Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site


You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 01-25-2017 He Wore a Red Scarf and Beret - A Stevie Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

avatar
Bransom Postmaster
HE WORE A RED SCARF AND BERET
A Stevie Production


You have two children, Natalie, a girl, aged ten, and Patrick, your son, aged eight...

It's a cool winter's day, and Natalie is getting ready to go over to a friend's house to play when she discovers that her red scarf and beret are missing... it's much too cold to go outside without them.

You go looking for Patrick to ask him if he's seen his sister's clothing... he doesn't answer when you call him and you go to his room to see if he's there; uncharacteristically you forget to knock when you open the door. When you do, this is what you see:


PATRICK - 8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


Patrick is obviously intensely embarrassed to be caught dressed in Natalie's clothing...

What do you do now? Is Pat in trouble?


_________________
Can you dig it?
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Skater

18Smacked

avatar
Cowboy
No, he is not in trouble. I will tell him that his sister needs her scarf and beret, and act like I have not seen him wearing them. I think it is natural for kids of both sexes from age 5 through 8 or so to experiment wearing the opposite sex's clothing. It does not mean anything significant.

I will ignore his wearing the scarf and beret, and just tell him that his sister needs them to go out of the house.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Beaver

avatar
Wrangler
I am inclined to agree. Although I would remind him that it's not nice to take things belonging to his sister without asking. Respecting boundaries and the possessions of others is important, and I want Patrick to internalize that. But I think this issue can be better solved by talking instead of imposing a punishment.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Beaver

Adric

avatar
Cowboy
I agree with 18Smacked and Beaver. No big deal.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

David M. Katz

avatar
Marshall
He looks constipated. Give him some castor oil. jocolor

----------------------------------

Seriously, though, I support those who have answered thus far. This needs to be addressed as no big deal.


_________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=David+M.+Katz

Kat

avatar
Editor Extraordinaire
I'm with everyone else on this.

Kat

AFinch

avatar
Sherrif
Me too

Pi Beta

avatar
RIP 9 Jan 47 - 17 June 17
Can't disagree.

Jack

avatar
Admin
I'm tending towards disagreeing with everyone else on this. In my house, going into a sibling's room and taking something is pretty much a spanking offense, and all the kids know it.

This picture is cute, and the beret is a bit silly looking (I'm pretty sure that all berets are silly looking, though), but I really don't see it as 'girls clothing' (which I assume is the problem). While my scarf is black instead of red, it's otherwise exactly alike. I'm guessing the reason most people aren't spanking is that they don't want to stigmatize him for wearing girls clothes.

Assuming him going into his sister's room isn't a regular thing, I'll have him return the items and apologize, then he can get dressed for the weather, and we can go get him his own scarf and hat -- maybe we can find him a nice fedora or hamburg instead, though. I mean, if it worked for Quentin Crisp, it should work for this fellow.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Y Lee Coyote

avatar
Deputy
Jack wrote:In my house, going into a sibling's room and taking something is pretty much a spanking offense, and all the kids know it.

If this is true, then you have a very valid point but there is not any indication it is.  She may have left the items in, e.g., the hall or family room, rather than in her room.

A determination of the facts is definitely in order before any action other then to return the items is taken.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Emlyn Morgan

avatar
Trailboss
I bought a red beret when I was in Bayonne: solidarity with the Basque separatists. Anyway, I'm going to whack him.

squarecutter

avatar
Sherrif
Beaver wrote:I am inclined to agree. Although I would remind him that it's not nice to take things belonging to his sister without asking. Respecting boundaries and the possessions of others is important, and I want Patrick to internalize that. But I think this issue can be better solved by talking instead of imposing a punishment.

I agree with that line.

squarecutter

avatar
Sherrif
Emlyn Morgan wrote:I bought a red beret when I was in Bayonne: solidarity with the Basque separatists.  Anyway, I'm going to whack him.

At least it wasnt Che Guevara. My sister had to wear a grey beret to school and hated it

Iconoclast

avatar
Trailboss
Emlyn Morgan wrote:I bought a red beret when I was in Bayonne: solidarity with the Basque separatists.  Anyway, I'm going to whack him.

I am happy to hear that you support the Basque separatists!

Iconoclast

Jack

avatar
Admin
Y Lee Coyote wrote:
Jack wrote:In my house, going into a sibling's room and taking something is pretty much a spanking offense, and all the kids know it.

If this is true, then you have a very valid point but there is not any indication it is.  She may have left the items in, e.g., the hall or family room, rather than in her room.

A determination of the facts is definitely in order before any action other then to return the items is taken.

Y.

A valid point. My kids keep this kind of thing in their own room, because we'd need a walk-in closet by the front door otherwise, but in a smaller family it would be much more reasonable.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum