Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Jack

Admin
Impertinent, from its primary meaning of not pertinent and hence inappropriate or out of place, has come to imply often an unseemly intrusion into what does not concern one, or a presumptuous rudeness toward one entitled to deference or respect: an impertinent interruption, question, manner toward a teacher.

You're looking forward to a relatively quiet weekend.  Your (public) high school boys are all going to be out of town Friday night for a debate tournament.  You've let your other boys know that there will be no mass gatherings this weekend, and probably no sleepovers.  You've been very busy, a bit sick, and you're looking forward to some rest.

Connor comes up to you.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Connor is one of your favorite kids.  He's not only a friend to your high school kids, his little brother is friends with your tweens and middle school kids.  Connor is great with the younger kids, and you and he have very similar tastes in entertainment.  You love having him around, and he's really a friend of yours as much as of your kids.  If you have one problem with him, it's that he's too well behaved, so you almost never have a chance to warm his rear for him.

Today he comes up to you.  "Me, Jerry, and Jake were talking, and we thought it would be fun to have a gaming night Friday. Can we have it here?"

"There's a debate tournament this weekend," you remind him.  "Bryce, Parker, and Ethan won't be here."

"So?" he asks nonchalantly, like you haven't just made a point.

"Do you know what impertinence means?"

"Yeah," he replies.  "So can we come over Friday?"

So, is impertinence  a spanking offense?

Last edited by Jack on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:42 pm

Adric

Cowboy
I don't think it is spankable.  It could just be a misunderstanding.  I'm not quite sure I have figured it out myself, so maybe he didn't either.

Last edited by Adric on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

3 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:32 pm

Iconoclast

Trailboss
I will just say OK, yes! Quiet is unrealistic in my house!

Iconoclast

4 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:55 pm

Beaver

Wrangler
I will say

"That was a no, sport, so knock it off. Or else..."

If he continues bugging me I will take that as an invitation to warm up his bottom...

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Beaver

5 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
The first thing is to ask what he thinks it means to determine what he thinks if means.  I doubt if he agrees with the meaning given in the scenario any more than I do.  He very much has the attitude of mi casa es tu casa and hasn’t the vaguest idea of what the scenario is driving at.

His question was simple, direct and polite. The answer to his question was, to put it directly, EVASIVE.  He does not care that the others will be away and he probably knew that days ago.

The proper answer would have been either “Sorry, no because Bryce, Parker, and Ethan won't be here.” or “Sure although Bryce, Parker, and Ethan won't be here." as the case is.

Absolutely no spanking for not knowing obscure nuances of words.  I note how long the explanation was to prove my point.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

6 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:22 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will simply remind him that I had asked for no gatherings. I will suggest he could meet the other boys at one of the other homes.

I see no reason to spank for this.

7 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:05 pm

db105

Trailboss

So, is impertinence  a spanking offense?

It may be, but not in this case. A bit of boyish cheekiness is not so bad, and this does not cross the line. I'll just give him a straight answer and, if the answer is no, I'll explain why.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

8 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:58 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I don't see it as "impertinent". Even as an adult, I'm confused as to why the presence of Bryce, Parker, and Ethan would be required for Connor, Jerry, and Jake to have a gaming night.

I'll point out that if I wasn't clear in my "no", it was a definite "no", and the discussion about it is done. I don't see it as a spanking or otherwise punishable offense.

9 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:19 pm

Adric

Cowboy
At the risk of appearing impertinent, I'll elaborate now on my earlier response:
AFinch wrote:I don't see it as "impertinent".  Even as an adult, I'm confused as to why the presence of Bryce, Parker, and Ethan would be required for Connor, Jerry, and Jake to have a gaming night.
Like Kier, I didn't understand that at all.  Finally after reading the scenario a few more times I concluded that Connor is a close friend of the family but not actually a member of the household.  As such, his request to book your house for an event of his choosing that would not involve members of your own family could be construed as presumptous.
Y Lee Coyote wrote:He very much has the attitude of mi casa es tu casa and hasn’t the vaguest idea of what the scenario is driving at.
YLC says it pretty well.  Connor has assumed that since his bottom is yours to spank, then your house is his to book for an event, in the spirit of "It Takes a Village".  That sounds like a pretty logical assumption for a 12(?) year old, and bringing up Bryce, Parker, and Ethan probably sounded to him, well, impertinent.  That would be why he would try the question again.

So, I think that puts me in agreement with YLC and Kier.  No spanking, and I don't think there was any impertinence on Connor's part.

A less nuanced answer would be "I'm sick and I need peace and quiet tonight" or "I told all the boys that we would not be scheduling any activities for tonight."

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

10 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:14 am

ivor

Marshall
I concur with those who consider that your answer wasn't a definitive one but was virtually guaranteed to draw a response from him. The one word response could perhaps be construed as impertinent, but on the other hand you could have given a much clearer answer to his question.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

11 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:37 am

Jack

Admin
Adric wrote:Connor has assumed that since his bottom is yours to spank, then your house is his to book for an event, in the spirit of "It Takes a Village". That sounds like a pretty logical assumption for a 12(?) year old,

Embarassed Connor is actually 16.

Adric wrote:At the risk of appearing impertinent, I'll elaborate now on my earlier response:
AFinch wrote:I don't see it as "impertinent".  Even as an adult, I'm confused as to why the presence of Bryce, Parker, and Ethan would be required for Connor, Jerry, and Jake to have a gaming night.

Like Kier, I didn't understand that at all.  Finally after reading the scenario a few more times I concluded that Connor is a close friend of the family but not actually a member of the household.  As such, his request to book your house for an event of his choosing that would not involve members of your own family could be construed as presumptuous.

What Adric said here is exactly how I felt about it. What Y Lee said about a 'mi casa es su casa' attitude is something I do find presumptous and/or impertinent. What Adric said in that first quote (about Connor's bottom being mine to spank) is something I hadn't really considered.

For the record, I might as well say that I did spank Connor.... If you call pulling him to me, bending him forward a bit (with my left arm around his back), and giving a few smacks to the seat of his pants a 'spanking'. I then followed it up with some tickles that had him making a lot more noise than the smacks did.

Yes, I did let them come over - with the caveat that they had to include the younger boys, since I'd previously told them no big activities. Those boys all have younger brothers of their own (some of whom joined us). I think they all had a pretty good time, and I was able to leave them alone after a while, so I was able to at least kick back and get some rest.

12 Re: BOTD Extra (2/9/17): Impertinent? on Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:21 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
A little presumptious perhaps so may be I will need to expand on the reasons it wouln't be a good night for gaming. No need for spanking
I think I may be as mystifed as Connor as to why not

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum