You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-25-2016 Merry Birthday - A Christmas Good Boy - 18Smacked Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
MERRY BIRTHDAY!
A CHRISTMAS GOOD BOY
An 18Smacked Production

Your son Sammy was born on December 25th.  Sammy will be celebrating his twelfth birthday this coming Christmas Day.  In the past, you have tried to make the day special but, inevitably, Sammy's birthday seems to get lost in the excitement of Christmas.  Sammy never seemed to mind.  You always made sure to give Sammy BOTH birthday gifts and Christmas gifts.  Sammy has always been a kind boy and you can tell he has a giving spirit and is kind-hearted.

Sammy came to you this year, right after Thanksgiving, with a request.  Sammy said he always gets a lot of presents on Christmas since it is also his birthday.  Sammy says that it is really more stuff than he needs.  Sammy suggests, no, insists, that you not get him birthday presents this year but that instead those gifts go to kids who don't have anything for Christmas. Sammy says, "I get enough and it bothers me that there are kids that get nothing."

This was not something you felt comfortable doing (you simply can't let "your baby" go without on his birthday.) So, when you were shopping you got gifts for BOTH Sammy's birthday and for Christmas.  You assumed Sammy had given no more thought to his request until tonight, Christmas Eve. Sammy comes to you and thanks you for giving his birthday gifts to kids that need presents. (He has no idea that you did otherwise.) Sammy says it makes him feel really happy.  Sammy wishes you a good night and goes to bed.

SAMMY - (Will be 12 on 25th Dec.)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

What are you going to do about those birthday gifts?

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
Well, after kicking myself around the block a few times I’ll try to find an orphanage (or what every they call them now) or homeless shelter so that in the morning Sammy can play Santa personally.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm going to tell Sammy the truth--that I got gifts for kids in the foster system as well as for him. I'm going to tell him how proud I am of him, but I'm also going to let him know that he can't singlehandedly change the world.

18Smacked

Cowboy
I think I will tell Sammy that I had gotten him some gifts, even though he had asked otherwise, because I thought just maybe he would still like a gift or two for himself. And, that there is absolutely nothing wrong in doing both; giving gifts to kids who need them, as well as keeping some for oneself. Yes, we are blessed that we can afford to do both, and there is nothing wrong with that, since we are sharing our blessing with those who do need some help. Our family is blessed that we do well enough that we can have gifts for ourselves as well as helping those in need.

If Sammy is absolutely sure that he does not want any of these gifts, then we can make a trip to a place where there are children who need help from others. It’s Sammy’s choice on what he wants to do, and I love and am proud of him, irrespective of what he chooses to do with the “extra” gifts I bought.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

ivor

Marshall
I'll go with 18Smacked. Sammy can decide and perhaps we can go somewhere together and be Santa's helpers this morning.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Adric

Cowboy
I'll go along with 18Smacked and Ivor - that sounds like the right plan to me.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Ah, yes! Good boys. Don't you just love them?

I'm going to whack him!

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie does not think that the foster kids will really be all that enthusiastic about underwear and socks in any case...

Stevie.

Jack

Admin
StevieWeeks wrote:Stevie does not think that the foster kids will really be all that enthusiastic about underwear and socks in any case...

Stevie.

As someone who's taken a kid who's been in the system - please let me tell you how wrong you are. These are often kids who've never (or not in a long time) had something new. Even just underwear and good socks can be a pleasant surprise for these kids.

As for me, I've let this wait too long.

What I'll do this year is go online and make a donation in his name, then print out a certificate. Next year, about 1 November, Sammy and I will go to the mall and each of us will adopt someone from the Angel Tree. Sammy can work and save money for his own kid, and then he and I will pick 'his' birthday gifts to go to mine.

For now, I'm going to tell him that I had to get something to commemorate the anniversary of the best Christmas present I ever had.

tbfyb

Cowboy
AFinch --- I think you need to re-read the scenario -- the father bought gifts for both Christmas and the birthday --- he didn't buy any gifts for needy children.

David M. Katz

Marshall
Jack wrote:

As for me, I've let this wait too long.

What I'll do this year is go online and make a donation in his name, then print out a certificate.  Next year, about 1 November, Sammy and I will go to the mall and each of us will adopt someone from the Angel Tree.  Sammy can work and save money for his own kid, and then he and I will pick 'his' birthday gifts to go to mine.

For now, I'm going to tell him that I had to get something to commemorate the anniversary of the best Christmas present I ever had.

This is the best approach, especially that last line.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
My impression was that I'd bought gifts to give to other children but also bought Sammy birthday gifts. I'm certainly not going to undermine his generosity by giving him the gifts I bought him on Christmas morning. I'll put them away for now and give them out throughout the year when I think he needs something I bought.

I wonder if it would be better to celebrate Sammy's birthday's at the halfway mark so that he doesn't feel overwhelmed at Christmas. I'm going to suggest that later on -- not right now. When I do, I will explain to him that I feel the same pleasure in giving that he does, so celebrating his birthday is important to me. The gifts I give need not be expensive nor large in number. The main thing to me would be to give him a special day unique to him to celebrate with friends and family.

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum