a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:58 pm

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Chill out Dad!

Your twelve year old (going on 21) son Jacob was brought home by the police today. Your spouse, who was home at the time, told you the policeman said he wasn't sure Jacob was doing anything wrong but he was hanging out with a group of much older boys who are known troublemakers.

Apparently in this group of ten or so boys someone threw a rock at the police car when it was going by. Since they didn't see who did it they brought each boy home to his parents.

When you asked him if he threw the rock he says no. He then tells you to chill out. It's not a big deal. He says it wasn't a rock but a clod of dirt and that it barely hit the bumper of the cop car.

He's your son, so yes he gets spanked.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What if anything are you going to do now?

for the record I'm paddling his bare bottom

2 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:02 pm

db105

Trailboss
Well... I have to agree that this group of older boys can be described as troublemakers, but I don't think I'd spank Jacob just for hanging out with them.

However, I'll have a serious talk with him. I don't want my son to be friends with boys who throw things at police cars, even if it was a clod of dirt instead of a rock. The fact that he doesn't seem to consider that a bad thing does not reassure me.

Let's hope talking can make him see my point of view. If not I'll have to start thinking about what measures to take, but the first one is being watchful and punishing any rulebreaking he might do under the influence of those friends. Directly forbidding him from associating with them is a more extreme measure, and I won't take it for the moment.

Last edited by db105 on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

3 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:03 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
It actually IS a big deal, even if the cops were acting like Gestapo (which they are inclined to do with kids and minorities in my personal experience).

Jacob and I will talk. If he can convince me he was an innocent bystander, he'll escape a spanking. If he can convince me his new "friends" aren't a bad influence, I won't forbid him hanging out with them. I'm not a bit happy about him being brought home by the police and the expression "If you lie down with dogs, you'll wake up with fleas" is appropriate in this circumstance.

4 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jacob can't control what others do but he can control who he associates with. Throwing anything at a police car is a huge deal and Jacob needs to realize that. Like others have said, it is time for a serious talk and a much shorter leash for a while. The fact that Jacob considered what happened to be no big deal has put him on very thin ice.

5 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:01 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
He is the one who is going to have plenty of time to chill out and all...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:23 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm pretty well in agreement with previous posters, excepting Stevie. I doubt the oubliette is necessary. I'll keep it in mind, however.

Kat

7 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:35 am

ivor

Marshall
I reckon trouble is looming - the boy has 'tude to spare!

Will cracking down hard now stop him in his tracks or do I just wave a yellow flag for now?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:30 am

Eldo

Cowboy
Where's my belt?

9 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:52 am

Jack

Admin
"Son, any time you feel like having a long, hard session over my knees, then being grounded for a while, tell me 'it's not a big deal' or 'chill out', while I'm actually talking to you."

While I don't react as badly as DMK to that, and while I know the boys don't mean it that way, it is both rude and dismissive.

Second, I try not to judge things without knowing all the facts, and Jake is white, but throwing things at police is not a good idea for anyone.

I have had to deal with a lot of police over my life. Some of them are really nice people. Some of them actually believe in what they do and are trying to do a good job. Others are just drawing a paycheck. But there are a few who aren't good people. Let's not poke the badger just because we're bored.

I honestly don't see anything else to do. If he doesn't understand why what he was doing was wrong (and dangerous), then a spanking won't help at all. I guess I'll just talk to him about this group of kids, try to warn him, and maybe find some way to distract him if needed.

10 Re: BOTD 09-21-2016 Chill out Dad on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:37 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
'So Jacob how do you know what was actually thrown? And remember you are alreay sailing close to the wind and look in my eye and tell me you had nothing to do with it.'
I do not like being told to chill when my son gets brought home after associating with people who think it no biggie to throw things at police cars so I think Jacob will be on a short leash for a bit. And we will talk about who he associates with. Next time something like this happens I will consider him guilty by association and spank him hard

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum