BOTD 05-09-2017 The Real Super Brats- A Daniel Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Skater

Bransom Postmaster
THE REAL SUPER BRATS
A Daniel Production

This is your son (Jon Kent) and you:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Jon has recently started manifesting the superpowers he has inherited from you, although at the moment they are inconsistent. Your son is all boy and he gets into his fair share of trouble, but is a really good kid. You occasionally spank him when he misbehaves, but you don't find it necessary often, finding that you can reason with him most of the time.

However, Jon has expressed interest in your line of work, and in your job you come into contact with plenty of bad guys. In fact, even some of the good guys can be rather difficult. Like Jon's new acquaintance, Damian, who is the son of a friend and business associate of yours. Damian does not have superpowers, but since he was born he was trained by the League of Assassins, before being reclaimed by his biological father. Damian has come a long way since then, but he can often be snotty and difficult. He is a tough kid, rather different from Jon, who has had a much more sheltered upbringing.

Shortly after meeting for the first time, the boys got into a fight. As you understand it, Damian goaded him on, but Jon was the one who threw the first punch:

Although no one was seriously hurt, it could have happened, and some property was destroyed.

You know that Damian's father spanks him when he gets out of line, more often than you spank Jon.

What should happen to the two young superbrats? Are they both equally guilty or is one of them more guilty than the other? Can getting into a fight be excusable if you are provoked? Would a talk be more appropriate here than punishment? You would like the boys to become friends and be able to work together in the future.

David M. Katz

Marshall
I will talk with Damian's father and hopefully the two of us can discuss the issue with the boys.

It seems Jon was provoked. Jon needs strategies for dealing with this sort of thing.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Jon gets a talking-to. I can't control what happens with Damian, but if it were my choice, he'd get a spanking. Even if he didn't throw the first punch, he seems to have begun the fight.

Kat

Jack

Admin
I have several problems with this.

First, while Jon's powers are erratic now, they won't always be. Not knowing what level Jon's powers might end up reaching, he's going to have to learn to control himself. He'll have to learn to except provocation and move on without retaliation.

Having said that, I can understand why Jon wanted to do that, and I know what a Brat Damian can be (his older foster brothers have both mentioned that to me a time or two... hundred).

I think this would probably end up being a spanking situation, but only after we have some privacy, only after we've talked things out, and even then, some of it will depend on Jon's reactions to our discussion.

db105

Trailboss
I think both boys are equally guilty, with Jon throwing the first punch but Damian having provoked him. I agree that Jon needs to learn some strategies for dealing with situations like this, even more so if his powers grow.

Even though they are equally guilty, a spanking may be less necessary with Jon, since he is a sensitive kid and a talk and a telling off could be enough for him. Damian would probably be less impressed with a talk.

Then again, since they have misbehaved together and are in my opinion equally guilty, it might be more suitable that they get similar punishment.

Ideally, it could be some punishment they could share and which they could start bonding over. That's more or less what happened in the comic, although it of course wasn't a spanking.

I should say in the boys' defence that the example that adults superheroes set is often quite bad. Superman is not generally guilty of this, but many others are too quick to resort to physical fights even with supposed allies.

I like how Jack, after boys fight, sometimes lets each of them have some input in the punishment of the other boy. Maybe something like that could be added here (although with Damian you never know how that's going to end). But yes, since we don't have the same restrictions as comics do, a spanking should be involved. Twisted Evil

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

squarecutter

Sherrif
And there was I thinking Superboy was impervious to spanking! I think they both deserve a spanking. May be the Dads can come to an arrangement about equal treatment. I will also try to help Jon find coping strategies for the goading

Adric

Cowboy
A paddle infused with Kryptonite?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

db105

Trailboss
squarecutter wrote:And there was I thinking Superboy was impervious to spanking!

Well, the original "Superboy" was Superman himself when he was a teenager. We are talking about old Golden Age and Silver Age comics. During the Silver Age, comics were silly and playful, and targeted towards young kids... Also, as spanking would have been quite normal then, it was a good joke for young readers to see Ma and Pa Kent trying to spank Superboy and finding that he is immune:

Nobody said parenting Clark Kent would be easy! To balance things out, the writers also envisioned Superman having the same problem in the future:

After Crisis on Infinite Earths, which remade the DC Universe and got it ready for the modern era, Superman's past as Superboy was no longer canon.

Afterwards the title of Superboy was taken by the teenager Conner Kent (Kon-El), who was a clone derived from Superman's DNA and other DNA sources:

Currently Conner is out of the spotlight and the mantle has been taken by Superman and Lois Lane's son, Jon Kent:

No spankings shown for those modern Superboys, of course, but we can always imagine. Razz

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum