Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

Quade Perez

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Quade Perez on Wed May 31, 2017 4:52 am

Jack

Admin
I've been intending to make this for week or so now, but it's always hard to find time. It's also hard to decide where to put it. I've been using the introduction area more for families, so I guess this should be a bio.

Let me start by saying that I've known Quade for a couple of years, and I've apparently known his dad since before he was born.

Every Wednesday, my employees are supposed to be at work at 8am. They set everything up to check in the order and break it down, then they wait for UPS. I leave as soon as I have the kids on the road, but instead of going straight to work, I stop to pick up donuts (and sometimes coffee stuff). They do it all there - rolling out the dough and frying the donuts right there, and sometimes my blueberry cake donuts are still warm from the fryer.

Anyway, someone else who has a similar habit is Mr. Perez and his son Quade. Quade's pretty cute, so I noticed him, but he's also a bit shy. After the second or third time I remember seeing him, his dad said something to him. I think it was a week or two after that that Quade asked me if I used to work at the comic store. Turns out his Dad is a huge fan, and Quade has grown up reading them. It's reached the point where we chat for a couple of minutes most every Wednesday morning.

Despite that, Quade has never become a part of our group, because he is a little shy, because he's only 11, and because they don't live especially near us. He does have some slight knowledge of my boys from joining us at an occasional movie showing.

The reason for this post is that Quade has not had a good year. After not seeing them for several weeks, I ran into his dad and asked. Quade had mono and was out of school. That's no fun. He was out of school a number of weeks before the doctor okayed him going back. My understanding is that Quade is a decent student, but week in math. He'd done okay keeping up with most of his work, but had fallen behind there, even with some help. So he finally gets back to school, about ten days later he's in a car wreck that left him with a seriously broken leg and he was out for another couple of weeks before he was able to go back.

So yeah, he didn't pass the STAAR test for math, and since he was a fifth grader, he can't move on to sixth. Summer school is an option, but they already had plans in place, so they were seeking alternatives. While he might be able to get a separate STAAR make-up, he may also attend BCA next year. Now, here's the fun part, which I still don't understand, but I'm sure you, Constant Reader, have already guessed. Somehow, somewhere, my name ended up on a list of potential tutors.

While part of me chaffs at that, and while I have had my name removed from the list, Quade and I are pretty much ideal for each other. His parents both work, and his little sister will be spending most of the summer with her aunt and (female) cousins. Quade quit honestly hates it there, because it's all girly-fru fru, and the only boy he knew in the area has moved. He already didn't want to go this summer. His parents will be able to drop him off with me in the morning and pick him up when they're able - assuming he doesn't just sleep over here, which I'm sure he will many nights, after he unshies enough to be comfortable.

Since Quade already likes comics and reads sci-fi/fantasy, he should have plenty of potential friends.

If he goes to BCA, Billy Worley will be over here pretty much every day, and Gavin Knight will be around a lot, I'm sure.

While I am a maths teacher, and can spend some time tutoring him there, we have a ton of other things going on, which should stimulate him and help his academic growth, while giving him plenty of time to just cut loose and play.

His parents are paying me a pittance to do this. I was a bit torn, since I've already got this going on for so many kids, but he does need special instruction, and he's not (wasn't) friends with my kids, so we worked out something that made them feel like he wasn't getting charity, but didn't make me feel guilty for mostly treating him like one of the crowd.

As the surname suggests, Quade is Hispanic. He's 11, and about 4'9" or 10", I think. He's thin, but not exactly skinny, and maybe has a bit of extra padding (as long as he was sick/broke this year, I'm not surprised), so he maybe weighs 90 pounds or a bit more. While he has a medium Hispanic skin tone, his hair is actually a dark brown that looks pretty good. He's still very boyish and cute.

His dad is very short -like maybe 5'3", a full head shorter than I am. His mom is taller than that. If I remember the formula correctly, Quade will probably end up about 5'7" or so, but if his dad is short for non-genetic reason, Quade could be taller.

Quade's Dad has only spanked him about twice that Quade remembers. From the way Quade describes it, Mr. Perez is not a good spanker, and I'm pretty sure those situations really were of the 'this will hurt me more than you'. Mr. Perez loves his son, is very tenderhearted, and does not seem like a good disciplinarian. On the other hand, Quade hates to disappoint his dad, so maybe it works on a different level.

On the other hand, his mom spanks his bare butt with a wooden spoon, and isn't at all shy about it. He says the worst spanking he had in his life was a few weeks ago now. He already knew how bad math was, so he just blew off some math homework. His mom caught him, chewed him out, then took his tablet (he'd been watching TV). As she was leaving the room, he backtalked her.

Apparently the fiery-tempered Hispanic woman is a justified stereotype in some cases!

"Did you learn anything from that, Quade?"

"Yeah, I learned not to sass Mom until the door's closed!"

Anyway, after backing and forthing several times, Mrs. Perez and I got Mister P out of the way, and Quade has the option of being treated like one of my kids or calling her, if he does get in trouble (which his mom states as 'when, not if', but that's boys for you).

Anyway, one of the reasons his parents were against summer school, is that he was already slated for a week at summer camp. it's the same time my kids will be gone (though mine are gone for two weeks), so Quade and I will have some time to get real work done, and he's looking forward to making a few trips to work with me. He does go to Bransom, though not to school with any of my boys, so he finishes Friday, and will start joining us next week.

2 Re: Quade Perez on Wed May 31, 2017 5:36 am

db105

Trailboss
Sounds like being around your family could do him good. One question: could one of your older boys tutor him instead of you, at least some of the time? I mean, because you probably have a lot of things on your plate already.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Danny

3 Re: Quade Perez on Wed May 31, 2017 12:51 pm

Jack

Admin
You asked a bigger question than you realize, DB. In this specific case, yes, some of the boys will help from time to time - probably more in supervising when necessary (like for tests), but it would do several of them good to help someone bit younger.

4 Re: Quade Perez on Wed May 31, 2017 1:52 pm

kalico

Sherrif
He sounds like he will fit in with your group and I hope he gets the help he needs to pass the test so he gets to advance..... good luck to you both

Hugs kal

5 Re: Quade Perez on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:42 am

Jack

Admin
db105 wrote:Sounds like being around your family could do him good. One question: could one of your older boys tutor him instead of you, at least some of the time? I mean, because you probably have a lot of things on your plate already.

I wish I had remembered this comment Friday. I could and should have had one of the older boys at least administer his test, then I could have graded it when I returned, and called him in to do the rest of his session.

But, hindsight is 20/20. Which brings me around to mentioning that Quade received his first spanking of the summer, and his first ever spanking from me last Friday. The details can be found in the BOTD scenario [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It was interesting. Adric and I discussed it in chat a bit last night, and he said he would have been more willing to spank if he'd known about the whole 'three strike' situation (I'm paraphrasing). The thing is, all that information was in the scenario, which brings up another problem in writing/answering these things - there is a difference between reading about a situation and actually being there.

Anyway, Quade is also off to camp, so he won't be around this week (and again, if I'd remembered that, I might not have sent him home that day with a sore bottom; but hindsight is 20/20). On the other hand, after he'd finished crying and got some clothes on (yes, I spanked him while he was completely naked, but only because he had been in the pool, and his trunks came off before he came in), we seemed just fine.

So, he's going to be away and having a great time, and then he'll be back next week, and I'll have a relatively quiet house and small group, so he'll get a lot of personal attention.

6 Re: Quade Perez on Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:45 am

LLALVA

Trailboss
Jack wrote:But, hindsight is 20/20

Hugs Jack I love you

Good that Quade is going to camp and will be back to a quieter house!

Thanks for sharing Jack!

I love you

Leti

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum