Bransom, TX

a discussion place for our web site

You are not connected. Please login or register

10 June 2017 - Whodunnit?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:26 pm

Jack

Admin
These are your sons - 13 (and a half) year old Steve, and (barely) 12-year old Martin.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

In your family, teenage boys don't get spanked.  Steve was never much trouble, and so you continued the tradition your father handed you.  You also explained things to Martin, who seemed more excited about reaching the milestone himself than envious of his big brother (the two of them have always been close friends - competitive with each other, but mostly supportive).  Martin isn't quite as well behaved as Steve.  While  Steve has been on various restrictions a few times since he reached his teens, Martin (who still has about 10 months to go before reaching 13) has made several trips over your lap to have his bare bottom spanked or paddled.

Today you came home to find a broken window.  It was mostly cleaned up and a piece of plywood was leaned over it.  Steve explains that it was his fault, he was bored, waiting for a friend to come over, and was kicking his soccer ball against the side of his house.  The window was just bad aim.  He's sorry, and ready to except his punishment.

You send him to his room.  You already had plans for the weekend, and you don't want to leave Steve behind, nor punish the entire familiy, so you're not sure what to do. Then Martin comes to you.

"I didn't know you were home, Dad.  I'm really sorry about the window.  I was waiting for (his best friend) to get here, and I was kicking my soccer ball against the side of the house and... It was an accident.  Do I need to get the paddle?"

What now, Dad?

2 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:50 pm

AFinch

Sherrif
I am Spartacus. No, I am Spartacus.

Unless the boys have been specifically proscribed from kicking the ball against the side of the house, accidents happen. They said they were sorry. I don't see that anyone needs to be punished at all. If I felt different, I think helping to pay for the window with manual labor (yard work, housework) would be a better consequence than ruining a family weekend or a paddling.

3 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Y Lee Coyote

Deputy
I image that one of three things happened.  (1) Steve was kicking that ball about and busted the window.  (2) Ditto Martin.  (3) They were playing together (most likely).

In case 1 and 2 one is lying and the other broke the rule about where to play.  In case 3 they both broke the rule and each decided to take the blame to protect his beloved brother.

I’m an equal opportunity spanker.  I think they need to be treated the same.  Each gets paddled either for lying or playing improperly.  They each know which one.  Perhaps a quick trip to get a replacement glass and install it together.

That over, we can move onto the weekend.

Y.

http://www.asstr.org/~YLeeCoyote/

4 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:23 pm

Zyngaru

Greenhorn
Twice during my boyhood I experienced broken windows.  I broke my bedroom window throwing a ball in my room when I was 12.  One of my younger brothers broke a basement window when he was 10 and I was 14.  Both times, dad was gone and wouldn't be home for a few days.  Both times I cleaned up the broken glass, and scraped out the glass channel and removed the little triangular metal clips and went to the garage and got a glass pane that would fit and installed it, including puttying it in.  When dad got home he went and looked at the repaired window and was satisfied with the repair and that was the end of it.  No lecture or spanking, neither for me on my broken window of my brother for his broken window.

Not everything requires a red bottom and crying in pain.

I would take these two boys and go get a glass pane to fit and show them how to repair what they broke.  For me it doesn't matter who did it, or how they did it.  It happened and now use it to teach them how to fix what was broken.

Last edited by Zyngaru on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix mispelled word)

5 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:58 pm

18Smacked

Cowboy
I am with Zyngaru on this one. It is fair logical and reasonable. And, as Kier has said, "accidents happen."

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=18Smacked

6 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Kat

Editor Extraordinaire
I think I'd let things slide, but I do want to know what happened. One of the boys is lying. I need to understand the reason for that. I'm calling the boys in together and telling them I want the facts about what happened.

Kat

7 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:18 am

ivor

Marshall
I align with Kat. I need to get to the bottom of this....

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Ivor+slipper

8 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:11 am

MemoryMan

Sherrif
I'm forming a KIMM club.

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=MemoryMan

9 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:13 am

Jack

Admin
Well, I screwed this one up.

Yes, windows have been broken before, and kicking the ball against the side of the house (or hitting baseballs towards the house or whatever) has been specifically forbidden - so yeah, the scenario would have been a bit different if that had been included.

For the record, when you're ready to know

What Really Happened...:

'Twas Steve who did it.

After breaking the window, Steve was opining about probably getting grounded and wondering what would happen to their big weekend plans. Martin overheard this while helping cover the window. Though Martin hates getting spanked, he decided to take the blame, so they could still do everything they had planned. Unfortunately, he didn't bother to share his epiphany with his big brother.

10 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:41 am

Adric

Cowboy
I've just been reminded of the fact that I had specifically forbidden the kicking exercise that let to the window breaking, so this was an "accident" resulting from disobedience.  Now I will call both boys into the room and ask them together to tell me again what happened.  One of the stories will change, with the result that one of them disobeyed while the other lied to cover the other.  I know that I prefer not to paddle Steve at his age, but this time I'll make an exception and paddle them both.

Last edited by Adric on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.malespank.net/listAuthor.php?author=Adric

11 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:41 am

squarecutter

Sherrif
I would have gone with YLC except that, Steve is now too old to get paddled. If the rules. I think whatever the circumstances I wold, like Kier, not be punishing for the window break per se bu if the miscerant(s) were breaking a rule that led to this in which case one or both might be in trouble. If both then I dont feel inequality of treatment would be right. Martin gets the older boy treatment which would be loss of half his allowance for two weeks and help with the clear up. I they stick to their stories that is what will happen to both of them. Not sure if they are bing cleve or noble. the paddle is only coming out if Martin deliberately put the ball through the window which I doubt

12 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:11 am

Peter_Z

Kid
Zyngaru wrote:
Not everything requires a red bottom and crying in pain.

I would take these two boys and go get a glass pane to fit and show them how to repair what they broke.  For me it doesn't matter who did it, or how they did it.  It happened and now use it to teach them how to fix what was broken.

That sound reasonable to me.

13 Re: 10 June 2017 - Whodunnit? on Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Journey

Greenhorn
Yeah, without the rule, I'm with the KIMM club.

However, because of the (added) rule about the kicking activity being forbidden, I guess I can't let it slide. I'll make my decision after finding out what really happened. I suppose it will be something like this though:

If Martin did it, he gets paddled for breaking the rule. If Steve did it, with respect to the family custom of bot getting paddled as a teenager and in recognition of the fact that he's usually not much trouble, he gets a choice. He can either be grounded and have to fix the window with his own money or he can be paddled (so that the weekend can continue like usual).

In both cases, however, I'll make sure to stress to whoever's lying that although I treasure the fact that he loves his brother enough to cover for him at his own expense, he really shouldn't have to do that with me. I might hand-spank him just to make a point or pop him once with the paddle. I'll warn him to expect the full deal if he lies to me again.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum