a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 October 2016 - Kneading It! - A Kat Blast from the Past

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
Blast from the Past – 2003 - John
A Kat Production

Your son John (16) just got his driver’s license. Since he’s eager for opportunities to drive, you ask him to run to the grocery store this evening and pick up a loaf of bread, which you need to make school lunches tomorrow morning for his younger siblings. He is gone quite a long time but he returns at last, not with a loaf of bread but instead a bread machine and several boxes of bread mixes. He tells you that you owe him $70 for the machine and the mixes.

John - 16
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Well?

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm having him turn right around and return everything. And get the loaf of bread I asked him to get in the first place.

I'm not spanking him, but any argument will cost him his keys for the next week.

ivor

Marshall
If Johnboy wants home made bread than he can pay for the machine. If he doesn't have the money he can take it back and hope the store gives him a full refund. Any shortage and he might get to see my French stick Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I feel kind of bad for him, because he obviously thinks he did well, and I'm going to be standing here with this look on my face that suggests he needs to be tested for drugs (or brain damage).

I am going to ask him what the heck he was thinking, and we're going to have a long discussion about a couple of issues, but for now - get your butt back to the store, get the loaf of bread you were asked to get, and I'm not giving you a penny, so if you don't want the bread machine, you'd best try to return it.

Pi Beta

Deputy
I wanted a loaf now to prepare the sandwiches for tomorrow, not wait for a couple of hours for it to be made.

It seems as though he may well have got a bargain, depending upon the number of packages in a box of bread mixes. However, to expect me to fork out $70 without prior agreement ir presumptive in the extreme, and I won't do it. I will, however, give him the opportunity to keep the bread mixer as long as he is the one who uses it and cleans it and will pay him the commercial price for a loaf for every loaf he makes (to order!).

If he doesn't like this proposition, he can go back to the store and see whether he can get his money back (doubtful unless a family firm I suspect) AND get me the loaf I want NOW!

kalico

Sherrif
I'm in agreement with y'all that bread machine is going back and he can Iturn around and get my actual loaves of bread that I originally wanted

Hugs kal

Iconoclast

Trailboss
Bread machines really do work and save money, but not if you use pre-packaged "bread mixes'. So John is taking the mixes back to the store and returning with bread for today and high protein bread flower as well as a 1 pound package of yeast!

Iconoclast

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
John has a certain Jack-and-the-Beanstalk earnestness that I'd hate to squash. We'll keep the bread machine but he's going back for a loaf. Using the bread machine will be John's responsibility.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
Kat wrote:John has a certain Jack-and-the-Beanstalk earnestness that I'd hate to squash. We'll keep the bread machine but he's going back for a loaf. Using the bread machine will be John's responsibility.

Kat

I like this answer.

squarecutter

Sherrif
David M. Katz wrote:
Kat wrote:John has a certain Jack-and-the-Beanstalk earnestness that I'd hate to squash. We'll keep the bread machine but he's going back for a loaf. Using the bread machine will be John's responsibility.

Kat

I like this answer.

So you bought yourself a breadmaker. I look forwrd to trying your first loaf. For now though would you go buy a loaf so I can make the sandwiches

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum