a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-13-2016 Mischief in A Winter Wonderland - An 18Smacked Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
MISCHIEF IN A WINTER WONDERLAND
An 18Smacked Production

You live in a house that has a large picture window looking out on a slope that is ideal for sledding and sliding in the winter, and this year is no exception. You were sitting in the den, looking at the kids sledding, building snowmen and just generally having a winter-time delight being kids. You were horrified when you saw Austin (14) and Barry (13) knock down six snowmen and snow structures that neighborhood kids had built. The uproar of protest from the actions of your sons could loudly be heard through the window.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Your sons were to receive a new toboggan on Christmas, which is now two days away.

Do you do anything about what you saw them do, or simply leave it to the kids in the neighborhood to settle their differences among themselves? You could rethink the decision to give them this gift, or should you do something else, because they cannot play nicely with other kids? Is it possible that your sweet angels have become bullies?

David M. Katz

Marshall
Apparently this seems like new behavior for them.

Was it playing around taken too far?

We will have a chat about it but I am thinking the kids need to settle it themselves this time.

I see no need to take away the planned Christmas gift.

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm not taking away their Christmas gifts.

We will have a discussion.  Unless there is some extraordinary explanation, the boys can go apologize to the other kids and offer to help them rebuild the snowmen they destroyed.

Last edited by AFinch on Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
OH GOODIE GOODIE GUMDROPS !!!!

Another great excuse to cancel Christmas... and save hundreds of dollars on presents and all... Very Happy

Stevie Twisted Evil

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
It is clear that the two must be overly cold for there is not sufficient oxygen capacity in their blood to support proper brain function.

It is therefore my duty to warm them up.  A dual bare tail roasting by the picture window sounds appropriate to me.  They could look out and see the destruction that they wrought to understand the errors of their ways better.

Perhaps then they might get the idea to help reconstruct things especially when they are sent out to apologize to the other kids.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Y Lee Coyote wrote:It is clear that the two must be overly cold for there is not sufficient oxygen capacity in their blood to support proper brain function.

It is therefore my duty to warm them up.  A dual bare tail roasting by the picture window sounds appropriate to me.  They could look out and see the destruction that they wrought to understand the errors of their ways better.

Perhaps then they might get the idea to help reconstruct things especially when they are sent out to apologize to the other kids.

Y.

Works for me.

Kat

Jack

Admin
I agree with Y Lee and Kat. I do not see taking gifts and punishment to be equal things. The idea of the picture window sounds good, but I'd have to be sure we still had privacy.

I understand the urge to do something like this, and I understand that it's 'just snow', but I still consider it vandalism of something other people put a lot of time, effort, and probably pride into.

Those look like pretty good sized boys, so they can bend over, side by side, for a long, slow paddling, while they think about how they can make up for their behavior.

Pi Beta

RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
Ditto Jack and co.

ivor

Marshall
I'm with the butt warmers.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

18Smacked

Cowboy
I was thinking about motivation, intention and perception when I wrote this scenario. On the one hand, we have the boy’s stated motivation with their actions, the way they intended what they did, and this is played against the way the kids in the neighborhood perceived what they did. If the boys tell me that they were ”playing around” at the time they took down the snowmen and what sculptures the others had built, I would then ask how they would have felt if someone had done to their works what they did to them. The answers they give me to this question will then help me decide where we will go with this. I want to insure their intention was not to take away anything from the other kids’ fun, and they were not being bullies.

But, unless there is an overwhelming situation calling for action on my part, I would leave this as a situation for resolution among the kids in the neighborhood. If all the other kids in the neighborhood were, say 6 and 7 years old, then maybe they cannot resolve this by themselves. But, if it is a more “normal” situation with kids of all ages in the neighborhood, they can (and likely will) resolve this among themselves. This will in the majority of cases, be something for me to stay out of, so that my kids can learn social skills and problem resolution on their own.

I also need to know that, if I were to take away the toboggan, what do the boys’ then have for their Christmas present? Is this the sole gift they were to get, or is it one of many?

I may confiscate the toboggan for a week but I would not have them go without it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

kalico

Sherrif
Ditto jack......

Hugs kal

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
He sends down from the sky falls of snow to cover whomever He wills, while diverting it from whomever He wills.  (Koran)

Anyway, as for Austin and Barry, I'm going to whack them.

ivor

Marshall
Emlyn Morgan wrote:He sends down from the sky falls of snow to cover whomever He wills, while diverting it from whomever He wills.  (Koran)

That sounds rather like James Bond using something provided by Q Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
ivor wrote:
Emlyn Morgan wrote:He sends down from the sky falls of snow to cover whomever He wills, while diverting it from whomever He wills.  (Koran)

That sounds rather like James Bond using something provided by Q Smile

Obviously Q was inspired by the Quran.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
A toboggan will reduce their obvious excess energy So I wont deprive them o that. However I am sorely tempted to give them bot some piublic exposure by wearing outt their bare backsides on the porch where the young ones can see justice administered.. May be not but they are getting their backsides warmed for them

18Smacked

Cowboy
squarecutter wrote:A toboggan will reduce their obvious excess energy So I wont deprive them o that. However I am sorely tempted to give them bot some piublic exposure by wearing outt their bare backsides on the porch where the young ones can see justice administered.. May be not but they are getting their backsides warmed for them

Of course, the heat emitted from their warmed up bums might start melting snow and effectively be counter-productive to their helping to repair the damage they caused. Wink

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

tbfyb

Cowboy
Need more information -- if the kids who built the snowmen were considerably younger then the two boys who destroyed their work then this smacks of vandalism and bullying --- if its a mixed age thing and then I would ask the boys why they did what they did. If its more play than vandalism I'd be inclined to admonish the boys verbally and let the kids work it out --

I would not take away gifts --- but a spanking may be in the offing --- again, I just need more information.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum