a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 11-27-2016 The Evidence Says Otherwise - A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
THE EVIDENCE SAYS OTHERWISE
A DMK Production

This is your fourteen year-old son, Evan, as he was leaving for school this morning.  The school is close by and so, on nice days, Evan walks.

EVAN - 14
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

About three hours in to the school day you get an automated email saying that Evan is absent from school.  You obviously think this is strange since you watched the boy walk out of the house for school.  You call the school and are insured that Evan is indeed not present.  You take it one step further and call a good friend of yours who is the school's librarian and explain the situation.  The librarian says he will check on it and calls you back twenty minutes later.  Evan is not present in the class that he is supposed to be at.  The librarian also asked Evan's other teachers and all say he was absent.  You cannot believe Evan would skip school especially after the very sound spanking he got for doing that very thing at the end of last school year.

Evan arrives home at the normal time and you immediately confront him with the information.  Evan looks surprised and swears he was in school all day.  You ask about homework assignments and Evan says he has none.  You ask what was on the school lunch menu and Evan says he can't remember.

Evan has, in the past, tried lying to you to get out of trouble but, when Evan realizes he is busted, he always admits the truth. This time Evan is sticking to his story and says it all must be some really weird mistake.

What do you do?

Last edited by David M. Katz on Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Corrected typo in title)

Adric

Cowboy
This sounds like a situation that merits a doubly severe spanking (or two spankings), one for skipping school and one for lying.  I guess I would say that the jury finds him guilty based on circumstantial evidence beyond a reasonable doubt, unless he can produce evidence or witnesses to support his side of the story.  Now it's up to him to produce something convincing in a reasonable time, otherwise the sentence will be pronounced and carried out.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will ask Evan to present his own evidence. He can call some of his classmates and discuss the day while I listen and record. Also he can tell me what he turned into his teachers, which I can verify. Thus the truth will be revealed!

Iconoclast

Jack

Admin
I'm going to outline the case against him and offer him a chance to rebut. I honestly don't see how he could be telling him the truth, but I'll warn him that I will be checking any story that disagrees with what I've already learned, and that it's best to come clean now, if he's not being honest.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with Jack.

Kat

18Smacked

Cowboy
I will also go with Jack here, but add that I am getting concerned (in my own mind) as to whether there is more going on here than is within my capabilities to adequately address. Is my son now becoming a pathological liar? Why is it that before, he always admitted the truth when his lies were uncovered, but now, this is not happening? These could be the signs of a major problem.

I might start developing a list of good adolescent psychologists who may be needed to determine if there is a major problem here- or not. Question

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Adric

Cowboy
I now think 18Smacked is right about this being an indication of a serious problem.  Asking you to believe the incredible is not just ordinary misbehavior.  It is really worth exploring in detail whether there is something more to this than meets the eye - something that a spanking will not address.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

AFinch

Sherrif
It sounds like a Twilight Zone episode to me. I agree with Jack and Kat--IF he's telling the truth, and circumstantially I can't imagine how he is, he needs to present convincing evidence. If not, he needs to come clean now or it will be much worse.

ivor

Marshall
While the evidence is all circumstantial there is, as Adric says, simply too much of it. I have to wonder what he has been doing - were any of his friend similarly awol today?

For now though those shorts are coming down and he is getting a solid spanking. As there appears to have been a good length of time since the last occurrence I'll worry about deeper reasons if it happens again.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
Sloppy questions lead to sloppy answers.  We need to get to more definitive answers.  Let's start with "Which school were you at?" and then "Which classes did you attend -- subject and teacher?"  

If he went to a different school that he was suppose to then there is something strange happening.  

If he claims the proper school then how come no one else noticed him?

If he being evasive by only telling partial truths then this will get the full version of his truth out or a confession.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
I can't really add anything to the previous answers.

Jack

Admin
This isn't actually circumstantial evidence.  While eyewitness testimony is usually considered unreliable, this time you have numerous eyewitnesses (at least heresy of them, but it would be easy to check the original sources) who all know him.

Another problem I have with it is, when I asked him about homework and lunch, THAT would have been the time to say, "But remember, Dad - I had that history symposium today, and I was out of class all day.  I wonder why the office forgot?"

I'm not worried about this being the precursor to him becoming a pathological liar.  I'm more worried about him having done something he feels the need to really cover up, and now he's dug the whole so deep he's not sure how to get out of it.  Since he did get a 'pretty sound spanking' last year, maybe he's just scared to admit it, but maybe there's something more serious or embarrassing, and this is just a side effect.

db105

Trailboss
This kind of reminded me of "Mr. McBeevee", an Andy Griffith Show episode, where Opie starts talking about some kind of magical man he has befriended.

At first Andy is amused by the stories, but later he gets concerned when his son starts using the magical man as an excuse for unexplained gifts and for failing to do his chores.

After yet another evening of McBeevee stories, Andy decided it was time to put an end to the nonsense. Andy demanded that Opie admit he had been making up the adventures. But even under the threat of a whippin', the boy would not recant. "I ain't lyin', Pa. Promise." Opie told his father. Andy retreated downstairs and stared into space.

"Did you punish him?" Aunt Bee asked.

“No,” Andy quietly said.

Barney was shocked at Andy's failure to act. "Don't tell me you believe in Mr. McBeevee!"

"No," Andy replied, "but I do believe in Opie."

Andy's trust in Opie was rewarded the next day when he meets Mr. McBeevee, who turns out to be a hard-hatted telephone lineman with a belt full of jingling tools.

Of course, the situation here is different. Evan is fourteen, not eight, which makes a misunderstanding very unlikely, and the evidence of his not attending school is overwhelming. Still, I'm reluctant to punish him while he still refuses to admit his guilt. I'll review the evidence with him, and ask him whether he wants both of us to confront his teachers tomorrow about whether he was at school or not.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Eyewitness testimony is notoriously the most unreliable type of evidence. I remember once in high school ending up on what the school called the "Not Clear List", which the attendance clerk prepared every day. It was meant to catch truancy by comparing students marked absent for a class against the list of kids whose parents had either called in their absence or signed them out in the office. I had been called from my second period class to be in a yearbook photograph for a club. The idiot teacher didn't take roll until after I'd left and forgot I'd been dismissed.

While it seems Evan would have mentioned a field trip or something of that sort, I think the scenario leaves a slim possibility he has an explanation. It's always better to have certainty before punishing rather than have to apologize later for disbelieving someone -- even if it means something goes unpunished.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
I am going to tell Evan that I want to believe him but I will tell him why I find it hard.

I will give Evan two options:

1. He can come clean now (assuming he's guilty) and take his spanking.

or

2. I will delay any action and accompany Evan to school tomorrow where he will be allowed to produce any evidence or witnesses he has. If it comes out that this was just a really weird mix-up then that is great. I will apologize to Evan and life goes on. If a lie is exposed then woe be to Evan's backside when he gets home that evening.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum