Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Billy Kadlec

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Billy Kadlec on Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Jack

Admin
At the end of my post about the story where Billy is introduced, I asked 'how much more of him will I see?' The answer is 'pretty much everything'.

Sorry, I couldn't resist the double entendre.

When the kids arrived home that afternoon, Ethan Guthrey asked me if I knew a kid named Billy Kadlec. I told him we'd met and asked why. It turns out that Billy had asked both him and Evan Tidwell about me. Not only that, but he'd said I seemed like a really nice guy. He also caught Colt after school and introduced himself. Ethan says he's okay (Evan didn't come over that day), and Colt said the same, though he's only seen him around. I told Colt he could invite him over after school on Friday, if he wanted.

He did.

While my younger kids had other plans than seeing Logan that Friday (3 March), Billy came over and hung out for a few hours, then joined us at Cici's for dinner. (For the record, my tweens spent the night at Paul Lincoln's house that night, and they spent the evening at the batting cages and playing Putt Putt). Billy's mom picked him up at Cici's, but both of them joined us the next day, when we went to Irish Fest. We left early, because it was a bit chilly, windy, and drizzling, but we did have a good time. His mom let him spend the rest of the day with us. They also had lunch with us Sunday.

Saturday afternoon, Billy and I had a little private time. I took him down to the hand-me-down closet. I started digging for stuff, and told him to try it on. The shirts were okay, but when I told him to try on a pair of pants, he went into turbo-blush. I told him he could use the bathroom to change, if he was embarrassed, but he shook his head. "I guess you've already seen me with my clothes off."

Billy does have a lean build, but he's a bit soft - nicely padded. He does ride his bike a lot, and has nice calves, though.

I had plenty of hand-me-downs for BCA uniform that were about Billy's size, because I hold extras for the uniform exchange, just because of the amount of space I have. He has shorts that fit, but his mom didn't want to buy long pants that he wouldn't be wearing in a few weeks, but our crazy weather lately makes that a hard bet. I got him four pair of long slacks - two navy and two khaki, and a couple of more shirts. His briefs were a bit snug, so I gave him some of those and a couple of undershirts as well. I usually buy underclothes when I see them on sale, so I always have extras when needed. Plus, I like to think of him having a variety of briefs to chose from now, and I did sneak a pair of Tigers in.

I did tell his mom about that, and let her know that I keep things for the uniform exchange, and that Billy is a bit bigger than Colt (and a lot bigger than Aidan Guthrey), so she didn't owe me anything, but could just give me Billy's outgrown stuff to pass around to whomever needs it.

I've seen Billy four times now (since the first time), and seen his mom twice. His mom has decided that I'm not some crazy guy... Wait, she's actually decided that I'm totally insane, but not in a scary way. She said I have to be crazy to have this many kids, and then invite guests. I gave her a few comics. She read and enjoyed them. She also has seen how many BCA boys I have around here, including some in the same grade as Billy, and the standards of behavior to which I hold them, and she seems to like it. Some days she's able to get home a bit after four, which is okay, but she sometimes has to work later, and I'm thinking about just inviting Billy to come home with my kids on those days.

I still don't know why I reacted the way I did to him, but I really like him, and he seems to return it. We'll have to see where it goes.

In the meantime, I have learned a few important things about Billy.

1) His father passed away about three years ago. Apparently it was an undiagnosed heart problem.

2) Billy's dad worked at home, and he homeschooled Billy. When his mom was trying to enroll him in public school, she couldn't get things arranged as she wanted, and someone told her about BCA. That's important because, while Billy is an eighth grader, he's not 14 or 13 1/2. He's not even 13 until 27 April. He was a year ahead from his homeschooling.

3) Do you remember from the story that Billy knew Van? Billy plays piano, and he's really impressed by Van (I think there's a bit of a crush there). However, he knows him from elsewhere as well - they're in the same science class, but not the same math class. Van is taking Algebra I, but Billy is already in Algebra II.

4) His mom usually doesn't spank his bottom. She normally uses a 'switch' on the palm of his hand.

Details - have you seen those fancy, artifical plant/flower displays with different stuff stuck in vases that you can buy at places like Michael's? Well, she has some of those, and one or two of them have... he just calls them swishy sticks, but I think they're called artificial stems. Anyway, when he gets in trouble at home (which he says isn't too often), he gets a few cuts across the palm of his hand. He says it burns like crazy, and makes little lines, but they don't last very much longer than the sting does.

He also says he occasionally gets the switch on his butt. He says that's better, because it's normally on his pants. It's only when he's wearing pajamas that it's pretty bad, and the worst whupping he ever got from his mom was when he was only wearing his underpants and she caught him on the back of the leg.

He did get to go on the Field Trip, which was yesterday. I think everyone had a good time. When I talked to Billy afterwards, I asked him if he wished he'd just asked his mom.

"Nah, 'cause if I hadn't gotten in trouble, we never woulda met, and I wouldn't get to come over and hang out with everybody."

"I hadn't thought of that. Was it worth it?"

"It is now that my butt quit hurting."

2 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:02 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Aw he sounds super cute!

Hugs kal

3 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:24 pm

db105

Trailboss
Jack wrote:
"Nah, 'cause if I hadn't gotten in trouble, we never woulda met, and I wouldn't get to come over and hang out with everybody."

"I hadn't thought of that.  Was it worth it?"

"It is now that my butt quit hurting."

Laughing He's right. If he had asked she just wouldn't have let him go. He wouldn't have got paddled, but he would have missed the field trip and becoming friends with your family. So not everything was bad.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

4 Re: Billy Kadlec on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:38 am

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:Laughing He's right. If he had asked she just wouldn't have let him go.

I have spoken to Mr. P. He is considering either an e-mail or just an addition to the permission slip, that explains why the school thinks a given field trip is worth the students leaving class.

While Billy's mom acted from ignorance, it's not really her fault. Thanks to Frederick Wertham in the 50s, comic books were nuetered as an art form for decades, and they had a bad name. Even today, you often see news articles referencing 'Pow! Bop! Wham!', as if the Batman TV show were all that ever happened in comics. Even with the explosion of comic book movies today, people only think of super-hero movies, and don't realize that movies as diverse as Scott Pilgrim vs the World, Monster World, American Splendor, Sin City, Kingsmen, Constantine, the Crow, the Mask, Men in Black, a History of Violence, and the Road to Perdition were all based on comics.

Moreover, while it seems short sighted of her not to ask why the students were going to a comic store, it wouldn't have hurt to mention that they were visiting a successful, local retail establishment as a business lesson, and the books and food were just bonuses.

Yeah - you can probably tell I've dealt with this issue a time or two before.

5 Re: Billy Kadlec on Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Jack

Admin
I went into BCA this afternoon. I needed to straighten out some paperwork for Zeke, and they're after me to teach a few classes before we get too close to the end of school. There was something going on in front of the school (unloading something), so I pulled around to the side. I saw a boys' gym class, so I parked by the gym.

It was the eighth grade boys gym class, and Marcus teaches it. When I pulled up with the top down, I got the attention of a number of the boys, and then someone called 'Uncle Jack'. When Marcus saw me, he invited me over and introduced me to the (relatively small number of) boys who didn't know me. In that class, we have Tyler Knight, Ethan Guthrey, Scott Malone, Ethan Tidwell, and Rusty Ballard are all in that class, and I know I've talked about all of them here (Rusty Ballard probably least, but he's one of my Scouts). There are also four other kids whom I know (I mean, besides Billy), bringing the total up to 10 kids I know, out of a total of 16 boys in the entire class.

The class was almost over, so I walked in through the locker room, but didn't stay long, though I did see a couple of the quicker boys getting into the showers.

Anyway, I did see Billy today, but it's not the first time I've seen him since I did this bio.

His mom is hesitant to 'take advantage of me' (which is funny - like I'd notice one extra boy), but he has been coming over here on days she has to work late. She loves it, because she was having to pay a neighbor to watch him until he got home, and he hated anything that resembled being babysat.

I said before that I'd given Ms. Kadlec a few comics. Well, she now has a list of her own, and Billy is allowed to get a book or two and a few comics each week. He loves it, and she loves having new stuff to read.

I mentioned that I thought Billy had a crush on Van, but I think Van might be in love with Billy - he let Billy play with his keyboard! The two of them have also shared the piano bench downstairs and played some duet stuff. Billy obviously has some hero worship going with Van, and he seems to get along well with several of Van's friends.

For that matter, while they don't go to BCA, Billy also seems to get along well with Leif, Devon, and Kenny and their friends.

Billy is going to see Ghost in the Shell with us, and he's spending the night. His mom is going to see the movie with us, but she has to be at work early tomorrow morning, so she's very happy he has a place to hang out and people to hang with. He's planning on going to see Colt's baseball game with us, then come back and play around as Van auditions new Phantoms.

Oh, and he did confess to me about... ten days ago? his mom had spanked both hands! She'd found one of my books in his room and asked him about it. He'd borrowed it without my permission, so he attempted to lie to his mom about it. Apparently he's not very good at it, and the truth came out. He got his hands spanked for lying, and then he had to return the book to me, confess and apologize, and then he mentioned that his mom had given me permission to spank him.

The phrase 'don't look a gift horse in the mouth' came to mind. In the end, Billy really is my friend, so we had a little talk about the proper way to borrow things, and I assured him that he was forgiven for this, but the next time it happens, he can expect to get the same thing Kenny or Colt would get. I got a big hug for that. And his mom did check back later. It turns out he'd lied to me as well. It had been his idea for me to spank him for taking the book... Well, she had given permission, so maybe it wasn't really a lie, and it was one I would have forgiven anyway.

Besides, he and I had been looking at some books, and I'd shown him that one. I didn't know he'd taken it, but I certainly wouldn't have told him 'no', if he had asked, and I can see how he might have thought I'd intended for him to borrow it.

6 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:07 pm

Jack

Admin
It's been a while since I've said much about Billy, but it's definitely time for an update.

Billy has been over here a lot since March. He went to several movies with us, spent the night a few times, and has been over here about 8 times in the less than two weeks since school ended.

And no, I've not spanked him yet.

Billy and I have developed a relationship over the last two or three months. It's always interesting when I make friends with a boy in Billy's situation: you kind of half to let them decide where they want things to go, then decide who willing you are to go there. Billy and I are definitely friends, and I think he wants a bit more than that. His Mom is okay with it now that she's come to know me. The simple fact is that some boys who are fatherless aren't interested in trying to find a replacement. In our case, it's hard for me not to treat the boys around here in a fatherly fashion, and I guess the least I can say is that Billy seems happy to accept that.

Billy loves to talk books, and he and I have done that. He's gotten interested in Scouting, and we're getting him going there. He's actually also interested in talking number theory, which can be fun (not much call for those discussions, tbh).

We've also had a few problems - all fairly minor, but especially so (the frequency, not the seriousness) since summer started. Billy and I sat down yesterday, discussed a few things that were concerning me, then discussed a few of his concerns.

We started by discussing the minor things he's been doing since summer started. Part of me feels like he's testing limits. It actually makes sense to an extent. He's not becoming part of our household, but he knows I've spanked 'some' of the boys' friends, and he will be spending a lot of time here this summer.

After I pointed out the things he's been doing (pushing boundaries - which isn't a big thing, considering his age), pushing curfews, arguing about some of the minor rules, and going into my library without permission (which I decided to openly give him, as long as he doesn't take anything without checking it out and letting me know), he (reluctantly) agreed he'd probably earned a spanking.

Despite his harsh punishment at school, and the way his mom handles things, he wants to be treated 'like the other guys'. Strangely enough, I'm okay with that. He did seem happy to accept an offer that his first official spanking from me be limited to hand. It turns out his father spanked him that way - normally bare by hand, though it sounds like there was some variation (Billy is pretty private about his dad so far, so I haven't heard a lot of detail). He was even happier to accept 'one more last chance'.

We did agree on what he needs to do to improve, and what I have a right to expect from him. Then we waited on his mom.

As I think I said before, his mom mostly sent him to BCA for academics, not religious reasons, but she is a Church-goer, and she seems happy to have had Billy fall in with a man who has a lot of ... (anything I say here sounds like bragging on myself, so we'll just say she knows some people whom I know, and they've all given me good reviews). She did love Billy's dad very much. While she's dated a couple of times, she's just not interested in getting serious right now.

While things didn't start out well, I've always like that she gave in and was willing to try things and admit that she was wrong. I don't know that we'll ever become great friends, but she seems like a pretty good person, she seems like she does try to listen to Billy and be fair, and she does recognize his needs that she can't fulfill. On the other hand, while he missed being here one day because he'd gotten behind on chores, another day he missed was because they went to Six Flags together.

When she arrived, we talked through several things. She'd already decided that she was going to try leaving Billy alone while my kids were at camp. That's still going to happen, but not as much as she expected. At Billy's request, she will drop him here early Tuesday morning, and go to work with me. Besides work, we're going to spend time talking books and comics, and I'm going to help him with some word working - yes, he's making his own paddle - a maple Red, much like Emmet's. He likes Emmet's initials, but decided he wants to call his Billy's Red, which I respect (look at that and think about it for a minute - kids got a good head on his shoulders). He'll be going to work with me Wednesday, also, and staying until Thursday, when we'll do our Scout fill in for the kids who are still around (I'll be gone Monday, dropping mine at camp).

His mom and I were both hesitant about him staying here with my kids gone, especially with him spending the night, but he likes the little kids, and I'll still have other kids here during the day at least part of the week, so it's really not that weird - at least his mom didn't think so, and I know I don't intend to molest him, so...

And that's where we stand with young Mister Kadlec . Now if he'll just stop fooling around and get into a bit of real trouble so we can get the will they/won't they thing over with.

7 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Zyngaru

Wrangler
"And that's where we stand with young Mister Kadlec . Now if he'll just stop fooling around and get into a bit of real trouble so we can get the will they/won't they thing over with."

Jack. I am thinking that will happen when the paddle is done. He seems like a boy who thinks things out. So he needs to have the paddle done before he makes that big mistake, to get to try out his new paddle.

Just my thought from reading what you wrote.

8 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:31 pm

LLALVA

Trailboss
Billy sounds like a great kid. I am glad that you are friends! Great addition Jack I love you

Leti

9 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm

Adric

Cowboy
Jack wrote:Besides work, we're going to spend time talking books and comics, and I'm going to help him with some wood working - yes, he's making his own paddle - a maple Red, much like Emmet's.  He likes Emmet's initials, but decided he wants to call his  Billy's Red, which I respect (look at that and think about it for a minute - kids got a good head on his shoulders).

Do you think it will be done by Father's Day?  That's only four days away.  Terrific symbolic and practical woodworking project.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

10 Re: Billy Kadlec on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:13 pm

kalico

Sherrif
That's great that y'all get along and everything turned out great.....he sounds like a great kid

Hugs kal

11 Re: Billy Kadlec on Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:22 am

Jack

Admin
He is a great kid, Kal; but, I honestly believe that most kids are, if you allow them the chance to be.

Adric wrote:
Jack wrote:Besides work, we're going to spend time talking books and comics, and I'm going to help him with some wood working - yes, he's making his own paddle - a maple Red, much like Emmet's.  He likes Emmet's initials, but decided he wants to call his  Billy's Red, which I respect (look at that and think about it for a minute - kids got a good head on his shoulders).

Do you think it will be done by Father's Day?  That's only four days away.  Terrific symbolic and practical woodworking project.

No way - that's NEXT week, after I've dropped my kids at camp, so we won't even be starting before Father's Day.

12 Re: Billy Kadlec on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:16 am

handmade straps

Wrangler
Can you post a link to the story where you first meet Billy please?

13 Re: Billy Kadlec on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:45 am

Jack

Admin
Sure, I should have included that in the first post.

William Kadlec learns The Cost of a Field Trip.

And dont' forget that some discussion often happens in the story threads, which are linked at the bottom of the stories, but you can find it here at

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum