You are not connected. Please login or register

3 Oct 2016 - Fit to be Tied: A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 3 Oct 2016 - Fit to be Tied: A Kat Production on Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:36 pm

Jack

Admin
Fit to Be Tied
A Kat Production

Your job requires you to wear a suit and tie. Over the years, you’ve acquired a collection of moderately expensive ties, most of them in the $40-50 range. Your son Jaime, age 15, has joined the school debate team. The team’s coach asks the students to dress professionally for speech tournaments. Your suits don’t fit Jaime, who has his own, but he won’t stay out of your tie collection. You don’t mind sharing, but you do have a few favorites you’d rather keep for yourself. Today you planned to wear one of you favorite and most expensive ties but discovered it’s badly stained. When you ask Jaime if he knows anything about it, he turns red and stammers, “Uh, I sort of borrowed it for the speech tournament last week and got ‘secret sauce’ on it when we had lunch at McDonald’s.”

Jaime - 15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You say you remember him wearing one of his own ties that day, to which he replies, “Uh, yeah. I knew you’d say no so I snuck it out and changed ties later. Easier to get forgiveness than permission – right, Dad?”

Does the forgiveness come at a cost?

David M. Katz

Marshall
Resolved: Jaime's actions are not that serious in the grand scheme of things.

I will concede this point but will mention that the issue is technically disobedience and therefore I could spank Jaime for this.

Instead, Jaime will reimburse me through his allowance for the cost of having the tie cleaned.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Simple...

This time I shan't let it pass... he's buying me a replacement out of his own money... and he's forfeiting his Ithing until the money is made up and all...

Stevie.

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
Jaime is guilty of multiple offences.  First, he deliberately violated the rule of common decency by taking one of my ties without asking permission and added insult to injury because he knew I would not likely give permission for that particular tie.  Second, he hid the fact that he had an accident with the tie and rather than own up hid the fact as if it would not become apparent.  Not very smart to say the least.

I'm inclined to be lenient (ie, forgiving) about taking a tie because he was showing good taste liking my ties.  The greatest offences, IMHO, are the two acts of deceit.  Such dishonestly has a price and his butt going to answer for it.  

Also, Jaime is likely to find out that delaying getting the tie cleaned may have made it impossible to remove the stain so his allowance may be docked more than the cleaning cost.

Y

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with Katz, though I will make sure Jaime knows that DELAYING cleaning a stain can render it permanent. If the stain can't be removed, a replacement will come from Jaime's allowance--and it is extraordinarily unlikely to be an exact replacement, since most of these things while not exactly one of a kind are limited editions.

ivor

Marshall
I suspect the marks on the tie will never come out, but those I am about to make on his butt will fade quite quickly.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
I'm also with Katz - the only "cost" to Jaime will be to his pocket - it will be the whole cost, however, which I suspect will be an unsuccessful cleaning bill followed by the cost of a replacement. He might well end up wishing I'd exacted the whole cost by lighting up his rear end!

Jack

Admin
I am torn on this. If I had 'a few favorites' I'd rather keep for myself, then I would also have rules. Either Jamie knows not to take a tie, else my favorites are separated.

Reading back, Jamie's not getting off on this. This isn't a case where it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. He himself states that he knows I would have said no. Yes, he returned it, but not undamaged. Then, instead of doing the responsible thing, he tried to hide it. For that level of immaturity, irresponsibility, and disobedience, I feel like putting him over my lap for a long, thorough session with the brush.

What I am going to do is explain those feelings to Jamie, then listen to his input. At 15, he's old enough to really listen, and to understand how badly he screwed up. I think by the time I've finished pointing out what he really did, he'll be ready to fetch the brush himself.

I'm honestly not that worried about the tie. We'll try to clean it, and Jamie will pay for that, but if it has to be written off... accidents happen. That's not the part that bothers me.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jaime can pay the dry cleaning bill.

Am thinking if I am goin to let Jaime borrow ties from me that I seperate those that are"untouchable " by him from the rest and come to an arrangement with him about which ones he chooses from

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Perhaps the scenario could have been clearer, but I think Jaime's reaction when I confronted him at least implies: 1) permission is a condition for borrowing; and 2) Jaime damn well knows which ties are off limits and why. I don't think it's realistic for a boy his age to replace the tie unless I'm prepared to draw this incident out for a ridiculous amount of time. I'll cut his pocket money in half for two weeks as a symbolic form of restitution, but right now I'm going to acquaint his backside with another element from my wardrobe -- my belt. I'm not going to be especially harsh. Ten moderate licks should be enough to get his attention. I want Jaime to respect other people's belongings and to take responsibility when he screws up.

Kat

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Hmm.  I remember suits and ties.  I used to buy a new suit most years in Burton's January sale.  But eventually I came to regard suits and ties as uncomfortable, cold, impractical and rather ridiculous.  In later years, where I worked, managers office staff and shopfloor staff were expected to wear the same egalitarian 'workwear'  - much more comfortable.  Now I regard suits as strange "Western" garments, much preferring to wear sportswear or sometimes a colourful foukia or jellaba. Cool

Anyway, as for Jaime, I'm going to whack him.

Whatever happened to Hepworth's, Alexandre, and John Collier - The Fifty-shilling Tailor?

I remember when a shilling was worth a shilling.  Sad Crying or Very sad

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Emlyn Morgan wrote:I remember when a shilling was worth a shilling.  Sad Crying or Very sad

But that was back when London was still all fields, Em.

Kat

pushkin

Cowboy
Jaime is an idiot.   Only an idiot would have replaced the tie and hoped his father wouldn't notice.  In his position I'd have either sneaked it off to the cleaners or come clean with my dad and wept copious tears.  So there'll be some tied marks on his bottom, for deceit, idiocy and sauce.  That should suit him.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum