Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:03 pm

Jack

Admin
You live alone with your 12-year old son, Ramsey.  You've been doing all right for the last year or so (since the two of you have been on your own together), but lately, Ramsey began kind of acting out - nothing real serious, but getting in minor trouble on a moderately regular basis.  While spanking has helped straighten him out, you also came up with an after school schedule that should keep him out of trouble - if he follows it.  When he gets out of school, he takes the bus home.  His stop is a block away, but he goes for a snack, instead of coming straight home, then he goes to the library, where he reads and does his homework.  You arrive home at 5pm, and he meets you then.  The two of you have dinner, and he can go play or have a friend over after that.  

Ramsey - a good boy if he wants to be

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Today, you arrive home on time.  Ramsey doesn't.  You call him at 5:15 and he doesn't answer his phone.  You call the library and they say he left on time - about 4:55 (you and he are both good friends with several of the librarians).  At 5:25, he comes in.  You take your belt off, hand it to him, and tell him to go to his room and bare his bottom.

"But Dad!"

"Are you supposed to come straight home?"

"Yes, sir."

"Are you supposed to call  me if something happens?"

"Yes, sir."

"Did you?"

"No, sir," he replies.

"Then mind me."

Ramsey goes.

You give him a couple of minutes to get ready, and yourself the time to calm down.  Then your phone rings. It's Mrs. Henderson - an older lady who lives up the block from you.

"I just wanted to tell you what a wonderful boy you're raising.  I was getting out of my car and nearly fell.  I accidentally shut the door, which was locked, but my keys were in there, and so was my little dog - Precious.  I was worried sick about Precious, because it's so hot, but Ramsey managed to get the door open, and then he even helped carry my groceries in.  Please tell him 'thank you' for me again."

You assure her you will, then you turn and go to deal with your son.

What do you have to say to him now?

2 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Adric

Cowboy
I'll tell him there's no spanking this time because he helped Mrs. Henderson rescue Precious and get her car keys.  That was a great thing for him to do, but he still needs to call me in the future if something unexpected like that should happen again.

I also think I should add another question in the future to the pre-spanking interrogation, something like, "Do you have any good excuse for what you did?" That would at least give him the chance to tell about his heroic exploits (although it would also open the door to various inadequate excuses he might think of).

Finally, I'll suggest something he likes (pizza, ice cream, etc) to try to compensate him for having to wait around so long in his room with a bare bottom anticipating a spanking.

Last edited by Adric on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

3 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:14 pm

18Smacked

Cowboy
I go to my son's room, and tell him to get dressed. I tell him that misjudged the situation- and him, and I am very glad that Mrs. Henderson corrected me as to what transpired. I apologize to him and ask him to forgive me.

Then I ask him what he wants on his pizza and whether we get it delivered og go out for it.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

4 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:58 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
I’ve fallen into the zero tolerance trap and am totally ashamed of myself!  There are a myriad of reasons that he could be late and not called which are beyond his control.  Not even to listen to what he wanted to say is quite intolerable and sets a terrible example.  I would hope that I would never do this sort of misdeed.

Like 18Smacked said he is entitled to an apology and a reward for doing a good deed.

Time to order his favorite and some humble pie for me.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

5 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:06 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I did ask questions, but I didn't ask the right ones. And rather than passing sentence with incomplete information, I SHOULD have asked if he had anything to add.

Since I didn't, I'm going to go back now, tell Ramsey to get dressed, and share the phone call I just received from Mrs. Henderson. I'm going to tell him I'm very proud of what he did and explain that the reason I expect a phone call when plans change is not lack of trust, but parental concern and common courtesy. It wouldn't have taken long to text or call "will be late, will explain later".

No punishment. Ramsey gets an apology and we'll do something nice for dinner.

6 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Adric

Cowboy
When Ramsey said, "But Dad!"  My next question should have been "What?"  That would have been an opening for his story of heroism.

I have to say that if I were in Ramsey's situation I would not have accepted my fate as calmly as he did.  While leaving the room to get ready for my spanking I would at least have said in a parting shot, "But I saved Mrs. Henderson's dog!"

I would hate to think that Ramsey believes any words said in his defense would be interpreted as back-talk and only enhance his punishment.

(This scenario reminds me of that cynical proverb, "No good deed goes unpunished.")

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

7 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:41 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with YLC and everyone else.

'Act in haste and repent at leisure' doesn't quite sum it up, but hopefully I've learnt a precious lesson as a result of Mrs Henderson's fortuitously timed call.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:43 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
YLC says it all for me (aka the scenario)

BUT

Who taught Ramsey how to break into a locked car?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:03 am

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
MemoryMan wrote:Who taught Ramsey how to break into a locked car?

Isn't he entitled to figure out how to do things?  It is likely that the car was not properly locked with all the windows secured and he could get that ubiquitous item of a wire hanger in to release things.

There are two set of people to learn this sort of thing from -- crooks and cops.  I locked myself out once and just walked over the the nice officers sitting in their cruiser in the parking lot and they opened it in a jiffy.

Let's not convict Ramsey a second time unjustly.

Y.

10 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:00 am

Jack

Admin
MemoryMan wrote:
Who taught Ramsey how to break into a locked car?

With today's cars, that's actually an excellent question. When I was a kid, it took a bit of time, but it wasn't that difficult. Now it can be nearly impossible.

I've mentioned that I have a friend who owns a place that repairs cars, and a car wash next to it. I have seen someone's keys locked in the car, and it took three people (who'd done it before), a lot of time to get those things out.

For the case of this scenario, let's just assume she's driving an older car.

As for myself, I honestly think that Ramsey could have taken twenty seconds to send me a text that he was at Mrs. Henderson's, helping her, and there would have been no problem. If he'd felt the dog's situation meant he couldn't spare that time, he could have called me as soon as the dog had been rescued. I will point out that people judge us by our actions, and that his past actions brought us to this point, but that I should have been more willing to listen to him.

No spanking, but a great deal of praise for his good judgement.

11 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:06 am

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
Jack wrote:As for myself, I honestly think that Ramsey could have taken twenty seconds to send me a text that he was at Mrs. Henderson's,...

Of course he could have -- if he wasn't deeply engrossed in the exciting task of help and rescue.

Y.

12 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:01 am

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I'm in agreement with everyone else that Ramsay doesn't deserve a whipping. He does deserve an apology. I think a gentle reminder that he could have called or texted is also in order.

Mrs. Henderson probably drives a vintage model car of the sort that can be unlocked by judicious use of a piece of wire. Back in the day, a wire coat hanger was the go-to tool for getting into a locked car. A handful of people carried something called a Slim Jim that was purpose-made for the task, but I can't see Ramsay having a Slim Jim on him.

Kat

13 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:09 pm

squarecutter

Sherrif
Am I such an ogre that I dont hear him out before passing judgement. Apparently so. Thank goodness Mrs Henderson called before I dealt with Ramsey. Im that concerned that over dinner I will be raising with him. Jack raises a good point about what Ramsey had been up to to lead me to just assume guilt. But, 12 year olds act in the moment and at the moment I am more in the wrong for not allowing Ramsey to explain himself.. No spanking

14 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Wed May 03, 2017 3:19 pm

handmade straps

Wrangler
I would tell him about the phone call, and tell him that it was a very nice and helpful thing that he, and that I'm very proud of him for it, but he still should have called of texted me to let me know what was going on, or at lest awnseres my calls so I wasn't worried about him.

Then I would have given him 1 really good hand swat, and told while I am proud of him being helpful. Next time he better let me know he will be late and why, or at the very least answer when I call him, because if he doesn't then he will be getting the belt across his butt.

Then I would tell him to get dressed, and take him out for a treat like ice cream or something, and on the way there I would talk to him about the importance of communication, and end with the swat was for your poor Communication, and the ice cream is because proud I am of him for being helpful to others.

15 Re: 30 April 2017 - Strappin' Time? on Wed May 03, 2017 3:20 pm

handmade straps

Wrangler
He is a very cute boy, but his needs a haircut badly

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum