Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site


You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 03-09-2017 Losing Lizards - An 18-Smacked Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

avatar
Bransom Postmaster


LOSING LIZARDS
An 18Smacked Production


You live in Florida, and there are lots of lizards and chameleons all around your house. Moreover, it is not uncommon for the critters to sneak their way into the house.  You have basically accepted their occasional presence in the house without too much fuss or annoyance, but your spouse has never been comfortable with them in and insists that an all out assault to get them out from the house be instituted every time they invade your territory. As a result, you and your 13 year-old son Cecil, have gotten rather good at the acrobatic efforts needed  to lasso the critters and toss them out of the house.

CECIL - 13
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


You were happily occupied reading the Sunday newspaper when your spouse let out a blood-curdling cry. You run to her in Cecil's bedroom where you see your spouse pointing to a cage of maybe a dozen chameleons, with a loose top on it, allowing some of them freedom.

Cecil admits he has been raising the creatures, rather than tossing them out of the house, as he told your spouse he was doing. So, was he being deceptive by saying he was throwing them out when he really kept them in a semi-secure cage in his room? And, knowing your spouse detested the creatures, how appropriate was it for him to keep them in his room at all, and especially in the cage he had?


Was what he was doing worthy of a punishment, and if so, what? How do you react?


_________________
Can you dig it?
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Skater

db105

avatar
Trailboss
Skater wrote:Was what he was doing worthy of a punishment, and if so, what? How do you react?

Well, yes, lies and deceptions are not the best way to go. I will ask him if he knows any reason he shouldn't get a couple of paddle swats to remind him of that.

Apart from that we have two rights in conflict here. The right of one person not to live in a breeding ground of feared critter and the right of another person to be curious about those critters and keep some of them as pets. A compromise needs to be found. Cecil could be allowed to keep them, but he should be responsible to make sure they are safely contained. If he proves unable to do so he might not be ready for the responsibility.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Iconoclast

avatar
Trailboss
The way my wife was reacting you would think Cecil was collecting 2 foot alligators! She needs to get a grip!. Doesn’t she know the critters eat cockroaches!? I’ll take the small lizards any day.

I will just tell Cecil to keep them well secured.

Iconoclast

ivor

avatar
Marshall
We do indeed need a secure facility - for both the critters and Cecil.

He's going to be on lockdown for the next week, but with the possibility of time off for good behavior.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

avatar
Admin
Cee looks like a good sized kid, even though he is only 13. My family do tend to be early bloomers tho, so....

Cecil has lied to my spouse (about throwing the lizards out), and he has not kept them securely, despite knowing of his Dad's fear of them (and sorry, Icono - phobias aren't rational). I just can't see any excuse for that, so he's probably going to be going over my lap for a brush spanking.

However, we're going to have a talk about them. While I'd prefer we find another pet he could keep that wouldn't freak his other Dad out so much, I am open to getting him a good terrarium, helping him set it up to care for them properly, and just telling my husband to stay out of Cecil's room if he doesn't like the lizards.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

MemoryMan

avatar
Sherrif
Cecil is 13, well into a reasoning age and able to have consideration for other people including their fears and phobias and yet he has chosen to secretly keep lizards inside the house in an insecure facility.

"Take those outside Cecil.  Then fetch the strap and drop your pants."

Once his tears have subsided I'll help him to construct a secure facility outside.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

avatar
Sherrif
Ok well it stops here. I think we will moveh is cage outside where he can raise them in peace or let them go into the wil if he prefers. If it is proved he deliberately brought a critter in the house again I will spank him

David M. Katz

avatar
Marshall
Jack wrote:Cee looks like a good sized kid, even though he is only 13.  My family do tend to be early bloomers tho, so....

Cecil has lied to my spouse (about throwing the lizards out), and he has not kept them securely, despite knowing of his Dad's fear of them (and sorry, Icono - phobias aren't rational).  I just can't see any excuse for that, so he's probably going to be going over my lap for a brush spanking.

However, we're going to have a talk about them.  While I'd prefer we find another pet he could keep that wouldn't freak his other Dad out so much, I am open to getting him a good terrarium, helping him set it up to care for them properly, and just telling my husband to stay out of Cecil's room if he doesn't like the lizards.

This answer is now mine!


_________________
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.
http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=David+M.+Katz

18Smacked

avatar
Cowboy
I like the response given, although I do take note that it is not Dad who dislikes the lizards- it is his spouse. If it were me who was Dad- I love lizards! (Not so keen on Komodo Dragons however. But, that is for different reasons.)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

ivor

avatar
Marshall
His 'hobby' might come in useful one day.......

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

18Smacked

avatar
Cowboy
ivor wrote:His 'hobby' might come in useful one day.......


That was great, Ivor!!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Jack

avatar
Admin
18Smacked wrote:I like the response given, although I do take note that it is not Dad who dislikes the lizards- it is his spouse.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the boys would call my spouse - by name? Pop? Father? Maybe we could have t-shirts made and be Dad 1 and Dad 2.


_________________
"In the end, it's just a story. But if you ask me, it's all true."
http://bransomtx.forumotion.net

18Smacked

avatar
Cowboy
Jack wrote:
18Smacked wrote:I like the response given, although I do take note that it is not Dad who dislikes the lizards- it is his spouse.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the boys would call my spouse - by name?  Pop?  Father?  Maybe we could have t-shirts made and be Dad 1 and Dad 2.

I don't know it is such a big issue, Jack. It could be something as simple as Dad for one and Father, or "Pater" or Pop(s), or Daddy for the other. There are so many ways to go with I bet I could come up with a "menu" of about 50+ choices from which the kids could choose. And, if you are willing to delve into a second language like Spanish or French, there a bunch more names opened up with that.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum