Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/20/17 "BFTP - 1982 - Richie's Response to Restroom Restriction" A Kat Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
Blast from the Past -- 1982 -- Richie's Response to Restroom Restriction
A Kat Production

Your son Richie is a high school sophomore. In response to his teacher's third refusal to let him use the restroom, he makes what seems to his 15-year-old mind an appropriate response. He walks over to the trashcan in the corner and relieves himself. As a result, he now has a three day suspension. The good news is the principal has changed the policy that required teachers to refuse permission to visit the restroom during class. He also tells you he wouldn't have punished Richie if Richie had simply walked out of class to take care of business. Richie privately admits to you he took a leak in class rather than walking out because, "I wanted to make a point to that bitch, Dad."

Richie - 15
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

You've told Richie that if he were ever suspended from school, you would give him the spanking/whipping/paddling of his life.

Will you follow through on your promise, or do the extraordinary circumstances change things?

AFinch

Sherrif
Extraordinary circumstances do change things.

Neither party handled things well, but when you've got to go, you've got to go, and this is even more arbitrary than the flight attendant refusing to allow a passenger to use the restroom during a protracted tarmac wait a couple of weeks ago.

We'll talk about how he might have handled things better, but I personally think relieving himself in a trash can, rather than on the floor, or wetting his pants as the teacher would have had him do makes more sense than any alternative other than just walking out of class--for which he'd also have been in trouble.

Adric

Cowboy
I agree with Kier.  Brutal policies call for drastic remedies. (By drastic remedies I mean using the trashcan for that purpose.)

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

Emlyn Morgan

Trailboss
Ah! yes, 1982. When shorts were short. And thin enough that I won't have to take them down to whack him. I think I will 'though. Evil or Very Mad

Jack

Admin
Wait, wait, wait! The policy REQUIRED the teacher to deny permission during class? They literally did not have a policy to accomodate emergencies? Unless I misread that, it sounds like the principal is the one who needs the beating of his life.

I'm not happy with Richie, what he did was stupid, and he should have known that. Still, I think a long talk and a restriction while he's suspended will be enough.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Jack wrote:Wait, wait, wait!  The policy REQUIRED the teacher to deny permission during class?  They literally did not have a policy to accomodate emergencies?  Unless I misread that, it sounds like the principal is the one who needs the beating of his life.

No, you didn't misread it. The teacher denied permission because the principal made it clear he didn't want any more students out of class after an incident in one of the restrooms. His policy: Students use the restroom before and after school, during passing periods, and at lunch. No exceptions unless the student has a medical note on file. I lifted this from an anecdote someone told me.

Kat

18Smacked

Cowboy
I fail to understand any school policy "that required teachers to refuse permission to use the restroom during class." This is contrary to common logic and rules of hygiene. That being said, there may have been better ways to have handled this situation. For example, Richie may have requested permission to go to see the principal and explained his needs. Moreover, I, as a parent, should have noted this inane policy and been proactive in addressing it with the principal and school board.

I will have a discussion about how this could have been handled differently with Richie, and that is where I will let the situation lie. At this point, it is "water (urine?) over the dam." I will not spank Richie for this.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

StevieWeeks

Trailboss
Richie should have pulled his trousers down and sprayed diarrhoea all over the teacher's desk and all...

ivor

Marshall
What a good thing it wasn't one of those wicker waste baskets Laughing

I think Richie should have left the classroom rather than use the trash can.

To be fair to all parties -exactly how can a boy prove his need is genuine other than by doing as Richie did?

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

MemoryMan

Sherrif
Jack wrote:Wait, wait, wait!  The policy REQUIRED the teacher to deny permission during class?  They literally did not have a policy to accomodate emergencies?  Unless I misread that, it sounds like the principal is the one who needs the beating of his life.

I'm not happy with Richie, what he did was stupid, and he should have  known that.  

Neither am I angry, to be honest I'm rather amused and - dare I say it? a little bit proud of him, I wouldn't have dared do it.  His response has however brought a result, a change to a stupid policy set by a stupid principal who refuses to allow his staff to use their judgement in situations.

Had he just walked out of class he would have been punished but nothing else would have changed.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

AFinch

Sherrif
MemoryMan wrote:

I'm not happy with Richie, what he did was stupid, and he should have  known that.  

Neither am I angry, to be honest I'm rather amused and - dare I say it? a little bit proud of him, I wouldn't have dared do it.  His response has however brought a result, a change to a stupid policy set by a stupid principal who refuses to allow his staff to use their judgement in situations.

Had he just walked out of class he would have been punished but nothing else would have changed.
And again, I wish we had a "like button" here.

squarecutter

Sherrif
I agree with Jack on this. Time to take action is when the relief break takes too long ior if it s happening so often it could be seen as taking the P. (Can I say that here?)

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
There is a lot of fault to share here.

Kat wrote:The teacher denied permission because the principal made it clear he didn't want any more students out of class after an incident in one of the restrooms
This sounds like avoiding a real serious issue by avoiding it rather than properly addressing it.  Whatever the issue was, it still exists so it needs to be addressed properly (i.e., effectively).

The policy was absolutely stupid as proven by its immediate change after Richie’s drastic measure.  That means that the suspension was totally unreasonable.  Court action if necessary by me to get the suspension purged from his records, replacement in school classroom instruction and apologies.

Walking out of classroom without a hall pass is certainly a serious violation of school rules and so the Principal is LYING when he says he would not punish for that.  That is a situation that would lead to chaos

I can’t rationally pursue the above and further punish Richie.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Y Lee Coyote wrote:There is a lot of fault to share here.

Kat wrote:The teacher denied permission because the principal made it clear he didn't want any more students out of class after an incident in one of the restrooms
This sounds like avoiding a real serious issue by avoiding it rather than properly addressing it.  Whatever the issue was, it still exists so it needs to be addressed properly (i.e., effectively).

The policy was absolutely stupid as proven by its immediate change after Richie’s drastic measure.  That means that the suspension was totally unreasonable.  Court action if necessary by me to get the suspension purged from his records, replacement in school classroom instruction and apologies.

Walking out of classroom without a hall pass is certainly a serious violation of school rules and so the Principal is LYING when he says he would not punish for that.  That is a situation that would lead to chaos

I can’t rationally pursue the above and further punish Richie.

Y.

I agree the policy is idiotic. You might persuade a superintendent or school board to retract the suspension, particularly with media pressure. I doubt you'd have much luck in court, particularly since this is set in 1982 -- no social media to make it go viral and far less concern about the needs of students.

I disagree that punishment for walking out of class to use the restroom is more likely to end in punishment than pissing in the trash can. If a student has asked permission and been respectful in how he or she handles the situation, that student has a good justification for leaving the class. Wetting oneself and public urination are poor alternatives to leaving quietly and then explaining oneself later.

My best advice to a student who has been refused and who has a true emergency (either is in imminent danger of wetting himself or is in serious discomfort): Inform the teacher in a respectful tone, "I'm sorry, but I'm going to the restroom. This is an emergency." There is no need to argue with the teacher or be disrespectful -- just take care of business and return. Making allowances for an actual need to bolt from class, e.g., sudden onset of diarrhea or nausea, is pretty commonplace -- no zero tolerance in most schools.

I'd far rather justify leaving class than pissing in front of classmates, which constitutes a crime in most cases. (Not arguing for punishment here -- just pointing out that pissing in the classroom was not good judgement.)

Kat

Jack

Admin
Kat wrote:I'd far rather justify leaving class than pissing in front of classmates, which constitutes a crime in most cases. (Not arguing for punishment here -- just pointing out that pissing in the classroom was not good judgement.)

Kat

This was actually my thinking. Of course as you said, this is set in 82. Back then, being caught streaking would get you paddled or detention, not sent to jail and on a sex offender registry for life. That actually made this a little hard for me to answer, because my first tendency to something like this would be hoping the cops weren't on the way to arrest him.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Jack wrote:This was actually my thinking.  Of course as you said, this is set in 82.  Back then, being caught streaking would get you paddled or detention, not sent to jail and on a sex offender registry for life. That actually made this a little hard for me to answer, because my first tendency to something like this would be hoping the cops weren't on the way to arrest him.

In 1982, few schools had cops in them or turned discipline over to the police. Still, I think it was technically a crime to urinate in public. I'm pretty sure my school would have taken a dim view, which is why I went with suspension in the scenario."

Kat

David M. Katz

Marshall
Yeah, Richie was wrong and should have walked out but no further punishment from me.

But, more importantly, I need a decorator. That carpet went out of style three years ago. Razz

Plagosus

Cowboy
I think concentrate on the act.

Did Richie have to urinate in the trashcan? No, he could have left the room.

Is urinating in a trashcan a pretty disgusting thing to do? Yes.

Was it disrespectful to the teacher? Yes.

Did he do it as an act of defiance? Probably.

There is nothing to justfy the act. The clincher is calling his teacher a bitch. Spanking of life to be administered with each stroke accompanied by the refrain: You will not refer to your teacher as a bitch.

Plagosus

Cowboy
It's no good I need to ask. What does the boy in the picture have in his hand?

Zac

Cowboy
Plagosus wrote:It's no good I need to ask. What does the boy in the picture have in his hand?
I hadn't noticed that before you mentioned it. I think it is a launcher for a spinning "flying saucer" toy, which could be the propeller/fan blade-like thing just next to the boy's shoulder.

Plagosus

Cowboy
Zac wrote:
Plagosus wrote:It's no good I need to ask. What does the boy in the picture have in his hand?
I hadn't noticed that before you mentioned it. I think it is a launcher for a spinning "flying saucer" toy, which could be the propeller/fan blade-like thing just next to the boy's shoulder.

I believe you are right! I hadn't spotted the flying saucer.

Padraig

Trailboss
actually a good foto, catching the propeller the boy just launched in the air right in front of him....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum