Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 11-16-2016 Throwing Donnie Under the Bus - A John Boy Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
THROWING DONNIE UNDER THE BUS (SINCE HE WAS ALMOST THERE ANYWAY)
A John Boy Production

DYLAN - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hey guys!

It's Dylan here and I need advice.  You all know my eight year-old pest of a little brother, Donnie.  Ever since Donnie almost got himself run over by the school bus for chasing after Duke, you know, our dumb dog that always gets out and runs around but always comes home, then I am supposed to hold the kid's hand when we get off the bus.  We go to different schools but ride the same bus; the bus stops at my school and then we go on to Pest's school and pick up kids there. Anyway, it is bad enough that Donnie is on my bus but then I'm supposed to hold his hand too? Well, I do it because Mom and Dad say I'm supposed to and I'm pretty sure it would not go over well for my back side if I didn't do it.

Guess what happened today?  I was dealing with an important text.  I had asked my friend Dale if he thought Dora liked me and he said he was going to ask his brother who dates her big sister and let me know.  Well Dale was giving me the news and so I told Donnie to go ahead and walk across the street and to just be careful.  Then here comes Duke running down the side of the road and then Donnie runs back in the street trying to catch a dog that would come home in a little bit anyway. Well, the bus had already started moving because we were, at the time, clear of the street, and so Mr. Donovan had to slam on the brakes to keep from running over Donnie.  Mr. Donovan gets out and starts yelling at Donnie and says he is going to tell the principal about it tomorrow - and I know he will.

DONNIE - 8

Donnie wants me to just keep quiet about it but I can't.  As soon as Mr. Donovan tells the principal then guess who is going to call our parents?  Then guess who will know I wasn't holding Donnie's hand?

I figure my best choice is to throw Donnie under the bus (since he was almost there anyway) and tell Mom and Dad that I tried to hold his hand but he ran away from me. Yeah, Donnie will get a spanking but he's going to anyway so why should my butt be on the line too?

So what do you think?

PS - Dale says his sources say Dora is interested in me.

--------------------------------------------------------
A BONUS - #1

You get a call from the principal at your eight year-old son's school who tells you the bus driver reported your son for running back in to the street in front of the bus.  Your son has had this problem before and you spanked him for it but you have also expected your older son to hold his little brother's hand until they get to the house safely.

What do you do?

-------------------------------------------------------
A BONUS - #2

You are Donnie and your brother has just lied and told your parents that he was not holding your hand when you got off of the bus like he is supposed to because you wouldn't let him and that you ran off.  He was actually texting and told you to go on.

What do you do?

DUKE, THE DUMB DOG

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie does not wish to load Dylan with responsibility and guilt... he's only 13, and I do think that asking him to hold hands with his little brother in front of all his friends is a bit much to ask...

Donny should get a punishment - a little more severe than last time - but my real concern is with the way the bus is being run and all...

Stevie.

Jack

Admin
Question: If I'm not responsible or competent enough to control a dog, should I even be trying to raise kids?

I agree with Stevie that asking a 13-year old boy to hold his little brother's hand in public is already punishment. On the other hand, I think I'd remind Dylan how much worse lying can make things.

Donnie is definitely getting spanked.

Dylan needs to realize that the texting could have waited 32.7 seconds while they crossed the street, so he's going to have to convince me why he shouldn't be spanked.

In the second bonus - I'd tell my parents the truth, unless I totally worshiped Dylan or he had some way of making it up to me.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Dylan,

The truth is always best so you are going to have to say that "you were busy" and couldn't hold Donnie's hand.  Will your parents ask what you were busy doing?  Probably so you're just going to have to face this one.

I don't think you should be spanked.  I don't think your parents are being fair about asking you to watch your little brother.  You need to be open with them and have this discussion.  

Donnie is getting a spanking because he knows better.  I hope you can talk yourself out of yours.

Maybe you should see what you can do to keep Duke from getting out.

-Dave

PS - Never try to figure out what a female is thinking.

----------------------------

If I am the parent described then they're both getting worn out.

----------------------------

Donnie,

Don't let him lie.  Tell the truth.  Don't let him tell lies about YOU.  Take your spanking and learn.  Also, maybe you could ask your parents to spare Dylan. Also, you are old enough to know how to safely cross a street.  Help Dylan find a way to keep Duke put up.

-Dave

18Smacked

Kid
The very best way to make Dylan willing to hold his younger brother’s hand is to explain how the girls will love seeing that he is so nice to his little brother. Dylan is likely to want to do anything to be a “chick magnet,”, and we always get more flies with honey. By making this a task that Dylan wants to do, we are halfway there.

On the other hand, I also need to start training Donnie to be able to cross the street safely on his own, particularly if his classmates can do so. I take Donnie to a busy street corner and give him lots of practice to make sure he knows where and when to look in what direction when crossing the street. Once I am comfortable that he can do so safely, I tell him to be responsible.

Bonus # 1: Dylan had agreed to hold his little brother’s hand when crossing the street, but on this occasion, he was too busy with a crucial text to do that, and as a result, Donnie almost got run over by the bus. Since this was what was agreed to with his parents, both boys have a spanking for what happened.

Bonus # 2: In this scenario, young Donnie will tell his parents that Dylan lied, and so I would have to sit down with Dylan, and ask him exactly what did happen. I would hope that I know my son at this point, and can tell when he is lying, and will be able to get him to admit to me what the truth really is, and precisely what did happen. If he admits that he was busy texting, and he lied, he will be spanked for not holding his younger brother’s hand as was originally agreed to, plus an upgrade (or “extras” for the lie. I may also assess some extra chores for the lie.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Y Lee Coyote

Cowboy
In a word the solution is LEASH.  Actually two of them.  

One for Duke to make sure he stays in the yard where he should be since apparently the fence (if any) does not do the job.  A free running dog gets into trouble and cause expenses.

One for Donnie since he has not learnt to stay on the sidewalk even thou he supposedly a big boy in the second grade.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Leash for Donnie:

Stevie  Twisted Evil

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Unless Donnie is challenged in some way, he shouldn't need someone holding his hand. At eight he's old enough to get off a bus and not run back into the street. I think Dylan should tell the truth without embellishment and the parent should take steps to keep the dog contained. The parent should drive Donnie to and from school since he's obviously not responsible enough for some reason to get on and off the bus. Dylan should not be spanked.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
The answer lies with the damn dog - stop it being able to run free, or one of these days it'll end up under the bus.

I don't consider Dylan should be made responsible to the extent that he has to hold his brother's hand. Donnie should have more road sense by now.

As for you Dylan you may as well tell the truth. It seems very likely your parents are going to find out what happened and they sound dumb enough to spank you when they do, so you may as well get it over with now and at least you can stop worrying.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
While it might be difficult or impossible for the parents to drive Donnie to/from school, I basically agree with Kat. At 8 years old, I walked home from school, so the kid should be able to cross a street by himself!

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie was expected to walk to and from school by himself - crossing two streets - when he was five and in kindergarten and all...

Stevie.

Iconoclast

Trailboss
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie was expected to walk to and from school by himself - crossing two streets - when he was five and in kindergarten and all...

Stevie.

Me too, my school was 1/4 to 1/2 mile from our house and my parents only accompanied me on the first day!

Iconoclast

AFinch

Sherrif
Me too. There was a crossing guard at the one busy street, but otherwise, we were on our own. Nowadays, that would be considered "child neglect or endangerment" in many locations.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/free-range-parents-found-responsible-child-neglect-allowing/story?id=29363859

No wonder the world is going to Hell.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum