a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 01-03-2017 Andy's Spending Spree- An 18Smacked Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
Andy's Spending Spree
An 18Smacked Production

You notice confirmation receipts of $ 1250 worth of toy charges come in from your credit card company. You had not authorized them, and your iPhone has a thumbprint authorization for using it, so you figured your phone and the data on it was hacked.

Andy - 7
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You started calling the credit card company to let them know what happened and make a claim to deny making those charges (per U.S. Federal law, such a claim can be made, and you may not be responsible for payment) when your seven year-old son, Andy, says, “Oh no, Daddy. You were napping, so I took your phone, got your  thumbprint and went shopping!”   Shocked  

As most of the deliveries had not started rolling in you were oblivious to the issue until you saw the information from the credit card company.

You were only able to return three of the “presents,” for a $ 80 credit.

Your reaction?

AFinch

Sherrif
I can't imagine why the "presents" wouldn't be returnable, unless they're underwear or they've been opened.

That said, Andy and I will talk about how taking something without permission is stealing, even if it's from me. He's going to get a spanking to drive home the point, but I don't see any reason for it to be especially severe.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Stevie will start by asking Andy whether he'd rather be hungry or homeless... that's a third of my monthly take home so we have to choose and all...

Stevie

Last edited by StevieWeeks on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

David M. Katz

Marshall
Andy knew what he was doing was wrong or he would have waited on me to be awake.

He will get as much of a spanking as a seven-year old can get.

Any toys not able to be refunded will be donated to charity.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm not sure how much responsibility Andy bears. I think he should have known what he did was wrong but probably didn't realize the extent of the wrongdoing. Like Kier and Katz, I'm going to spank him. Some of the toys that aren't returnable will be kept for his birthday presents. I will try to negotiate further on returns and sell the others for as much as I can recoup. I'm also going to ask for notification in the future from the credit card company for what should have been flagged as suspicious activity.

Kat

18Smacked

Cowboy
This was actually based on a RL story that I heard about on FOX news, involving (I believe they said) a six year-old girl, whose still picture was shown.

It was not clear why only three items could be returned; I assumed that they had been opened but it was not stated, so I can't say what the reason really was, Kier.

I know that if it was my kid, on the one hand, I am kind of proud that they would be able to figure out how to do all this without any specific teaching from anyone, but simply from watching me! On the other hand, I would want to wring the kid's neck!! Just kidding, really, but man would I be angry! On the other hand, as Kat rightfully points out, how angry can I really be at kid this young? Did he/she truly understand what he/she was doing?

Nonetheless, I will be lighting up his/her bottom, that's for sure. But, before I do that, we'll have a very long talk, just as Kier addressed, and about the fact that I need to pay for these "gifts" and my money does not grow on trees; Santa Claus is not a reality in this family!!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

ivor

Marshall
I'll go along with other views on this one while wondering, as Kay said, why the credit card didn't contact me over what must have been a very unusual activity on my card.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I usually don't try to poke holes in scenarios, but if the gifts hadn't started rolling in, I would have just refused the deliveries, and straightened things out from there. However, since that wasn't an option in this case...

If this were Connor (also 7), he'd be getting a deluxe with the Tailblazer, which is something he's had before. I just don't feel like he's had the 'experience' to get more. In this case, where Andy's my natural child.... At 7, I just don't think he'd be getting more than that - it's difficult to find a 'hard' spanking for a 7 year old that's not at risk of being abusive.

Actually, as I write this, it occurs to me that I'm more upset with him for taking/using my phone without permission than I am for the toys.

squarecutter

Sherrif
Pretty resourceful for a 7 year old. How does Andy get my thumbprint id?

The kid's getting a long lecture that my credit cards are not for him to use, that money doesn't grow on trees and that $1500 is a very great amount of it and that it might take him about 5 years to pay it off out of his pocket money. He is then being spanked hard enough to seriously discourage him from doing this again and the toys will go to charity. I don't think I will dock his allowance for 5 years, may be a couple of weeks so he will be feeling the pinch a bit, LIKE ME!

18Smacked

Cowboy
Jack wrote:I usually don't try to poke holes in scenarios, but if the gifts hadn't started rolling in, I would have just refused the deliveries, and straightened things out from there.  

Jack, I understand about the refusing on the packages idea. I am not sure why the RL situation I heard on the TV news didn't try doing that, but it wasn't stated in the news report. Maybe the packages came via UPS and were left at the door, and the lady did not want to have to carry all the packages back to UPS, I don't know.

I do know that some stores charge a "restocking fee" (as much as 15 %) if there is a return absent prior authorization, or if an item is returned under certain situations, but I don't know what the stores involved were here or if there would have been a restocking fee.

When I heard the RL situation, I could not resist modifying it to use here.

18Smacked

Cowboy
squarecutter wrote:Pretty resourceful for a 7 year old. How does Andy get my thumbprint id?

SQ: The RL story, as reported on the news was that "while the mom was taking a nap, the 6 year-old girl got her hands on her mom's phone, and applied her thumbprint to the reader/sensor. She learned to do that simply from watching the mom shop at other times with the phone."  Shocked  I fully agree; very resourceful indeed!

As the news anchors themselves said, on the one hand, you have to be very proud that the kid has learned all this simply from watching the parent, and no great length of instructions were needed.

On the other hand, one wants to do bodily harm to the kid for what he/she did. (Not quite that extent, of course, but close!)

This child will probably need to be tested for giftedness in the near future, in my opinion.

Kat & Ivor: I would gather that the mom does almost all her shopping using her phone, and as a result, the charges like this apparently are not all that unusual. Hence, no notifications were sent.

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Is Stevie the only person on this forum who is poor enough that superimposed credit card charges of $1250 would be a serious problem??? Shocked

Everybody else is oh dear... $1250... naughty little tyke... spank him and save the presents for birthdays...

That's more than my monthly mortgage, hydro, and gas payments combined and all...

Stevie...

Iconoclast

Trailboss
18Smacked wrote:
squarecutter wrote:Pretty resourceful for a 7 year old. How does Andy get my thumbprint id?

SQ: The RL story, as reported on the news was that "while the mom was taking a nap, the 6 year-old girl got her hands on her mom's phone, and applied her thumbprint to the reader/sensor. She learned to do that simply from watching the mom shop at other times with the phone."  Shocked  I fully agree; very resourceful indeed!

As the news anchors themselves said, on the one hand, you have to be very proud that the kid has learned all this simply from watching the parent, and no great length of instructions were needed.

On the other hand, one wants to do bodily harm to the kid for what he/she did. (Not quite that extent, of course, but close!)

This child will probably need to be tested for giftedness in the near future, in my opinion.

Kat & Ivor: I would gather that the mom does almost all her shopping using her phone, and as a result, the charges like this apparently are not all that unusual. Hence, no notifications were sent.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
StevieWeeks wrote:Is Stevie the only person on this forum who is poor enough that superimposed credit card charges of $1250 would be a serious problem??? Shocked

Stevie...

No, Stevie, you are not the only one who is that poor. If you look at my answer again, you'll see I said I'd put back some of the gifts for his birthday, while selling anything for which I couldn't negotiate a return.

Kat

18Smacked

Cowboy
Kat wrote:
StevieWeeks wrote:Is Stevie the only person on this forum who is poor enough that superimposed credit card charges of $1250 would be a serious problem??? Shocked

Stevie...

No, Stevie, you are not the only one who is that poor. If you look at my answer again, you'll see I said I'd put back some of the gifts for his birthday, while selling anything for which I couldn't negotiate a return.

Kat

Stevie- the $ 1250 is very nearly the entire monthly Social Security Disability I get! What a Face

Thankfully, I do not have anyone more than me to have to provide for with my income.

I couldn't imagine trying to support two people on what I receive! But, this (I hope) explains the level of outrage I would have if a kid of mine did what that girl had done. It would put me in the hole for the year and then some.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum