'd hoped for the first time I asked. If I have to pull teeth, probably a whuppin' is going to be the result for Oliver. Oscar isn't really involved--when I find out, he'd just found out, and again, unless this was a capital crime, I wouldn't really expect him to rat out his brother.

David M. Katz

Marshall
AFinch wrote:Y Lee: I don't think a 13 year old being scared of getting punished, no matter what the punishment is, means that I need to "change my horrid ways".  I was terrified of getting spanked as a kid, and the spankings I got barely qualify as such based on conversations I've had and stories I've read over the years.  As an older teen, I was just as terrified of getting yelled at or grounded.

From Carrie:  "Once you've seen, you can't unsee"--or to paraphrase, once you've heard, you can't unhear.

Having heard, I'm going to knock under pretense of telling the boys goodnight, and ask Oliver and Oscar if they have anything to tell me.  Hopefully, at that point, Oliver can come clean, and unless he's committed a capital crime, I can surprise him with a discussion rather than a whuppin'.  If he fails to do so, I will apologize, point out that I wasn't eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but overhear the boys' conversation.  And ask my question again--hopefully with the result I'd hoped for the first time I asked.  If I have to pull teeth, probably a whuppin' is going to be the result for Oliver.  Oscar isn't really involved--when I find out, he'd just found out, and again, unless this was a capital crime, I wouldn't really expect him to rat out his brother.

Agreed. It will probably take me revealing that I am "in the know" to get the info. I think Ollie will welcome the relief.

ivor

Marshall
Busting in at this point would have the advantage of revealing that Ollie is crying and give me good reason to ask him why when hopefully the story would come out.

Against that is the fact it would show I'd almost certainly been listening

Tricky one this! scratch

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Knock, knock, knock.

(Open door).

"Hey, guys. I heard some yelling in here. Everything okay?"

I'll let the conversation go from there. If Ollie doesn't confess now, I'll take Oscar aside later, let him know I overheard, and ask him if it's something I really need to know about. I'll assure Oscar I won't act on his information directly, but is it 'he broke something he shouldn't have been playing around' or 'he stole something', so I'll know if I really need to pursue it with his little brother or not.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I suppose a punishment is more in the mind of a child ('he'll kill me etc')

I wont and they survived before and will do so again but I cant ignore what I oveheard.

I will assure Oscar I dont exoect him to rat his brother out and then take Ollie off for a chat and ask him if he has something to tell me. It may not even be worth a spanking if he confesses though I cant promise anything. But I will suggest he gets it off his conscience because while I won't be probing Oscar for the answer 'woe betide' if I do get to find out

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum