Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 January 2016 - Last Day of Christmas Vacation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Jack

Admin
At least for some.

While my college kids have more time (the kids attending in Austin still have over two weeks!), today is the last day for my kids who still live at home. Both BISD and BCA start back tomorrow.

I haven't been writing much lately for a number of reasons. A lot of it is a continuation of the same things that have been happening for years. Part of it is that we've been experiencing crazy weather lately, more appropriate for October than December/January. Today's high is supposed to be 73 degrees, with a chance of severe thunderstorms, but in 48 hours, they're predicting highs in the 40s. Unfortunately, that's the kind of weather that really sets off my sinus problems, and makes me more likely to nap, rather than write, when I have a little quiet time.

I am also trying my hand at some outside writing, and am currently fighting to get the outline and first chapter in shape. Ultimately, I'm hoping my schedule will settle down some, and I'll be able to break time out of my day to spend a bit of time updating the forum, a bit of time writing stories, and a bit of time writing other things each day. Please note I am not holding my breath.

In the meantime, between work, Scouts, and getting the kids ready to go back to school, I'm not sure I'll have any spare time today at all, or that I'll even be available to chat this evening. The best news is that many parents are off today, so I should have a smaller than normal dose of the Daily Boys to keep me busy.

Jack

Admin
I was really anticipating a nice, quiet day yesterday. Sure, I was going to have to go into work. I didn't have to be there early, and I could get home before the kids did.

Why in the HECK was my house full of kids after school started?

It just occurred to me that I have literally a dozen college kids more or less living here right now, and a half-dozen more or are here every day (and a few more here several times a week).

Living here - Johnny, Josh, Greg, Mickey, Barry, Noah, Ryan, Clayton, Daniel, Mike, Campbell (my nephew, Matt's son, who's 20 now), and Kyle (my cousin, Darren's son, who's 18 now).

Campbell and Kyle aren't living here, living here, but they're both working for me, and staying here right now.

Might as well be living here (including sleeping over on a regular basis) - the Three Musketeers (Eli, Denny, and Blake), Doug Marchant, KC, Wyatt Jones and Jax ( employees who are close friends and members of the Book Group).

Huck, Brian Franklin, Cason Kirk, are all over here every day or two, and some of the other friends (especially old gaming buddies) are likely to show up at the drop of a hat.

I would complain, but I like all these kids. More than that, all of the ones in the first two groups are obeying my rule about taking some type of physical activity every semester, so that's a lot of eye candy walking around in the mornings.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Jack wrote:I was really anticipating a nice, quiet day yesterday.  Sure, I was going to have to go into work.  I didn't have to be there early, and I could get home before the kids did.

Why in the HECK was my house full of kids after school started?

It just occurred to me that I have literally a dozen college kids more or less living here right now, and a half-dozen more or are here every day (and a few more here several times a week).

Living here - Johnny, Josh, Greg, Mickey, Barry, Noah, Ryan, Clayton, Daniel, Mike, Campbell (my nephew, Matt's son, who's 20 now), and Kyle (my cousin, Darren's son, who's 18 now).  

Campbell and Kyle aren't living here, living here, but they're both working for me, and staying here right now.

Might as well be living here (including sleeping over on a regular basis) - the Three Musketeers (Eli, Denny, and Blake), Doug Marchant, KC, Wyatt Jones and Jax ( employees who are close friends and members of the Book Group).

Huck, Brian Franklin, Cason Kirk, are all over here every day or two, and some of the other friends (especially old gaming buddies) are likely to show up at the drop of a hat.

I would complain, but I like all these kids. More than that, all of the ones in the first two groups are obeying my rule about taking some type of physical activity every semester, so that's a lot of eye candy walking around in the mornings.  

I think your the Pied Piper

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum