Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra: A Good Excuse? - A Jack RL Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
There are 15 people living in your home. 14 of them have to be at school between 8 and 9am this morning.

You get started about 6:15, as normal. You check on everyone, wake those who need it, and start preparing breakfast. One by one, the boys come into the kitchen, helping with breakfast, making lunch, or just grabbing a plate and eating, as their assignments and inclinations require.

Finally you realize that you've had 13 boys check in. A quick head count, and you head towards the room belonging to your 14-year old piano prodigy.

Instead of coming to breakfast, Van stopped to work on a section of a new song with which he's having problems. He seems to be listening to the same section on youtube over and over. You stop the computer, tell him he's going to make his brothers (with whom he shares a ride) late, and that he needs to go grab breakfast, then dress.

Van drags his feet, but goes when you demand. You ask him how he's feeling and if anything is wrong, but he assures you 'fine' and 'no' (Van is often less than talkative in the mornings, and you've considered firming up his bedtime, but he always resists that idea).

Time passes, lunches are made, breakfasts are eaten, dishes are rinsed and put in the dishwasher. You check your shopping list with Kenny, check on everyone (again telling Van to hurry up and finish dressing), and then put in a load of laundry, while waiting for everyone to leave.

As the boys gather in groups for their rides, you realize there's still an unclaimed lunch bag, and you don't have to ask to whom it belongs. One look in Van's room, and you tell John to take the rest of his group on to school. As soon as everyone is out the door, you return to Van's room.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He's sitting there in his uniform shirt, but he doesn't even have pants on yet.

"What are you doing?"

"I've almost got this part."

"You're supposed to be at school!"

"I'll be ready in a minute."

"Your brothers have already left."

He shrugs.

"I told you to get ready, I told you more than once."

Another shrug.

"Are you sick?"

"No."

You check - no fever. Apparently he made a breakfast sandwich and brought it back to his room, but he ate most of it.

"Is there something wrong at school?'

"No."

"Then why aren't you ready?"

"I'm working on this," he says in a tone of voice that suggests if you weren't such an idiot, you wouldn't have needed to ask.

"So you disobeyed me and are going to be late to school because you didn't want to wait until piano practice time to practice piano?"

"I've almost got it! I probably would have it if you'd just leave me alone!"

Is it time to leave him alone?

AFinch

Sherrif
"You dream you've heard a lovely song,
All night your haunted by its theme.
When you wake up the notes are wrong,
The song has vanished with a dream.
Well that's the story of my life."

Leonard Bernstein/Betty Comden/Adolph Green

That's happened to me more than once, so I see Van's point. But he's also being inconsiderate of everyone else in the house, has been repeatedly reminded/prodded/warned, and has done what he wanted to do, rather than what needed to be done.

I'm the biggest pushover in the world, but Van's already "prepared himself" but not bothering to put his pants on. It will save me the problem of removing them. He's getting spanked.

Pi Beta

Deputy
Though probably not a valid excuse, I suspect the young Mozart and several other young prodiges have had a similar "need" to finish some composition. It would be interesting to know what happened to them - but in their era, I suspect they also would suffer a sore backside as a result.

I'll get him off to school and we'll discuss the situation when he gets home. He can then play to me just what he was so set on finishing; if he can convince me that it really was a desperate need to finish, he might be saved a spanking. However, I suspect that if it really was so important to him to finish, he'll consider the resultant spanking worth the price.

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Kier.

The musical genius lives in the same house as 14 other boys who are all subject to the same rules. There is no justification for him to cause disruption to everyone else just to suit his own needs. He has had a couple of warnings already this morning which has deliberately chosen to ignore.

Thus I can only see one logical outcome.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Really tough call, but I'd leave him alone to do what he needs to do. Sometimes the world does need to stop for one person.

Kat

Jack

Admin
Just a clarification: He is not composing anything. He's having difficulty learning part of a song he wants to learn, thus the 'listen on youtube over and over', trying to get it correct.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Jack wrote:Just a clarification:  He is not composing anything.  He's having difficulty learning part of a song he wants to learn, thus the 'listen on youtube over and over', trying to get it correct.

I know. I also know how much I want to murder people who interrupt me while I'm writing. Very Happy

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
I am inclined to give it a pass. I will take him in just a tad tardy and we will have a serious talk after school.

db105

Trailboss
I'm with Kier. He has been disobedient and inconsiderate, to say nothing of his attitude. He must have left his pants off for subconscious reasons.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

squarecutter

Sherrif
Van is going to school If I have drag his pants on and throw him into the car. If he makes everyone late he IS getting spanked

John Boy

Sherrif
Sadly I think the only instrument playing will be from the wood sections on the skin section with a good voice solo.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=John+Boy

Cam

Kid

It's situations like that this that I just shake my head. I mean, he has to know what's going to happen with this kind of defiance. Or is it that teenagers have periods of complete insanity where they forget cause and effect?

In any regards, based on the multiple warnings and surly attitude, I'll remind him of the concept directly.

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto kier.... he is getting spanked

Hugs kal

Jack

Admin
While I understand Kat's point of view...

"Ivan James, you've already stubborned yourself into trouble, and it seems like you're just trying to make it worse. Get up and get your pants on."

"No!"

"Fine," I responded, taking him by the ear and gently lifting, so he came out of his chair. "Get your shorts off and get the brush."

If it wasn't so sad, this would be hilarious. The boy starred at me with a confused look and asked, "Why?"

I have to admit, I was so dumbfounded, I couldn't speak for a moment.

I reminded him of what he'd done, from playing around with his equipment on a school morning, to disrespecting me and his brothers, to direct, in-my-face disobedience. Then I repeated the instruction for him to bare himself. He tried begging one more time, but when I reached for them, he nearly yanked them off and tossed them at me. When I told him to get the brush, he stomped over to his dresser, then tossed it in my lap.

I took my time spanking Van. I knew I wanted to make this thorough, so it was mostly wrist - tons of sting, but not a lot of impact. At first, he took it quietly, trying to outstubborn me still, but that didn't last too long. When he moved from yelping and ouching to real crying, it was definitely angry crying. He finally moved from angry crying to sore crying, and that's when I picked up the speed and finished it off. By the time I quit spanking, Van was laying limply over my lap and bawling.

After a minute, I helped him up and tried to hug him, but he wasn't having any of it. When he jerked away, I helped him lay down on the bed, then I sat down about arms reach away from him and waited.

After a bit of crying, he made a motion towards me, and I started to rub his back. That was about the time he went from sore crying to 'feeling sorry for myself' crying. After a bit more, he tried to get closer, so I laid down beside him, where I could kind of hug him without him having to move much.

Van was crying hard and much longer than normal, and he managed to cry himself into a coughing fit, then cough himself hoarse. I got up and got a couple of rags and some water, and we cleaned him up a bit. After that, we started talking, but he had several more crying fits before we got through it all.

If you remember, last month I had Van on my 'thin ice' list. He and I talked about it, and I thought we worked everything out. I don't know if we didn't, or if this is just a relapse, but we did have a long talk. He'd cried himself sick enough that I made him take a shower in my room, then I put him on the massage table and cleaned his back while we talked some more.

The first thing that we have to deal with is that Van does tend to be a perfectionist - not the good time that keeps seeking it, but the kind who gets made at himself when he doesn't reach it 'quick enough'. The fact that he couldn't get a bridge just perfect was making him a little crazy. He's also tense with upcoming performances, and he's trying to do too much right now. I'd worried about that when he wanted to try dancing, but he really wanted to try it, and he has really enjoyed himself.

In the long run, we're cutting down some of the classes he's taking. He'll need to do work on school holidays and vacations, but it'll give him more free time. We also decided that he needs to paint some - at least once a week - since that's something that really relaxes him, and he needs to be sure to have some unstructured relaxation time, as well as reading time - he really hasn't read for fun since school started.

It's a shame I had to spank him through whatever made him hold all this in, but know that it's been lanced, I'll have a better idea where he needs watching and reminding, and hopefully things will be okay for a while.

kalico

Sherrif
aw hugs van.....sounds like you now have a good plan of action and I hope he can start chilling and enjoying himself...

thanks for the update Jack

hugs kal

squarecutter

Sherrif
Did he get to school that day

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Sounds like the poor wee lad is badly constipated...

A double dose of

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Will get him going again and all...

Stevie Twisted Evil

David M. Katz

Marshall
squarecutter wrote:Did he get to school that day

I was wondering that as well.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I had forgotten about him already being on thin ice. Maybe this will be the last time you will need to hit the reset button. The plan to move forward sounds reasonable.

Jack

Admin
It had taken me longer than anticipated to finish this answer, and I was getting busy, and it was chat time, so I missed...

squarecutter wrote:Did he get to school that day

No, he didn't. I had intended to link this to his bio and expand there, but..

By the time he was recovered and could have gone to school, it was already after 9am, and I felt like he was still pretty vulnerable, so I called in that I felt it best if I kept him home for the day.

After he'd recovered, Van went with me to do the grocery shopping. When we got home, he needed a nap, so I put the groceries away myself. When he woke, we put the big dogs in the run, locked the kitty door, and took the lops out to play in the back yard, while we took their hutch (and Fido's, though it doesn't get much use) apart and cleaned it. Then we cleaned the hamster cages. Then everybody got groomed - including the non-rabbit/hamster animals. Then Van and I had lunch, took Sheba, Fido, Lady, and Prince for a walk, and he took another nap when we got home.

For the record, I just noticed this Thursday, but I'd swear Van's grown a couple of inches since school started - maybe that's part of the reason he's tired and cranky.

When he woke up, he helped me make snacks for his brothers, and we watched the new episode of Flash together, and then we sat down and read until the other boys arrived home.

kalico

Sherrif
I'd say by the two naps he had that this was exactly what he needed.......

Hugs kal

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum