a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12/18/16 "This Is Major" A Production Inspired by Zac

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
THIS IS MAJOR
*A Zac Inspired Production

Your thirteen-year old son, Kai, is still subject to spanking.  Kai is in deep with the throes of puberty and often doesn't resemble the sweet boy you know to be your son.

Kai has found his first girlfriend and says she is "the love of his life."  Supposedly they are an official couple but you suspect Kai is more serious about the commitment than the young lady is.

Today, while at school, Kai observed another boy with his arm around Kai's "girlfriend."  Kai switched off his brain and responded with his hormones and grabbed the other boy, pulled him off of his girl and then slugged the kid in the face. ** Kai hit just right and the other boy got a broken nose and had to be taken to the ER.  Kai was taken to the principal.  In most cases, a student would be suspended for this but, considering Kai's good  record (until this incident) and considering students start end of semester exams tomorrow and the principal doesn't want to see Kai's grades impacted by missing the exams due to a suspension, the principal opts to paddle Kai instead.  A paddling is considered a very serious punishment indeed.

Kai received the maximum paddling of three licks and the principal applied the licks soundly. The principal is required to give you written notice that CP was used on your son.  You and the principal can't be called close friends but you do know the gentleman on a social level and you are both acquainted with each other's families.  The principal is aware that you spank Kai when it is needed.

You do not believe in nor have you ever used "double jeopardy" or "trouble at school means trouble at home" policies with Kai.  You have always let the school's handling of a situation stand as sufficient.

In the CP notice to you, the principal makes some notations.  Whereas the notice is a legal document and the principal cannot come right out and tell you to spank your son he does make it known that such is the intent of his notations.  The principal uses verbiage such as "three licks is the maximum allowed per offense but this is major and warrants more but that he cannot legally give them,"  and "this is a serious matter and the principal knows you would want to know so that you could 'follow up as necessary.'" You are able to read between the lines and fully understand that the principal is suggesting that you give Kai a spanking.

KAI - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Kai's response to you is that he did nothing wrong because he was "defending his lady's honor."

What do you do?

**Kai's victim will recover with no issues. He will have to deal with soreness and two black eyes for a bit but will otherwise be OK. His parents are not contemplating any sort of charges or legal action. The boy's medical bills are covered by insurance.

---------------------------

* Zac sent me the rough outline for this scenario but he and I have not had time to properly discuss it and plan it out. However, I am out of scenarios and out of inspiration and so I grabbed this idea from my Savebox and fleshed it out. It appears here without Zac having seen the final product so any concerns or issues are not his fault. Zac, thanks for the idea.

AFinch

Sherrif
He got his three licks. It IS major, and is, technically, felonious assault (broken bone, possible surgery, and an ED visit). And it doesn't matter whether he's defending "his lady's honor".

Kai and I are going to have a serious talk. One that talks about how this sort of action, even if "spur of the moment" and even for a good reason (which this is NOT) can ruin his life PERMANENTLY. He could end up in juvenile hall, or in today's insane society, be charged "as an adult" and sent to real prison. Should that happen, he can kiss college and any sort of future goodbye. I'm going to lay it on thick, and if this is the kid described in the first part of the scenario, he's going to be nearly hysterical by the time we're done just talking. And if so, I don't think an additional spanking is needed.

If he still insists it's "no big deal" or that he was doing a good thing, he's going to receive the mother of all switchings and be put on notice that if he can't act responsibly with a girlfriend, he will be forbidden from having one til he grows up a bit.

Adric

Cowboy
The principal doesn't get to tell me what I will do at home.  That is up to me.

But, Kai's offense was "major", especially so since it resulted in a broken nose for the victim.  I would have to spank him at home as well.  That is not because of double-jeopardy or any implications from the principal's notes.  It is just what I think this situation calls for.  The "defending the lady's honor" defense won't work in this case.

(The standard punishment for fighting at my school was well-known by every boy.  It was five licks.)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in agreement with Kier; and furthermore, if I see any sign that Kai cannot manage his jealousy, I will put him in an out-of-state, all boys' school faster than he can say 'star-crossed lovers'. The only information that might soften my response would be learning the boy Kai punched was, in fact, channeling Donald Trump with the young lady.

Kat

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
This would not happen here. The principal would have no option but to report Kai to the juvenile authorities and it is almost impossible to conceive of a situation in which your son would not be charged under the Young Offender's Act (or whatever they call it now and all)...

It's unlikely that he'll serve time in a juvenile detention centre... he'll probably get a sentence for community service as well as a significant suspension from school...

There's not much anyone can do about it... yon lad has made his bed and he'll just have t' lie in it and all...

Stevie.

18Smacked

Cowboy
I will go along the lines of Kier and Kat, but I will also assign a long stretch of chores around the house that my boy will be doing for about three weeks. Apparently, my son has a ton of excess energy that he needs to work off. Well, I will be more than happy to assist him with that problem.

Also- if he was "defending his lady's honor" why was she not objecting to the other boy having his arm around her? I want my son to explain that one to me in complete detail! Shocked

Now, if he objects to this sort of added consequence, then maybe I will show him the catalogs of out-of-state military schools. (Assuming they still exist, of course. Laughing )

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

AFinch

Sherrif
[quote="

Now, if he objects to this sort of added consequence, then maybe I will show him the catalogs of out-of-state military schools. (Assuming they still exist, of course.  Laughing )[/quote]

They do. Look in the classified section of Southern Living magazine.

18Smacked

Cowboy
AFinch wrote:[quote="

Now, if he objects to this sort of added consequence, then maybe I will show him the catalogs of out-of-state military schools. (Assuming they still exist, of course.  Laughing )

They do.  Look in the classified section of Southern Living magazine.[/quote]

Of course, I wouldn't tell him about how unlikely it is that I would send him to such a place, even if he was champing at the bit to go!

Thanks for the info, Kier!

ivor

Marshall
I'm with the K Club - from which Kai has just been blackballed btw.

His reaction is totally out of proportion to what he saw and thus unjustified. He should consider himself very fortunate not to be facing charges from the other boy's parents.

I hope the enormity of what he did has sunk in by the time I've finished talking to him, but if not..........

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Adric

Cowboy
AFinch wrote:
18Smacked wrote:

Now, if he objects to this sort of added consequence, then maybe I will show him the catalogs of out-of-state military schools. (Assuming they still exist, of course.  Laughing )

They do.  Look in the classified section of Southern Living magazine.

I had a subscription to Boys' Life magazine, and I remember the back pages being filled with advertisements for military schools all over the country.  They all featured photos of young boys  in uniforms standing at attention, and they all extolled the virtues of discipline.  At that age I thought discipline = punishment = spanking so I figured those boys were getting plenty of spankings.

Military school is not the solution for Kai in any case.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I wasn't thinking of a military school but something more along the lines of Subiaco, which is a Catholic boys boarding school in Arkansas.

Kat

18Smacked

Cowboy
Adric wrote:
AFinch wrote:
18Smacked wrote:

They do.  Look in the classified section of Southern Living magazine.

I had a subscription to Boys' Life magazine, and I remember the back pages being filled with advertisements for military schools all over the country.  They all featured photos of young boys  in uniforms standing at attention, and they all extolled the virtues of discipline.  At that age I thought discipline = punishment = spanking so I figured those boys were getting plenty of spankings.

Military school is not the solution for Kai in any case.

No, I would not go so far as to send him to military school, but I might let him think I would do that, if he continues to use fighting to settle his issues!

The thoughts that you had about the military schools when a kid are interesting, Adric. I also had a subscription to Boys' Life, but when I saw those military school ads, my head filled with images of kids saluting, doing miles and miles of marches, and all sorts of obstacle courses, pushups, etc. for discipline. I never envisioned those places spanking, but then again, I never really envisioned any school spankings, even after a kid told me about the nuns in our town's parochial school paddling kids. I truly thought he was pulling my leg, since it never happened in public schools in my state!

Kat, I should have believed that kid that told me about discipline in RC schools! Laughing

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
18Smacked, nowadays, kids in parochial schools are safe from corporal punishment, at least in the United States. However, I know lots of people who remember the bad old days of terrorist nuns, whose main specialty seemed to be ear pulling. Laughing Then there's that movie, Heaven Help US, with the psychotic Brother Constance. affraid

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
Im concerned that my son is confusing his wishes with the young ladies honour. If she consented to the other lad putting his arm round her there is no honour to be salved. Thus my son is guilty of possessiveness and jealousy and he has to learn from the paddling he received for his extreme reaction or he may start making a habit of this.

I'm not sure anther spanking will help Kai but I think he ight be hitting his books rather more heavily at weekends during exam season and doing without his phone. We willalso discus what has happened and while I'm sure the young lady is a nice girl she is clearly not ready to be the love of someones life and will strongly advise he back off as if there is any repetition of the violence or if there is any more grief like that, whatever the school do Kai will be in very serious trouble with me

18Smacked

Cowboy
Kat wrote:18Smacked, nowadays, kids in parochial schools are safe from corporal punishment, at least in the United States. However, I know lots of people who remember the bad old days of terrorist nuns, whose main specialty seemed to be ear pulling. Laughing Then there's that movie, Heaven Help US, with the psychotic Brother Constance. affraid

Kat

Kat, to be clear, when my neighborhood friend who attended the RC parochial school in town told me about the nuns that taught their and (assuming he spoke accurately) wielded a mean paddle, it was around 1964 or so. I have no doubts that things have changed considerably since then. I had a priest friend about 15 years ago who told me that it was rare for nuns to teach in schools nowadays; the majority of staff is laic. (There is an overall shortage of nuns from what I understand, so teaching in schools is not exactly a priority.) I do not believe, and certainly did not intend to imply that what transpired in 1964 is still common practice now.

I was just sort of fondly remembering my friend telling me about the nuns at the school, and how I really thought he was pulling my leg. Then, when I went to college in Ohio, and I met kids who did get paddled in schools, I realized my friend way back when was probably just telling me the truth.

In fact, I even was a Big Brother to an 11 year-old boy and he did something in school and they almost had paddled him according to what they told his Mom and me at a meeting with the principal. I never realized (at that time when I grew up) not paddling kids in school was the exception, and not the rule.

AFinch

Sherrif
I grew up in liberal California in the 60s. I graduated from HS in 1971. I went to public school. School paddlings were alive and well the entire time I attended school, through high school, and my friends who went to RC parochial schools shared that it was alive and well there as well at that time.

18Smacked

Cowboy
Seems to me that at the time I graduated H.S., also in 1971, I had heard that the parochial school paddle was still active at that time, too.

To the best of my knowledge, MA always prohibited CP in public schools, but private schools were permitted to use it.

Jack

Admin
Doesn't 'parochial' mean 'affiliated to a Church'? I know that Catholic schools no longer paddle, but I think some Baptist church-schools still do. That definition would leave out the more generally Christian schools, like BCA do still use it.

Having said that, and agreeing that it's unlikely Kai wouldn't have been referred to the police in a case where actual injury occurred, I have to say that the principal has a limit on his power and ability to impose punishment for a reason, and his ham-handed attempts to get me to do additional work are actually having the opposite effect (yeah, I'm just like that). On the other hand, Caleb once learned how I feel about this kind of behavior, and I don't see any reason to treat Kai much differently.

Like Kat, the only thing that's going to change my mind is if the young lady says the boy actually was assaulting her and Kai made him stop. If the description in the scenario is correct, Kai's in for a long discussion about proper behavior and self-defense (or defense of others) and just being a bully... along with other unpleasantness.

Pi Beta

Trailboss
I want to reduced Kai to tears - real tears - and tears borne of embarrassment and guilt; not induced by further physical punishment.

There is no way he was defending his girlfriend's honour - he was effectively trying to treat her as a chattel! "I own her" was his reasoning in the heat of the moment. He doesn't own her or anyone else and it's disrespectful for him to even think that he does.

By the time we've discussed the potential for criminal charges - long term damages - financial and career threatening, the need to take proportionate not precipitate action and his jealous one-track minded assumption that the girl is "his" to do as he pleases with her, I hope the tears will be flowing long and hard.

We can then start to rebuild the bridges with lots of apologies, starting with one to the girl, then the lad he hit, others who were around and the teachers who got involved.

tbfyb

Cowboy
I agree with AFinch --- this is serious and Kai is lucky the police were not called into play.  Such impulse reactions can ruin his live forever -- and he needs to know this.  There is no honor it what Kai did -- Kai and I need to have a serious talk but no further punishment should be required.

Last edited by David M. Katz on Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Post had scenario author's name and the character's name confused. Edited to supply the correct character name.)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum