Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Sun May 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Jack

Admin
You were born when your parents were pretty old. While they were kind of old fashioned and strict, compared to some of your friends' parents, you mostly had a good life. The one thing you hated was the paddle your dad had. It wasn't especially heavy or big - shaped about like a regular novelty paddle - but it was made of ash. When Dad used it on your bare butt, it killed, and you were sore for hours. Since Dad usually spanked you when he got home from work, there were a lot of times when you had to go to bed with a sore backside.

Now that you're a father, you refuse to do that, even though your father has given you that very paddle. You've kept it, but never used it.

This is your 12-year old son, Wayne.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Wayne is a pretty normal kid. You do spank him occasionally, usually your hand on his boxers, but you use other methods or correction as well - taking his games, time outs, or other types of restrictions.

Today, you had to pick Wayne up from school, because he was bullying. He denies that, and says he and the other boy were arguing, but there was no contact, and the other boy started it. The principal listened to that, but points out that Wayne was heard calling the other boy a certain word. The principal repeats it, and it's a word that you have taught Wayne to never use. Wayne blushes, but doesn't try to deny it. He just insists that the other boy was calling him names.

Both boys are going to be given detention for the 'scuffle', but, because of the word Wayne used, he's also suspended for the rest of today.

What happens when you get Wayne home?

2 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Sun May 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Adric

Cowboy
I'm going to tell Wayne that it doesn't matter what the other boy was saying or doing - when I tell him never to say that word, I mean never.

I'm going to show him my dad's ash paddle and tell him that he used it on me and it hurts really, really bad.  Then I'll tell him that I'm giving him one hard lick with that paddle on his bare bottom and then I'll finish spanking him with my hand.

Of course I would never use that word either, or any of the other words Dad taught me never to use.

As for talking to Wayne about that word, and other similar words, I did already - some time ago.  He already knows why he should not say them.

Dad gave me that paddle with the expectation that I would someday use it on Wayne.  I think Wayne should have at least a taste of that experience before he becomes too well-behaved to be spanked at all.  You never know which spanking will be the last one.  This seems to be a good enough occasion for that taste, before it's too late.

Last edited by Adric on Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

3 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Sun May 14, 2017 6:18 pm

18Smacked

Cowboy
First, I will have a very long discussion with my son about what he said, and why. We will discuss the meaning of the words and the effects on others that these words have when they are used. In particular, I will want my son to tell me how he would feel if those things he said were directed at himself. This will be the focus of the conversation. I will maintain that focus and seek clarity that my son is fully aware of the hurt that his words caused and how he can now try to make amends for the words being said.

If he does not demonstrate the proper attitude that I want to find, then I will assist the development of the attitude by way of the method that Adric describes. But, if I hear the appropriate contrition from Wayne, I may not be needing the paddle at all.

And, no matter what, I fully concur with Adric statement about my not ever using that word in my own speech.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

4 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Sun May 14, 2017 9:22 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I agree with 18Smacked. I want to try to resolve this without the paddle.

Kat

5 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Sun May 14, 2017 9:29 pm

kalico

Sherrif
Dittoing adric.......

Hugs kal

6 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Mon May 15, 2017 3:16 am

ivor

Marshall
I'm with Kat. I don't think Wayne's world needs to come to a painful end over a one time use of a word.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

7 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Mon May 15, 2017 3:46 am

db105

Trailboss
Here I have heard the codeword bullying, which is something that would cause me to use that paddle, but when listening to the details it sounds like the boys had an argument and exchanged insults, with Wayne using a particularly bad one. I'm not using the paddle for this. I'll have a discussion with him about that word and about how to handle things better and I'll let him choose between a hand spanking or an alternative punishment.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

8 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Mon May 15, 2017 7:40 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Don't childhood altercations escalate out of all proportion when adults intervene? Especially when, instead of using commonsense, those adults start thumbing through their PC manuals for a codeword definition.

Wayne and I will be having a talk - of the type that only uses lips and ears.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Mon May 15, 2017 7:50 am

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
That's a terrible word: I'm shocked. I'm going to whack him.

10 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Mon May 15, 2017 9:47 am

AFinch

Sherrif
I'm with MM, who is with Kat and Daniel.

11 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Mon May 15, 2017 3:31 pm

David M. Katz

Marshall
db105 wrote:Here I have heard the codeword bullying, which is something that would cause me to use that paddle, but when listening to the details it sounds like the boys had an argument and exchanged insults, with Wayne using a particularly bad one. I'm not using the paddle for this. I'll have a discussion with him about that word and about how to handle things better and I'll let him choose between a hand spanking or an alternative punishment.

This response best reflects my opinion.

12 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Tue May 16, 2017 9:39 am

handmade straps

Wrangler
Sounds like I had a good Dad. Why am I being such a whimp, and refusing to admit that my Dad was right, and 12 is more than old enough to get the paddle. Also why am I letting him keep his boxers on?

13 Re: 15 May 2017 - Like Father, Like Son? on Tue May 16, 2017 4:32 pm

Jack

Admin
handmade straps wrote:Sounds like I had a good Dad. Why am I being such a whimp, and refusing to admit that my Dad was right, and 12 is more than old enough to get the paddle. Also why am I letting him keep his boxers on?

While the scenario doesn't go into the details, I think it's strongly implied that you do NOT think you had a good father - at least not in this issue. Just as it takes more than a sperm donation, it takes more than just spanking to make a good parent. I wasn't especially abused with the belt, but I don't like it, because of the way my father and (mostly) step-father used it.

Keep in mind, these scenarios are sometimes set with conditions that you might not agree with. Of course, you can say 'I would never do that, so I can't really answer this,' but you can also put yourself in the place of the dad in the scenario and see what you can come up with.

Also, keep in mind that an ash paddle - even one the size of a novelty paddle - would be pretty darned harsh.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum