Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bradley Eazersky

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Bradley Eazersky on Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:21 pm

Jack

Admin
I have known Bradley for almost half his life now.

He first really came to my attention when Josh started his role playing group.  That was more than six years ago now.  Before that, Bradley and Bryce had been friends for at least a couple of years.  Bradley is a senior this year, but his birthday is at the end of May, so he's still 17.

When I first wrote a story introducing Josh's RPG group, this is what I had to say about Bradley.

Josh's Role Playing Group: Meeting and Heeting wrote:

Bradley is a sixth grader, who’s been friends with Bryce for at least a couple of years now. They’ve not been good friends, which is to say that Bradley’s not over here all the time, but they do get along. I think it’s most accurate to say that Bryce and Bradley like each other, but usually have someone else they like more. On the other hand, I think Bradley and Rory Dugan have become good friends, and we’ve been seeing Bradley more this past year.

Bradley’s a bit hard to describe. He’s cute, but, at the same time, he’s not—especially not lately. His worst problem is that his ears and nose seem to have outgrown the rest of him. Which isn’t to say the rest of him isn’t trying to keep up. Though he’s only a sixth grader, Bradley’s already nearly as big as the twins, at 4’11" and nearly eighty pounds.

I actually like Bradley a lot. He’s a self-confirmed geek, and proud of it. He mostly wears comic book t-shirts, with jeans that actually stay (mostly) at his waist. He even wears tighty whities. His hair looks rather like a slightly used scrub brush. He keeps it fairly short, and it usually looks like it may have had a brush run across it since he last slept. It’s a very non-descript color that’s someplace between dark blond and light brown. It does make a good match for his grayish-blue eyes.

It was a bit of a surprise when Bradley showed up and only more so when he asked to speak to me. Apparently Bryce had mentioned Josh’s upcoming role-playing group to Rory, who’d mentioned it to Bradley, who’d been dying to find a group he could join.

The real surprise was when he fell to his knees and grabbed my pants leg. I mean, this boy was literally begging to be included.

"Sorry, Bradley," I explained to him. "I’m running it, but it’s Josh’s game. You’d have to ask him."

"Is he home right now?" the boy enquired, looking up from his groveling.

"Yeah, I think he’s in his room."

I had to follow. Sure enough, Josh got the same treatment.

Bradley didn’t seem at all fazed by the other boys laughing at him—I think he enjoyed it. And after that display, Josh couldn’t resist inviting him to come. After all, a big part of role-playing is acting, and Bradley was obviously good at that.

Bradley was usually over here as part of a role playing group.  That means he normally had a goal and avoided the trouble that often happens when boys are less directed.  There were still a couple of events, like

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] or

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

And, while it's not spanking, I did talk about him [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 Re: Bradley Eazersky on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:27 pm

Jack

Admin
In my rather erratic attempts to keep everything up to date and cross-referenced, I should announce that the reason I began this bio for Bradley was due to the situation in the BOTD [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. That is also the title of the story I wrote detailing the entire situation and the things that arose from it the next couple of day:

Bradley is Paying For Himself

There have been other developments over the last six weeks since this situation began, and I'll address them over the next few days.

3 Re: Bradley Eazersky on Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:05 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
Bradley is a very lucky boy, and even with a very sore bottom, I'm sure he thinks so as well.

4 Re: Bradley Eazersky on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:26 am

Jack

Admin
I wanted to give a little time after (finally) posting Bradley's story last week. However, that story happened 4 - 6 January, over two months ago, and there have been a lot of things to discuss.  

I guess the top question is how he ended up doing last semester.  The kids had basically two weeks after Christmas, before finals (and yes, that does seem like a crazy way to do it, but talk to the Texas Legislature).  When we learned of Bradley's problem, we only had a week until finals, and we had to balance things between him studying for finals and him catching up homework.  As I said elsewhere, his mom did work quickly getting his teachers permission to work with me.  Most of them were concerned about the problem and were willing to help (one teacher took late homework from him until the end of school, the last day of finals).  The problem is that his civics teacher is an... well, let's just say an 'old fashioned' teacher, and that I've had to deal with him before.  After some thought, and a check of the grades, we decided to write off civics and concentrate on everything else.   ROTC and English were the only classes in which he'd kept up, and he finished those with As.  He was able to squeak by his trig class with a B, and brought his Bio 2 up to a mid B.  He actually managed to get his Spanish back up over 90.  His next to worst grade was in Economics, where he wasn't quite able to get it up to a B (but he did pass with a C).  He actually did fine on his Movie and Theater Appreciation (basically a fine arts elective), but about 50% of his grade in that was from two essays and the final.

I did pull a few strings with Mr. Kirk.  Since we knew Bradley was going to have to re-take civics, I got Toby to make sure he had a teacher whose style would work better for Bradley.

It's been close to eight weeks now since finals, and Bradley's been doing mostly okay.  The problem is, it was about 8 or 9 weeks into the semester before things started to fall apart, and he kept going for a few more weeks through momentum, I guess.  Looking at the online grade books, you can watch him deteriorate, but it wasn't all at once, so I can see how it was missed for a while.  Unfortunately, just as it didn't fall apart all at once, he hasn't been able to repair everything all at once, either.

This semester, he's taking  Bio 2, pre-calculus, Spanish 3, English, ROTC, civics, speech, and creative writing.  He's pulled an A in all of them at the end of the first six weeks.  However, it's not been without a few lapses.

I want to say it was 25 Jan, when I took Bradley aside.  After repeated warnings, his homework folder was still a mess.  We sat down, brought it up to standards (again), and then he stood up, dropped his pants and shorts, and took the position for two swats with the medium Lexan.  After that, he made a real effort to keep things organized, and came to me a few days later to ask a couple of questions, which seemed to get him over the hump.  

That was the second week.  I think it was the fourth week - 9 Feb? - that he earned his third strike for work not turned in on time.  It turns out that Bradley can take two swats bare from the medium Lexan without too much stress, but three starts pushing his limits.  The first two were silent, but he called out on the third one, and he was panting after it.  Of course, he finished the six weeks with only one more late paper.  Finishing the six weeks reset the calendar, and so far he's turned everything in on time, and his next session (if he gets one) will only be two swats again.  I'm being very strict on him right now, but he's still relearning habits, and I think he's also learning new habits that will help him a lot in college.

It's not just homework that's happening over here.  I don't know how things are going with his dad right now - his father gave him a kind of half-hearted, politicians apology (I'm sorry if you misunderstood something I said and were offended), but they're not actively having any problems.  He and his mom are doing well, and she has apologized for not realizing what was going on and doing more.  She's also very supportive of him being here and working hard.

However, his mom has also insisted that, if he's going to be spending all this time over here, that I make him help out.  I'm okay with that, and I usually do ask the kids who are over here a lot to earn their keep.  It's not like my boys, with assigned chores, but I do ask them to help (with prep or clean up for a meal, and especially if they have a snack) and to make sure they clean up after themselves.  

Bradley and I had to have a talk... I want to say it was the end of January, or maybe the first of February.  While Bradley is very good about helping with anything he's specifically asked to do, he seems to have a bit of trouble cleaning up after himself, and he has a bad habit of starting a load of laundry, then forgetting about it.

On this particular evening, he'd come over without a change of clothes, so he threw everything but his boxers into the wash, then walked off.  First of all, with all the people living here, there are almost always things to wash, so I ask people to not just do a few things, but a full load.  I heard the buzzer go off while I was preparing dinner.  After dinner, I realized no one had emptied it.  Sure enough, it was Bradley's school clothes.  I through them in the dryer and went to fetch him.  

In my office, I sat on the arm of the couch and put him over my upraised knee.  We started out with a punctuated discussion.  Question, spank, answer, spank, repeat.  We spent two or three minutes talking about how much time he spends here, what his mom had said, what I asked him to do, and how many times we'd talked about doing laundry.  After that, I had him lift his hips, and I slid his basketball shorts down.  Once they got over his butt, they slid straight for his ankles.  This time, I didn't bother with questions, but just lectured - statement, smack, another, smack, smack statement, smack smack.  I did that for another minute or so and asked if he understood.  He assured me he did.  I asked him if he'd been doing what he should.  He admitted he hadn't.  At that point, he'd had probably 40 or 50 hand smacks in about 4 minutes.  I then slid his boxers down and gave him that many more in about that many seconds.  He didn't cry, he barely even yelped, but he did squirm and make a little noise.  When I let him up, he rubbed, dressed, hugged, but was nearly laughing as he promised to do better.

5 Re: Bradley Eazersky on Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:51 am

jackson1

Wrangler
You think Bradley has a high pain tolerance or is that about the reaction you expect from a boy his age getting spanked like that?

6 Re: Bradley Eazersky on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 pm

Jack

Admin
If you mean the last one I mentioned - that's about what I expect. My hand barely stung when I finished - it was really more about straightening things out and setting specific expectations than it was about punishment. This wouldn't work on some boys, but there are a certain type it does great with. I also use this method with Bruce from time to time. He reacts about the same, and I think it actually does keep his behavior improved.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum