Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:10 pm

Jack

Admin
You have two sons. They're pretty good friends... most of the times. Because of the nearly four year age difference, there are occasional problems, and sometimes Dwayne is jealous of his big brother having more privileges.

Dwayne - 9 and his big brother, Dwight -13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Every year, you indulge the boys in a couple of video games. There were a couple of 'family games' that they'll share on the PS4 system, then they each received two games for their personal 3DS, handheld systems. Two of the games were the same, but the other two were carefully chosen - a 'T' game that you felt Dwight was ready for, and an 'A-rated' game for Dwayne.

As the boys open their gifts, they're mostly excited, but when Dwight opens his game, he's pretty disappointed to find a game that not only is pretty immature, but is one he already played. You're very confused and don't understand how you messed up, because this game was supposed to be for Dwayne. You are trying to figure out how to explain the problem to Dwayne, but when you look to him, your confusion gets worse, since he is opening a gift of his - the game that was supposed to be for Dwight, but it's clearly in the wrapping paper you use for your younger son.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Everything else seems okay. Later, you take Dwayne aside and tell him that the labels must have gotten on the wrong package. The real problem is that Dwayne has never been good at getting away at things, and when you mention that, he gives his 'I've been naughty' tell. You ask if he knows how it happens. He confesses that he saw you wrapping gifts at one point, and saw that you were giving him a 'baby game', while Dwight was getting a cool game again, so he switched the labels.

It's too late for Santa not to come this year, so what happens next?

2 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:47 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
It's Christmas. I'll give Dwayne a scolding and a swat or two and let it go at that.

3 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:04 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm going to tell him that the next time he merits a spanking I'm going to swop his paddle for Dwights. Twisted Evil

That should keep him on the straight and narrow for a while Laughing

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

4 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:51 am

18Smacked

Cowboy
I agree with Kier on this, but I think beyond the fact that it’s Christmas, there is a larger reality to the situation. The fact is, with kids these ages, it is only natural that the games will be swapped among one another. It will only be a matter of time; merely a few short weeks at the very most, before the “T” game would land into Dwayne’s hands anyhow, so it is really not worth any over-reacting on my part here.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

5 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:06 am

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
This is a perfect example showing why Stevie does not shop for Christmas presents and presents people with gift cards so they can buy what they really want and all...

Stevie is inclined to treat this rather more seriously than the previous respondents... in fact, like it or not, this was theft and deceit on a fairly large scale. Dwayne must have know that his older brother would not care for a game that he himself deems to be 'too babyish' and therefore he deliberately spoiled Dwight's Christmas surprise...

Dwight's game is returned to him, and the game Stevie bought for Dwayne is being returned to the store; it won't be replaced, either. We'll have a serious discussion on Boxing Day about why his behaviour has upset Stevie... which might possibly result in a red and sore bottom depending upon how Stevie's feelings are  in the matter tomorrow...

At the very least there'd better be a contrite and sincerely felt apology if Dwayne wants to be able to sit comfortably for his Boxing Day meals...

Stevie.

6 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:18 am

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
I'm going to whack them both.

7 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:01 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Dwight and Dwayne and each have their rightfully given presents and as it
s Christmas, if there are no complaints we will leave it there. Otherwise Dwayne might just, as Ivor suggests, find his behind feeling his brothers paddle. Dwayne can lump or like "his" game.

8 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:28 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
The boys exchange gifts back and if nothing more is said then we are going to go on with Christmas.

But, only because it is Christmas, is the only reason Dwayne will be eating his dinner while sitting comfortably.

9 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:04 am

Jack

Admin
Despite it being Christmas, I'm not sure I would spank for this. Trying to see it from Dwayne's point of view, I'm not sure he realizes what he really did. What I would do is make it very clear that what he did was stealing - without permission, he took something that was given from me to his brother.

Having said that, he will give Dwight the correct game, while I take his game from Dwight, and then he will apologize to me and to Dwight. If that's done correctly, then we'll accept his apology and move on. When he asks me about his game, I'll apologize and say I wasn't aware he'd played it, but that we can return it for something else if he wants.

If he has an attitude at some point, the same basic thing might happen, but with a few smacks and at a later time.

10 Re: 26 December 2016 - Gift Exchange on Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:16 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
"Nice try, Dwayne. If you don't want me to take Uncle Ivor's solution, you won't ever try that again."

Kat

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum