a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

24 Oct 2016 - Not Asking For It - A Jack RL Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
This is Zeke.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Zeke has been an interesting case, since he moved in with you about 18 months ago. Despite the fact that he's 19 years old, he wasn't raised to think of over eighteen as being an automatic adult. He also was raised without much education or a lot of socialization. He's a good kid, and you've been happy to see him relax and enjoy being (able to act like) a kid? However, he's also dealt with some anger and anxiety issues over time.

When Zeke moved in with you, you, he, and the judge all understood that he wasn't able to function as an adult, so an order was signed that declares him incompetent, and declares you as his ward, until two of the three of you agree he's ready to go out into the world. In other words, despite his age, Zeke agreed he should be treated as a kid, which has resulted in him receiving corporal punishment from you - both bending over for the paddle, and less mature, over the lap spankings.

Zeke attends a local, private school, which is able to bend procedure to better meet his needs. While it's not a big place, Zeke found it to be a challenge for him, especially early on. His lack of knowledge made him incredibly uncomfortable at times, and he sometimes had what would basically be considered severe social anxiety - nearly panic attacks. To deal with that, Zeke was given permission to leave class and even school when needed, and a procedure to follow when he had to.

Zeke hasn't used that since last spring, and you didn't expect he'd use it any longer, though you didn't specifically tell him he couldn't.

Today, you received a call from the school that Zeke hadn't met with his GED tutor. You headed for the school, but received another call before arriving, that Zeke had been found sitting in the athletic field bleachers (it was a beautiful day).

Zeke apologizes that he forgot to follow procedure and let anyone know. He had just been thinking about something, and it was bothering him a lot, and he felt like he needed to relax a bit, before he went to class. He figured that was close enough it would be okay.

Was it close enough? Should he have to accept punishment for skipping class? Or maybe a lesser punishment for just not checking out first? Does what he was thinking about matter at all?

Iconoclast

Trailboss
The athletic field is certainly part of the school, if you don't believe that, just try open-carrying a rifle there!

Thus Zeke is still at school so it would be wrong to punish him for not being at school!

Iconoclast

Pi Beta

Deputy
I need to know whether this swas a 1:1 tutorial or a group session. If it was a 1:1, I'm not going to be at all happy that he didn't have a word with the tutor before disappearing and would agree without question to him receiving the standard school punishment for skipping a class.

If is was a group tutorial, I can understand him not wanting to tell the tutor in front of the group so am inclined to give him a pass from punishment this time but he'll still get a stern warning that next time he must follow the protocol to the letter.

Jack

Admin
Pi Beta wrote:I need to know whether this swas a 1:1 tutorial or a group session.

For the record, Van and Zeke both work with Mr. Y in the afternoons. They are both working with internet classes/online studies, so he usually gets Van started, then helps Zeke. So it's kind of a group, one on one with his little brother.

AFinch

Sherrif
Given the last bit of information, I think he receives the standard punishment for missing a class.

db105

Trailboss
I'm not sure. Normally a kid would be punished for acting that way, maybe just the school standard punishment for missing a class, but there are special circumstances concerning Zeke, and I would need to know his state of mind before judging. If he was upset I would give him some space. It's a lot of new things he is having to deal with.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

David M. Katz

Marshall
I give him a pass with a discussion and reminder about the right way to do this.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
db105 wrote:I'm not sure. Normally a kid would be punished for acting that way, maybe just the school standard punishment for missing a class, but there are special circumstances concerning Zeke, and I would need to know his state of mind before judging. If he was upset I would give him some space. It's a lot of new things he is having to deal with.

Ditto

Kat

ivor

Marshall
So he didn't actually walk out of a class but rather fail to turn up for one. It also appears that it is quite some time since he had to do quit a class.

In that case, and bearing in mind what has been said about him, I wonder if he simply forgot about the correct procedure to follow?

For me this is a talking situation.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:
db105 wrote:I'm not sure. Normally a kid would be punished for acting that way, maybe just the school standard punishment for missing a class, but there are special circumstances concerning Zeke, and I would need to know his state of mind before judging. If he was upset I would give him some space. It's a lot of new things he is having to deal with.

Ditto

Kat

Good point, though hard to describe. He didn't seem freaked out, like he had in the past, but he did seem like something was bothering him, though not badly.

db105

Trailboss
scratch I'd have a conversation with him and try to find out what's bugging him and discuss the consequences of skipping classes. I'll make my decision depending on what I learn and on Zeke's reactions. The goal is to make him take classes seriously without coming down hard on him if he is struggling with his new environment (not so new now, actually).

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:scratch I'd have a conversation with him and try to find out what's bugging him and discuss the consequences of skipping classes. I'll make my decision depending on what I learn and on Zeke's reactions. The goal is to make him take classes seriously without coming down hard on him if he is struggling with his new environment (not so new now, actually).

This is actually pretty close to what happened.

As I said in the scenario, Zeke is not as mature as his age suggests. A lot of things that I try to get my kids to do more and more as they get older, Zeke was simply not allowed to do. In this case, he had a hard decision to make, and it was really bugging him, so he decided he should take time off and try to decide, so he could concentrate on class.

When he told me that, I had a talk with him about how he should have handled it, then we went back to Mr. P's office. Mr. P got out the paddle, and we had a discussion about the normal penalty for skipping a class, which is technically what Zeke did. Zeke prefers being paddled to getting the brush, but he still hates the paddle, and the idea of it happening at school didn't make things better.

After he'd sweated it out, promised he understood why the rules were there, and what to do in the future, we gave him a final chance, and he returned to his tutoring session.

Oh... what actually saved his butt was the decision he was trying to reach. Zeke really likes having his own room, and he really likes being next to Van, and helping with the hamsters and rabbits. However, since Liam has been sharing with Bryce, Zeke was trying to decide if he should offer to move back in with John, and let Liam have his current room for his own.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum