You are not connected. Please login or register

BOTD 5/28/17 "Shoplifting Duo" An 18Smacked Production

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

David M. Katz

Marshall
The Shoplifting Duo
An 18Smacked Production

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is your nine year-old son, Nathan, with his thirteen year-old brother, Trent. You were informed that they were working together to shoplift from a convenience store that is a few miles from your house. According to the store manager, Mr. Chastain, Nathan was distracting the clerk by asking a bunch of nonsensical questions about items that would not be the sort of products sold there, and while distracting the clerk, Trent was busy loading up the backpack with comics, Transformers and candy bars. Only when the security recordings were reviewed did they discover how and when the shelves were emptied. As the two boys were regulars at the store, the manager waited until they returned there once again, and then he got their names, phone number, and parents' names and called the house, rather than calling the police- yet.

When you talk to the boys, Nathan tells you that Trent was making him to do what he did, or else he was not going to tutor him with his maths any longer. Nathan always had difficulties with maths, but when Trent tutored him, his grades actually entered the top tier, coming all the way up from failing grades.

The manager has asked that you, as the boy's father, handle the matter in a way that will be likely to ensure that Trent and Nathan never again will shoplift at his or any other store. If you can give that assurance, he will not call the police.

What will be your plan of action in this matter?

David M. Katz

Marshall
Time for Uncle Jack to drop by and give a lesson in picking a switch. Twisted Evil

The boys will both get SERIOUS age appropriate spankings.

I will also look in to getting Nathan a math tutor or, conversely, if Trent's services are working, and he is willing to continue then I will pay Trent for his services.

Adric

Cowboy
This sounds quite similar to a MMSA story I read once.  (It ended with both boys thoroughly spanked and standing in the same corner in adjacent bedrooms.)

This was the story: My Little Brother, Bruce.  It is of course a rather different story but with some similarities.

Nathan and Trent both need really hard (deluxe) age-appropriate spankings and then they need to go visit the store manager to convince him that they have learned their lessons (perhaps even by describing what happened to them).

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

AFinch

Sherrif
I don't really see switching a 9 year old, but otherwise, I agree with DMK. Both boys will get serious age-appropriate spankings, and arrangements will be made for Nathan to be tutored in math by a paid tutor (who might be Trent, who will now have an income making further shoplifting unnecessary, even if the CP he receives doesn't succeed in causing an unpleasant tingle in his bottom at the very thought of shoplifting).

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I wonder how I failed to instill in these boys, especially Trent, that stealing is wrong. I want to hear what they have to say for themselves. There will be punishment, but I don't want kids who refrain from stealing only because they fear punishment. I need to get through to their consciences. We're going to have a long talk about what they did, and we're going to work together to find a way to make restitution to the store.

Kat

ivor

Marshall
I can't see how either of these are going to escape without a serious spanking sufficient to transform their behaviour.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

Jack

Admin
I understand what Kat is saying, and I wish that I could agree with him. The problem is that there are WAY too many people in the world who would never steal from another person, but manage to convince themselves that it's okay to steal from a business because 'no one is hurt'. Or maybe that's where to start - by explaining exactly how people are hurt.

Nathan is going to get spanked. I understand he was blackmailed into it, and there was probably some devotion to his brother there as well, but we're going to talk about other ways he could have handled things - ways that might not have risked the police getting involved (which wouldn't be much problem for a 9 year old, but could have gotten serious for Trent).

I think Nate is also going to join Trent in learning to pick a switch, and he'll probably get one stroke to know what will happen if he ever gets caught again.

Trent has got a lot of howling to do, but when he's feeling recovered about that, I'll let him know how disappointed I am - less in him stealing than in the way he used his little brother. I am very tempted to punish him again for that, but I think I'll just let him know that I feel he can't be trusted anymore, so I'm going to hire someone else to tutor Nate. We'll see how he reacts to that, and maybe I'll change my mind, but he' going to have to convince me.

handmade straps

Kid
I agree with Jack, but I would like to add that he may end up getting a 2nd spanking if out talk doesn't got well, or he does seam to be sorry about out how he used his little brother.

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm going to agree with Jack.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Jack wrote:I understand what Kat is saying, and I wish that I could agree with him.  The problem is that there are WAY too many people in the world who would never steal from another person, but manage to convince themselves that it's okay to steal from a business because 'no one is hurt'.  Or maybe that's where to start - by explaining exactly how people are hurt.

Keep in mind I did say there would be punishment. Punishment without teaching, however, is not discipline.

Empathy is a good starting point to teaching why stealing is wrong, but it's not sufficient. By the time a child is 13, he needs to understand theft is wrong in a more abstract way: if you didn't earn something or pay for it, it doesn't belong to you and you have no right to it. Laws and rules define ownership. He should be relying less on harm to an individual to define something as wrong and more on the harm to society when people don't respect rules and laws. (Conventional stage of moral development)

Kat

Adric

Cowboy
Jack wrote:I think Nate is also going to join Trent in learning to pick a switch, and he'll probably get one stroke to know what will happen if he ever gets caught again.

Trent has got a lot of howling to do ...

I'll go with Jack's plan.  Both boys have picked their own switches, then Trent gets to go first while Nathan watches and listens to Trent howl.  Then it's Nathan's turn, and he thinks he's going to get the same treatment as his big brother but I take pity on him at the last minute and give him only one stroke with his switch before finishing him off with an unforgettable deluxe hand spankiing and a warning of what will happen if he ever does that again.

And as for Trent - he's getting that serious lecture Jack described after he recovers a bit from the switch, and he had better tutor Nathan well because I'll be watching Nathan's grades to make sure that Trent is doing a good job.

Adric

Cowboy
Kat wrote:... if you didn't earn something or pay for it, it doesn't belong to you and you have no right to it.
I wish the shining stars of Wall Street could learn that lesson.

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
Adric wrote:
Kat wrote:... if you didn't earn something or pay for it, it doesn't belong to you and you have no right to it.

The almost complete absence of a moral compass in so many people is the clear evidence that we are not teaching our children well in the US.

Kat

squarecutter

Sherrif
First I need Trent's take on what Nathan said. Nothing will save HIM from picking a switch and full knowledge of how disappointed I am. I can conceive of no good excuse for Trent to be stealing at his age. As for Nathan. More difficult. I think he needs a paddling with may be an upgrade in size from his usual and a stroke from Trents switch to finish unless he Really WAS bullied into this. A removal of Math tuition doesn't count, The boys can watch each other as I want Nathan to see what could happen and Trent appreciate what he the older, got his brother into.

Next day we will then return to the store with written apologies

AFinch

Sherrif
Kat wrote:
Adric wrote:

The almost complete absence of a moral compass in so many people is the clear evidence that we are not teaching our children well in the US.

Kat

Or anywhere else.

Peter_Z

Kid
I agree too that Trent should cut his own switch for a well deserved extraordinary switching.
Since Nathan has actively took part in the crime he needs to be punished too but I would only give him a normal spanking with the spoon or brush.

First I would send Trent to cut his switch.
Then he has to watch how his little brother gets his otk spanking.
After this his little brother is allowed to watch how his real wrong doing brother is getting his bare backside switched.
After their punishment both have to walt to the store manager - Trent carrying the (maybe) broken witch - to apologize an assure to never do it again.

18Smacked

Cowboy
AFinch wrote:
Kat wrote:
Adric wrote:

Kat

Or anywhere else.

Respectfully- Not "or anywhere else" but-

And everywhere else!

An ancient saying says, "When the fish stinks, it stinks from the head." A top, down approach with families, clubs, schools and all of life.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum