a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 03-28-2017 A Most Exclusive Club - An 18 - Smacked Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
A MOST EXCLUSIVE CLUB
An 18Smacked Production

Your 8 year-old son, Sean, and his best friend, "since forever," Andy, who is also 8 years-old, are very busy this Sunday morning, as they formulate the rules of a new club they are starting. You are in your office, next to the kitchen, where they are sitting and as you hear all they are saying, you become more and more concerned over what you are hearing. "Oh my! We sure don't want Drew in the club!" Let's make a rule so we don't get him in there." Sean declared.

Then, Andy came in with, "Well, we sure don't want anyone like Levi in there either! I mean, can you imagine folks like him in our club?"

Sean replied with, "No, you're right! We sure don't want that kind in the club either."

The idea of the kids starting a club was fine with you, but now it is becoming more and more clear that the primary purpose of this club is to keep certain people out. You knew the boys they spoke about, and they were of a certain religion or a certain skin color. You are now very concerned about what the kids are doing.

SEAN AND ANDY - Both 8
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

How do you react to what the kids are doing, and what is the most effective way(s) to get your point(s) across about their actions?

Jack

Admin
Since the scenario says these boys are eight, and suggests that I don't like this behavior, my real worry is going to be from where they've gotten ideas like this.

I am going to sit down with them, and ask why they don't want these other boys in their club. If it is because of religion and/or skin color (which seems like quite a reach to me, from what I heard), we're going to have a long talk about why those things aren't acceptable. If it's not, then I'll help them find better ways to define their club.

When we have that out of the way, I think I'll point out that the founding members of a club need to be initiated Twisted Evil

db105

Trailboss
Educative rather than punitive measures. I might directly have a chat with them as Jack suggests, or maybe tell them a story about a boy who was rejected by the other boys because he looks different.

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

• Groucho Marx's telegram of resignation to the Friar's Club of Beverly Hills.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

18Smacked

Cowboy
db105 wrote:Educative rather than punitive measures. I might directly have a chat with them as Jack suggests, or maybe tell them a story about a boy who was rejected by the other boys because he looks different.

"PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER".

• Groucho Marx's telegram of resignation to the Friar's Club of Beverly Hills.

That was always one of my favorte retorts! Groucho had so many of them. He was a classic.
RIP, Groucho!!

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

AFinch

Sherrif
Agree with the consensus.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Jack has nailed it.

(An initiation ceremony? That might give them ideas) Twisted Evil

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

squarecutter

Sherrif
It is educative measures that are needed. What I might also say is that if they wish my property to to be the base and the venue for this club then I find the entry rules to be ones I cannot accept. I wouldnt mind fining out why such small boys feel like this about other kids

AFinch

Sherrif
squarecutter wrote:It is educative measures that are needed. What I might also say is that if they wish my property to to be the base and the venue for this club then I find the entry rules to be ones I cannot accept.  I wouldnt mind fining out why such small boys feel like this about other kids

"You've got to be taught to be afraid
Of people whose eyes are oddly made
Of people whose skin is a different shade
You've got to be carefully taught.

You've got to be taught to hate and fear
You've got to be taught from year to year
It's got to be drummed in your dear little ear
You've got to be carefully taught

You've got to be taught before it's too late
Before you are six, or seven, or eight
To hate all the people your relatives hate.
You've got to be carefully taught.
You've got to be carefully taught."

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum