a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/9/16 "Pajamas, Paddles, and Pleading" A DMK Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
PAJAMAS, PADDLES, AND PLEADING
A DMK Production

Your twelve year-old son Ronnie attends a school that still utilizes corporal punishment.  Students are subject to up to three paddle swats for an offense provided parental permission is on file. The school sends home a notice to be signed if a student is paddled.  You signed the appropriate waivers and so Ronnie is subject to paddling.  You are also one of those parents who has a "double jeopardy" rule - if Ronnie is spanked at school then he gets another spanking at home.

Today is a special day at school.  It is pajama day.  Students are allowed and encouraged to wear pajamas to school.  This is Ronnie as you were getting ready to drive him to school this morning:

RONNIE - 12
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

When you pick Ronnie up from school he is no longer smiling and happy. You sense something is wrong and ask Ronnie how his day was.  Ronnie thrusts a corporal punishment notice at you and says, "It sucked!"

Ronnie did not return to class after lunch.  Ronnie says that "it was boring and we weren't doing anything."  Ronnie decided to hang out on the bleachers at the football field instead because "it was a nice day."  The PE coach found Ronnie and took him to the principal.  Skipping class is an automatic three swats which Ronnie got.

You inform Ronnie that he will be getting another spanking as soon as you all get home.  Ronnie begins to protest and plead and starts crying.  Ronnie says the paddling hurt way more than it normally would because all he was wearing were pajamas (without benefit of underwear) instead of the jeans (with benefit of underwear) he normally wears.  Ronnie says the paddling was like he got two spankings already and begs you not to spank him again.

What happens when you get Ronnie home?

Iconoclast

Trailboss
NOTHING will happen, I realize that double jeopardy is WRONG!

Iconoclast

db105

Trailboss
Does he usually make a fuss when he is about to get spanked? Damn! Now I feel sorry for him.

The thing is that skipping classes is not something I want to overlook.

Maybe seeing how distressed he is I'll accept his explanation about the pajama paddling being much worse and substitute the home punishment for writing a composition on why school is important.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Pi Beta

Trailboss
Assuming I normally spank him on the bare, this time I'll let him keep on one layer. That way it will even out the layers between the two spankings.

(Yes, I know, I've forgotten pockets but tough! I don't approve of cutting class!)

Adric

Cowboy
Pi Beta wrote:Assuming I normally spank him on the bare, this time I'll let him keep on one layer. That way it will even out the layers between the two spankings.

I think I like Pi Beta's solution.  He should have thought about how little he was wearing before he committed a three-lick offense.  I sometimes take into account the circumstances of the school paddling, but in this case skipping classes is a serious offense in my book so he doesn't get a free pass at home.

But today I feel unusually lenient so I'll let him take his home spanking wearing those same designer PJs.

Last edited by Adric on Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

kalico

Sherrif
I'm in agreement with PI...

hugs kal

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm tempted to go with Icono's answer, but since the scenario specifies that I'm a double jeopardy parent, I'll go with Daniel's instead. I can say that the difference between three swats over jeans and three over thin pajama bottoms is tremendous. Frankly, I think the principal should either have postponed the swats until they were in their usual clothing the next day or moderated the force accordingly.

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
My personal stance on double jeopardy: I will usually let a school punishment stand as sufficient. However, if the issue is serious, continuing to repeat, or if the boy is simply indifferent to the lesson he was supposed to learn then I will employ DJ. Skipping school is an issue that I would (and have) use double jeopardy for.

The scenario says I am a DJ parent BUT I do understand Ronnie's plight. Kat is also correct in that Ronnie did receive a more significant punishment because of the pajamas. I think giving a non-corporal punishment will be my route this time. What I do will be dependent on what I think will send the best message to Ronnie. An essay on the issue does seem logical unless Ronnie enjoys writing. Another logical consequence would be to have him "pay back" the hour he wasted that should have found him in class and I think that will be my decision. Ronnie can do an hour of extra chores or he can go to bed an hour earlier than usual - I will even let him choose.

AFinch

Sherrif
While I don't want to encourage skipping class, the scenario doesn't specify whether pajama day is like Christmas (winter for the PC?) party days where you're supposed to be there, but it's a total waste of time? If there was actual classwork going on, my approach is going to be different than if it's a babysitting while wearing pjs sort of day.

I agree with Icono that DJ, except in special circumstances, is wrong--but the point of these isn't to rewrite scenarios to fit personal views.

If this was meant to be a productive school day while wearing pajamas, I'm going to go along with Daniel and Kat. If it's a "party day" anyway, I'm going to let it go with a lecture.

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Daniel & Kat. It does seem unfair that the Principal would paddle over just pjs, although it could be said that Ronnie must have known what he would be letting himself in for when he skipped the class.

However, as it is getting near Christmas he can write the essay - but I expect something decent or else he may still get paddled again!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

db105

Trailboss
AFinch wrote:
If this was meant to be a productive school day while wearing pajamas, I'm going to go along with Daniel and Kat.  If it's a "party day" anyway, I'm going to let it go with a lecture.

I certainly agree, but I assumed it was supposed to be a productive day because it doesn't make sense to paddle him like that if it was just a party day. In any case, if it was a party day the school punishment is more than enough.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:
AFinch wrote:
If this was meant to be a productive school day while wearing pajamas, I'm going to go along with Daniel and Kat.  If it's a "party day" anyway, I'm going to let it go with a lecture.

I certainly agree, but I assumed it was supposed to be a productive day because it doesn't make sense to paddle him like that if it was just a party day. In any case, if it was a party day the school punishment is more than enough.

While I agree with you, DB, I have dealt with plenty of petty bureaucrats over the years who were much more concerned with enforcing the minutia of the rules without ever considering whether they really applied or even about right, wrong, or what lesson they were really teaching the kid.

As a parent, I don't like the idea of double jeopardy, because it's basically zero tolerance - if you do this, this happens, and I'm not going to consider reality at all. However, like with David, skipping class is on the list of things that I will punish for again at home, because I consider it important for any number of reasons.

If Ronnie is actively crying now, as the scenario says, I'll tell him, "All right, I hadn't considered that." Then the drive home will be spent talking about things - like why he thought it would be okay, and what he thought would happen when he was found absent from class. When we get home, I'll have him get out of his pajamas, and we'll take a look at his rear. For one thing, everyone is assuming that the principle gave full strength swats. That's quite possible, but it's also possible Ronnie thought he could play it up and get out of trouble. If I can see any sign that he was paddled (which was no more than two or three hours ago), then he'll get non-corporal. If his little rear is lily white, he's going to have to talk long and hard and make me believe he learned something to avoid having me re-touch the color.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Slightly surprises me PJ day involved no underwear! I will allow Ronnie for his seond go and it may not be as long as normal for a double jeopardy spanking subject Jacks inspection of the damage. Its not just the educational content of a school PJ day but because we cant have schools not knowing where students have got to so the point has to to be made.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
squarecutter wrote:Its not just the educational content of a school PJ day but because we cant have schools not knowing where students have got to so the point has to to be made.

This is an excellent point, SQ. Schools are responsible for the students' safety. Even on party days, schools must account for the whereabouts of the students. They also have a responsibility to the communities in which they exist to ensure students are not roaming about, engaged in mischief.

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
Yes, but sitting in the bleachers enjoying the sun--in December--is quite different from being off campus causing mischief and mayhem.

I used to hate party days--they were a waste of time, and I had plenty productive to do elsewhere. Even as an adult student, the last days of my woodworking classes were "show and tell" and bringing snacks--while I attended all by the last one (because I was catching a plane to move here), they weren't productive or even much fun.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
AFinch wrote:Yes, but sitting in the bleachers enjoying the sun--in December--is quite different from being off campus causing mischief and mayhem.

I used to hate party days--they were a waste of time, and I had plenty productive to do elsewhere.  Even as an adult student, the last days of my woodworking classes were "show and tell" and bringing snacks--while I attended all by the last one (because I was catching a plane to move here), they weren't productive or even much fun.

The problem comes from not knowing where the students are when they are out of class without permission. They may be sitting on the bleachers enjoying the sun, but no one knows that until they're found. What happens if there is a fire and the school must be evacuated, for instance? Other lives could be endangered in searching for missing kids.

I had a teacher in high school who would grant permission to go out to the track and walk around on party days, but he at least knew where we were. In a perfect world, kids would seek and obtain permission to be out of class. My beef with school bureaucracy is not allowing teachers this sort of flexibility. Schools will always have to enforce consequences for unauthorized absences, however.

Kat

Adric

Cowboy
I knew boys in my classes whose parents had an explicit DJ policy.  Mine never even discussed that subject with me.  I think sending a notice home with a boy to be signed and returned appears to imply that the principal thinks more should be done at home to correct the problem.  I don't believe that is the intent, but it may have been the effect.  At my school there were two different kinds of spankings you could get.  If you got sent to the principal's office and wound up with a witnessed and recorded licking then you also got a notice for your parents to sign.  However, if you were just sent out in the hall for disturbing the class and you were unlucky enough to have the principal come by, talk to you, give you one or two licks, and send you back into class - well that was Single Jeopardy.  As far as I know those were not recorded (and I certainly didn't talk about them at home).  The same with any licks you happened to get from coaches or P.E. teachers.  Those were just to maintain discipline.  The one time I went home with a notice to sign, I made the argument that what I got at school was more than enough, and that plus a peek at my butt was sufficient to save me from any additional consequences. (And yeah, I wrote a story about it.)  So I'm not in favor of DJ, I'm in favor of using your own judgment about each situation.  This scenario says DJ was the policy, so maybe I check the damage and then give Ronnie a few low-energy licks over his well-decorated PJs just to stick with the policy.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

18Smacked

Cowboy
AFinch wrote:Yes, but sitting in the bleachers enjoying the sun--in December--is quite different from being off campus causing mischief and mayhem.

I used to hate party days--they were a waste of time, and I had plenty productive to do elsewhere.  Even as an adult student, the last days of my woodworking classes were "show and tell" and bringing snacks--while I attended all by the last one (because I was catching a plane to move here), they weren't productive or even much fun.

I guess I went to one of the few schools that never had party days to end the year. We had snacks etc. only on the the last day of school, and only in elementary school. In junior high and high school we did not do very much real class work to end the school year, but there were no foods brought in. And, we never had any pajama day at all. Before Homecoming Football game, and other football games against our classic rivals, we had a rally for the whole school that I always felt was a waste of time, but I was busy taking pictures for the school newspaper.

I very much would have disliked party days for school, and would have felt them to be a waste of time as Kier felt. Glad we did not have them!

We were always given the message that we were expected and required to be at the school during school hours as the school was legally responsible for us during those hours. When our high school had an "open campus" where students were permitted to leave campus during "free" school hours, a parent's signed permission slip was required. That only lasted two years before it was scrapped.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

tbfyb

Cowboy
When I was growing up I knew that a spanking at school (and I am old enough to remember when regular schools still paddled) meant another spanking when I got home -- it wasn't seen as a case of double jeopardy.

This boy knows the rules -- and he will get a second spanking.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum