Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:59 pm

Jack

Admin
You are out of town today. You made sure your boys knew you'd be late, and you left money for them to get pizza (tonight is usually a 'serve yourself' night, instead of a family dinner anyway). You intended to be home by 9pm or so, to put your two youngest to bed (they're finally getting used to a regular schedule, and you prefer not to disrupt it too much).

Your trip goes well, and you're in a pretty good mood when you arrive home. The youngest two were waiting for you, so you get them cleaned up and read their story before putting them to bed. You head back to the kitchen, planning to see if there's any extra pizza, when the utility room door opens and in walk three boys.

15-year old Eddy, 16-year old Cole, and your son, 14-year old Van
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Eddy and Van have been friends (and fellow musicians) for a couple of years now. Cole and Eddy have been friends for a long time, and Cole started hanging out at your house not long after Eddy did (they're both in tenth grade - a grade ahead of Van, but Cole's birthday is earlier).

You hadn't thought much of not seeing Van since you'd been home, since it hadn't been long, and you hadn't seen several of the boys yet. On the other hand, Marcus hadn't told you that Van was gone, when he updated you on where everyone was. He'd just said that Eddy and Cole had come over to work on some musical thing.

When you ask, Van suddenly seems uncomfortable. They'd just run to the music store to get some new strings for Eddy's violin. The problem is, the music store isn't exactly a 'just' (halfway across town), and you didn't realize it was open this late. When you question, it turns out that they'd decided to stop and eat after getting the strings, since 'there wasn't enough pizza'.

Eddy and Cole are both regulars at your house, you've used CP with both boys, and they both definitely know the rules (and so do their parents). Because of some family problems they had in the past, you're actually pretty close with both boys, and they both accept you as an authority figure.

The problem is further complicated by the fact that Cole has just received his driver's license a month or so ago, so it violates his driving conditions to have two, non-related passengers who are under eighteen. Eddy doesn't have his license yet, but he's completed driver's ed, so he should know that as well.

So, besides Van taking off without letting anyone know, which is pretty much an automatic corporal punishment offense, both of the other boys know that, though there could be a question about it applying, since you weren't home and they weren't sleeping over (at least there weren't plans for it). On the other hand, Cole, at least, committed an traffic offense by driving both the other boys around.

When you explain all this, Van admits that, from previous trouble with rides to school, Van did know the driving rule. Eddy and Cole both admit that they knew they should have let someone know they were going to the store, they just didn't think about it. They also kind of wanted to spend the night, and ask that you handle it.

Who's earned what from you, or is it a parental decision all the way around?

2 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:26 pm

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Sounds like a perfect opportunity to try out Stevie's new spanking machine he just imported from Germany...

Stevie Twisted Evil

3 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:18 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
This is sort of hard for me as I really want to give the boys a break.

There are two distinct violations:

1. Leaving without informing someone.  Considering the boys' ages I can sort of overlook this and would if I had a smaller family but, in a large family, it is courtesy for others to know where everyone is at.  (I am sure that even MY whereabouts were known.) Still though, in my opinion, not the crime of the century.

2. Violating the non-sibling passenger rule.  (I have actually dealt with that one in RL here.) All the boys knew and had they been stopped then Cole's driver's license would have been in jeopardy plus there would be a significant fine.  I know why this law is in place and basically support the reasoning for it but I do think there needs to be some wiggle room for certain situations and with parental consent. I see this as more serious than offense one and since it is breaking the law then I could legitimately send the trio to get their switches. affraid  pale  But I won't do that.

I see all three as equally culpable and so I will punish equally and do the same for each boy.

I think four firm school-boy style paddle swats over boxers for each boy should address the issues at hand.

After the boys recover (I doubt it will take long) then they can enjoy a sleepover and each other's company.

4 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:44 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think Katz has it about right.

Kat

5 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:19 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
K Club

6 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:47 am

ivor

Marshall
Yep, looks like Jack has got three unexpected early Christmas presents. Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:50 am

db105

Trailboss
Hardly the crime of the century, but they all knew the rules and the likely penalty, so...

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

8 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:25 am

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Or, Stevie could resort to his tried and true French spanker:

Stevie Twisted Evil

9 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:18 am

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
Logically, don't disappoint them - give them what they obviously have worked out is coming their way!

10 Re: 5 December 2016 - Sorting it Out on Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:50 pm

Jack

Admin
Thought I should answer this before I forget completely.

Yes, this was a real life situation, and the scenario is almost exactly what happened.

Like several people indicated, this was a hard one for me. While David said this wouldn't be a big deal, if not for the other kids, it's a big deal to me. When you're getting this close to having a driver's license, you need to work hard to reassure me that I can trust you to follow the rules, even... ESPECIALLY when I'm not looking over your shoulder. On the other hand, it's not like they were committing a crime or anything (well, except Cole, I suppose).

By the way, this is Cole Downing, not Cole Cavanaugh.

My original intention was to spank Van - hard enough to be sure I had his attention, if not to totally break him down. The problem is, Eddy and Cole wanted to stand with him. Not only did they did they insist that they knew the rules, but they insisted that they talked Van into stopping for dinner. On the other hand, Van stood up with the other two about the driving rule.

I normally offer a choice between boxers and bare in a situation like this. The boys aren't shy around each other, and most boys prefer to get it over with faster.

In order to keep the situation pretty private, I allowed them to talk me into the bath brush, instead of one of the Lexan paddles. Because of that, I went with four swats for each offense, with one exception. I talked to Cole and explained that, while all three of them knew they shouldn't have been riding like that, Cole was the driver, he was the one who would have really been in trouble if they'd been caught, so I insisted he take more than his friends. After protests from Van and Eddy (I do love seeing boys stand together like that), Cole and I decided two extra swats, with him going last, would be fair.

I propped my foot in Van's desk chair, and put each boy over my upraised leg. I had to lift Van just a bit, and Eddy nearly reached it flat footed. Van took it pretty well, but Eddy's not used to wood, and he was pretty sore. The extra two swats left Cole a bit teary, but he managed to stay almost silent.

After getting their shorts back on, all three boys were ready for a bit of hugging, before getting cleaned up.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum