Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Gambling Problem

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 A Gambling Problem on Mon May 08, 2017 5:19 pm

Jack

Admin
A Gambling Problem was first presented, nearly three weeks ago, as a BOTD Extra - Back to BCA: Double or Worse?.

Thanks for your patience, and sorry for the long delay.

I have a lot I want to say about this, but I want to say it without too many spoilers.

I think it's just a coincidence that this is another story where I'm uncomfortable with the spanking, and also another story set at BCA. The real conflict in this story is between myself and Chris Tidwell, as well as between myself and common views of religion around here. Honestly, I could go into a LOT of details on that, but it's probably best to let it go.

What I will say is that I have enjoyed school type paddlings, and I've even been asked to observe a paddling and enjoyed it. I think there are a lot of factors that go into whether I (and other spankos, I'd assume) enjoy giving a spanking or not. Many times, I don't really enjoy giving a spanking, but I'm later able to replay it, and it's much more enjoyable then. I think most of us know that spankings are unpleasant for the 'boy', and that, if we care about the kid, that's hard on us. It's easier when we feel it's deserved - harder when we think it's needed, but we're not comfortable with it.

Spoiler Warning: Chris Tidwell did do what I asked at the end of the story, and I think he's questioning himself on that issue now. It's hard to be sure, and it's hard to change peoples beliefs, but sometimes one needs to try. He did have Chas read it, but he asked that Chas not have to copy it, which made Chas and I both happy.

Information on the others in the Story: I was not there for the other kids, and I wasn't able to observe more than I reported. I don't know what happened to them, except that the paddlings for fighting were bare.

I never found out exactly what started the fight. I did learn that Thad is at BCA for fighting in previous school, and that there is word he might have trouble with bullying (being one). It seems like Thad and Paul had another bet going, but no one would say what it was. It sounds like, after one of them won, the other backed out, and Thad used the word 'faggot'. I do know he had to do extra detention and write lines on that. As far as I know, he wasn't paddled further for it.

I hadn't really met Paul before this, except in class. He doesn't actually live too far from us, and he's come over a couple of times since then. Chas says Thad is interested in playing football next fall, which is contigent upon his behavior and anger management classes, but Chas says he doesn't seem like a bad guy.

Last edited by Jack on Mon May 08, 2017 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

2 Re: A Gambling Problem on Mon May 08, 2017 5:40 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Teaser. Cool

3 Re: A Gambling Problem on Mon May 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Jack

Admin
David M. Katz wrote:Teaser. Cool

In order to post a link to the story discussion at the bottom of the story, I have to have this page. It's easier for me to start it, link it, then come back and edit in my comments later. You were just quick on the draw this time Razz

4 Re: A Gambling Problem on Mon May 08, 2017 9:08 pm

Adric

Cowboy
Pitching quarters, pennies, whatever. I have no idea what that means. I do know that if I had been any of those boys and I had any idea of the painful consequences described in this story I wouldn't have considered it for a second.

I do know that gambling can become, like alcoholism, an addiction. I don't understand that because I don't have it, but I know it is true. If I had to write "lines" of reasons not to gamble, they would not come out of the Bible or any other scripture. They would come from the statistics that document the tragic costs of addiction to the affected individuals and to society.

The standard and well-known punishment for fighting at my school was five licks to each participant, with more if there were injuries or other extenuating circumstances. I never heard of anyone being punished for gambling, but then it was a public school, not a religious school.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

5 Re: A Gambling Problem on Wed May 10, 2017 10:30 am

kalico

Sherrif
Thanks for the story it was really great...
But the last part was funny with Chris....lol

So did he convince you?

Thanks for sharing jack

Hugs kal

6 Re: A Gambling Problem on Wed May 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Jack

Admin
kalico wrote:So did he convince you?

No, he most definitely didn't. I didn't really think he would, though.

I do think that maybe he realizes what a stretch it really is to say that any type of betting or gambling is sinful, though.

7 Re: A Gambling Problem on Thu May 11, 2017 11:16 am

David M. Katz

Marshall
I found the story to be of Jack's typical superb quality. It was very enjoyable to read.

I still must say that I am still having an issue with Mr. P. A part of me really doesn't like him. Of course I don't truly know the man nor do I suppose I fully appreciate his job. Still, he just isn't one of my favorite people.

8 Re: A Gambling Problem on Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 pm

db105

Trailboss
Very nice story, Jack. Knowing the additional information you have given in this thread and elsewhere about the outcome, an epilog coikd be added to the story to describe it, but it's not really worth revising every story with every related piece of information.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

9 Re: A Gambling Problem on Fri May 26, 2017 2:12 pm

Adric

Cowboy
David M. Katz wrote:I still must say that I am still having an issue with Mr. P.  A part of me really doesn't like him.
I don't know quite what to think of Mr. P.  In the more recent incident involving the attempted break-in (presumably to deposit some rubber spiders in a classroom), there was a nameless, faceless "trustee" who was demanding a three day suspension for all the boys and exclusion from all graduation activities - and it was Mr. P who talked this person into allowing less severe punishments.  Maybe it is this trustee that a part of me really doesn't like.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

10 Re: A Gambling Problem on Fri May 26, 2017 3:01 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
Adric wrote:
David M. Katz wrote:I still must say that I am still having an issue with Mr. P.  A part of me really doesn't like him.
I don't know quite what to think of Mr. P.  In the more recent incident involving the attempted break-in (presumably to deposit some rubber spiders in a classroom), there was a nameless, faceless "trustee" who was demanding a three day suspension for all the boys and exclusion from all graduation activities - and it was Mr. P who talked this person into allowing less severe punishments.  Maybe it is this trustee that a part of me really doesn't like.

Adric, my thoughts too. I actually gained a bit of respect for Mr. P when he stood up for boys obviously just doing a really ill-advised senior prank.

11 Re: A Gambling Problem on Fri May 26, 2017 3:44 pm

Jack

Admin
Adric wrote:

Maybe I should post this over to the BCA thread to help clarify, but it's important to remember that, while Mr. P is a principal at BCA (and the one with whom I mostly deal since... boys), he isn't the overall boss. His two main jobs are administrative (which is primarily the domain of one of the ladies) and executive (and what's the root of that word?). Like the executive branch, it is the principal's (Mr. P's, in this case) job to execute and enforce the rules laid out by those for whom he works. I know he has some leeway in how he deals with things, but he also has expectations on him by both the trustees (his bosses) and by the parents who send their kids their expecting firm discipline.

The other thing to remember, when discussing Mr. P and how he handles things, is that he does not swing for the fence, like many public school teachers I've known do, and he does not use huge, thick paddles. He makes up for those things by a lack of protection and increasing the number. Maybe it doesn't bother me, because that's very similar to how I handle things.

That's okay though - there have been other people where i've read stories and their spanking methods just made me uncomfortable. Sometimes it just happens.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum