Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

29 April 2017 - Missed Call

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:03 pm

Jack

Admin
At his birthday a couple of months ago, your ex gave your thirteen year old son, Devon, a Samsung Galaxy. You were pretty flabbergasted, because you didn't want him to have such an expensive phone. The two of you had talked about getting him a cheapy that would be easily replaceable, so it wouldn't be a problem if he lost it. Your ex decided you were an old fussbudget and went right ahead.

Devon lost it in about six weeks.

You refused to replace it.

Your ex is mad at you, but you have custody of Devon, you're the one that always enforces the rules, and you feel a lesson needs to be learned. You've already decided to replace the phone in a couple of more weeks, but require him to help pay for it with chores.

Devon - 13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

He finally gave up arguing with you about the phone.

Tonight, Devon came in over an hour past curfew. It was the third time this week (though the previous two times were only a few minutes.

"Since you can't remember to be home on time, Devon, you can just stay home this weekend. We'll see if that reminds you."

"That's no fair!" he yells at you.

"Au contraire, my son. I think it's very fair."

"But it's Friday. It's not even a school night. And, and... And it's your fault anyway!"

"How exactly is this my fault, Devon?"

"If you'd just bought me a new phone when you should have, you could have called and reminded me to be home, or I could have set an alarm. So you should punish yourself, not me!"

Ready to punish yourself yet, Dad?

2 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:11 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
Absolutely!  We all know that spanking one's kid hurts one more than the kid.

Devon is over my lap, pronto.  After he crys I'll remind him how much more I was hurt than he was.  (And mention something about insolence.)

Y

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

3 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:18 pm

18Smacked

Cowboy
Wherever Devon was, his friends had phones, and he could- and should- have asked them to set an alarm so he would no have violated his curfew. At the least, he should have kept asking the correct time. No, I will not allow Devon to foist his responsibility for ensuring that he come home on time to me.

Moreover, I will get him a replacement phone. There is no way in the world that I will get him a Samsung Galaxy, however, particularly in view of the fact that I don't have one of those. I don't know of any phone these days that does not have a camera and alarms- even pretty much the most basic of them. And, that's the phone that he will get, the most basic of them, since it is virtually a guarantee that he will lose it again. I am not replacing a Galaxy every six weeks- no way at all! A basic phone is in his future.

But, he will not get a replacement phone at all until and unless he fulfills the decision that he stays home this weekend. Once he does that, I will let him know he will get a replacement phone. But, as I said, for the reasons I explained, it will not be the same phone he lost.

It is high time that my son starts to accept responsibility for his actions, and he does that by staying home this weekend.

But, on reflection, I will offer Devon a choice- he can trade a spanking for the staying home, if he likes. That is his choice. One or the other. Period.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

4 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Adric

Cowboy
Gee - I have a cheap digital wristwatch and it has two settable alarms. Keeps good time too.

That's not to say he shouldn't get a smartphone, but there are alternatives for those of us still living in the dark ages.

Oh, and I do have a smartphone too, but I still use the alarm function on my watch.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

5 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:05 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
It's a very cheeky answer, but I'm not punishing myself. Devon is still grounded, and I may think about delaying his replacement phone a bit longer than I intended unless he checks his attitude.

Kat

6 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:16 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Y Lee Coyote wrote:Absolutely!  We all know that spanking one's kid hurts one more than the kid.

Devon is over my lap, pronto.  After he crys I'll remind him how much more I was hurt than he was.  (And mention something about insolence.)

Y

An excellent response.  I'll also add that it has nothing to do with me since its up to my ex. to replace the phone.  Until then he can learn to read the clock, just like I had to in the olden days when I grew up.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

7 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:38 am

ivor

Marshall
I'll go with Kat. That way all his friends will be able to see how deprived he is without having a mobile whereas I doubt they'd get to see where I'd spanked him. Smile

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:25 am

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Your ex decided you were an old fussbudget and went right ahead.

No she didn't... she was deliberately trying to undermine you and play the hero to your son...

You refused to replace it.

There is no possible way I can afford to spend hundreds of dollars on a telephone for my son... I don't have such an expensive telephone myself so it's not a conscious decision on my part... it's a fact of life and explained it to him carefully...

He's grounded for  a week with no electronics at all... I can't spank a thirteen year old since I would be charged with assault if I did... and it's pretty certain that either the boy or my ex would report me to the CAS.

Eventually, he may get a replacement phone, but it ain't agonna be a fancy one, and the day of the replacement has been moved back quite a bit...

9 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:03 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Dittoing Kat......he'll be lucky to get a new phone anytime soon...

Hugs kal

10 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:33 pm

db105

Trailboss
Even assuming I can afford a high end smartphone, one needs to wonder whether Devon needs one. First, there's the possibility that he might lose it. Then, a high end phone makes sense if you want to use very heavy apps, like some games, or if you want to take very high quality photos. Does Devon really need that? It's better to analyze his needs and get him a suitable budget phone. It does not need to be a very cheap one. For about 200$ there are phones of very reasonable quality. Much more than that and it becomes a very expensive whim.

I'm not sure if I should be punishing Devon for losing the phone. I assume losing such a glamorous phone is already a punishment for him.

Having said that, this way of speaking to me is unacceptable. The grounding will stand. I'll tell him I'm willing to buy him a smartphone, but if this is his attitude it will probably be the cheapest one available. Hopefully we will settle on one better than that but within a reasonable budget.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

11 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote: It does not need to be a very cheap one. For about 200$ there are phones of very reasonable quality. Much more than that and it becomes a very expensive whim.

It's always interesting to see what people consider 'reasonable'. Personally, I use an LG phone that covers all my needs, and which cost me $50.

As for Devon...

"Son, kids managed to get home on time for actual decades to my personal knowledge before cell phones even existed. And kids got grounded for not being home on time in the same way. Likewise, for decades before and since cell phones, boys have been spanked for backtalking their dad. Is it time we demonstrated that as well?"

I think the grounding is very reasonable, and I don't think him coming in an hour late is reasonable at all, but I will sit down and talk about it. If there's something he had pre-planned, and I've just forgotten about it, I may be willing to arrange something - if he'll drop the attitude.

And no - this was not based on RL - I just grabbed the name and went with it.

12 Re: 29 April 2017 - Missed Call on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:38 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
I am totally with YLC. What a breathtaking sense of entitlement my son has developed. Does Devon actually know what these things cost Devon was quite capable of calling home and now, with attitde hes now getting spanked AND grounded

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum