Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 12-28-2016 Is It Texting while Driving? - An 18 Smacked Production

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
AFinch wrote:I'm unaware of anyone who has made money out of refusing to service a gay couple, especially when no service was requested.  If you could provide some documentation, I'm most happy to be educated.  

The Reward for Descrimination

Kat

AFinch

Sherrif
Thank you

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
AFinch wrote:I am currently trying to figure out why someone who owns a bakeshop must be compelled to bake a cake for a client he doesn't want to serve (leaving the reason why totally out of the equation

Lets make a very minor change from a bakery to a pharmacy and from a cake to an antibiotic prescription.

Does that change things for you?  Do we have different rules/laws for different retail shops?

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

tbfyb

Cowboy
I'm with David K --- I don't think a spanking will help.

tbfyb

Cowboy
Kat:  Kat says the question of texting is really up in the air as he was at a stop sign and not actually driving

Not in Nevada --- in Nevada anytime you take your hands off the wheel to touch an electronic device (GPS, MP3 player, phone) while you are behind the wheel and on the road (e.g., at a stop sign) you can be ticketed -- fines can be as high as $1000 and 6 months in jail -- but are usually considerably lower - a 3rd offense (in a 7 year period) woulst you several hundred dollars and suspension of driving license for 6 months) - NB., if you use a phone for GPS and touch the phone while you are driving you can be ticketed.

Best advice: Turn off your phone when driving -- studies show that anytime your phone rings (beeps) the immediate response is to answer --

tbfyb

Cowboy
Disagree with AFinch completely --- sending or responding to a text of any kind can result in a loss of life ---

AFinch

Sherrif
You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree that texting OK when you are at a full stop can result in loss of life.

tbfyb

Cowboy
Highway Safety Website

One of the most “normal” ways to text while driving is to do it at a stop light. Confession: I’ve done this too. However, right after a text, what if there is a vehicle behind you tooting its horn? You are going to immediately shift gears and blow through the intersection. Your mind will still be distracted, so you won’t even see the 18 wheeler to your left until it is just too late.

end quote

Jack

Admin
tbfyb wrote:Highway Safety Website

One of the most “normal” ways to text while driving is to do it at a stop light. Confession: I’ve done this too. However, right after a text, what if there is a vehicle behind you tooting its horn? You are going to immediately shift gears and blow through the intersection. Your mind will still be distracted, so you won’t even see the 18 wheeler to your left until it is just too late.

end quote

the problem with this is that it can be literally said about anything. Changing the radio, taking a drink, even scratching an itch or rubbing your eyes.

While I agree that it's best for younger driver's to not pick up their phones at all while on the road (even when stopped), I think that our society is reaching a point of 'if you can imagine a worse case scenario that could possibly happen, that means it's likely and we must defend against it.

18Smacked

Cowboy
tbfyb wrote:Highway Safety Website

end quote

In the RL case inspiring this scenario, the boy said he never did have anyone behind him when texting at a stop sign. If someone did come up behind him, he stopped he texting he was doing. I believe what the boy said to me, as he knew I was on his side, and he is honest to a fault.

And, the boy is not in Nevada- or even near the state of Nevada.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum